It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter explodes at CNN's Jeffrey Toobin comeback following Zoom masturbation scandal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   
So that is the headline of this article.

It makes me wonder something, and this is why I put it in the mudpit.....it appears news outlets are almost purposefully self imploding.

The Stelter callers ripping him live and his responses, Cuomo stuff, and now this?

Toobin back at CNN

Twitter had a meltdown after disgraced CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin made his first on-air appearance after he was fired from the New Yorker over his Zoom masturbation scandal last fall. 

"At least @CNN is honest now about having no journalistic standards whatsoever. Such honesty must be freeing!" National Review contributor Pradheep J. Shanker reacted.

"This is garbage," Meghan McCain of "The View" slammed the network. "Why does the media protect these old white male dinosaurs in this industry? No woman on PLANET EARTH would be welcomed back on network tv after being caught masturbating in front of her colleagues." 

"Never thought I’d see a network effort to rehabilitate a guy caught yanking it in front of female colleagues, but ‘this is CNN,’" radio host Dana Loesch tweeted.

So...I am baffled as to why a huge media outlet would make this move.....it seems like a shock move that is going to backfire in a major way.

I do not understand the reasoning behind this....

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 10:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Wasn't it the art of war quote paraphrasing

"Don't interrupt your enemy when they are hurting themselves" lmao

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 10:46 PM
link   

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Yeah it’s hilarious and outrageous but not really surprising.

CNN pretty much established themselves as the propaganda ministry of the deranged Liberal cult when Trump was elected and we know the Liberals have no standards or morals whatsoever, so there is that.

Like one of those Twitter commentators said, Toobin must have the goods on Jeff Zucker or somebody to be welcomed back with open zippers.

Toobin and Zucker probably have mutual jerk sessions on Zoom regularly.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Could this be one of those....

I got the goods on many of you on CNN, if you don' ease me back in...

I will spill the beans?

Or is it simply CNN looking to shock some new viewers into tuning in, they have been plummeting in the ratings going on a year...

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

That's what has me baffled. I think it was last year they announced the sell off of their CNN Airport network....that was their biggest "viewership"....they could count every person going through any airport as a viewer.....

I made a thread on it a while back.

CNN Airport

They are either sinking or transitioning into something else.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

Could this be one of those....

I got the goods on many of you on CNN, if you don' ease me back in...

I will spill the beans?

I don't know anything about this guy, but you'd think he would've played that card before he got fired in the first place.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 11:23 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
or is it just one more convenient psyop to keep the "rage machine" going on white men?

Pity young McCain didn't see her Dad through that disparaging lense.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 01:28 AM
link   

... So...I am baffled as to why a huge media outlet would make this move.....it seems like a shock move that is going to backfire in a major way.

I can explain this with one simple sentence, and it's something that I have commented on here and elsewhere:

One of the clearest indications of the mental illness that is progressivism is a completely and total absence of any sense of self-awareness.

Progressives are simply unable to manifest any self-awareness at all. Watch them. Listen to them. Pay attention. If you have not noticed it until now (and I take it you haven't since you asked that question), you will begin to see it henceforth.

Consider how they whine about "systemic racism" while spouting some of the most vitriolic, stereotypical racist palaver imaginable. (Jao Bai Den?)

Consider how they bemoan and denounce white privilege while reveling in their privilege. (The Clintons?)

Consider how they wring their hands over "global warming" and the consumption of fossil fuels while traveling the globe in their private jet plane. (Little Miss Greta, Al Gore?)

They are as clueless as a drunk goose.
edit on 2021 6 11 by incoserv because: added more brilliant supporting commentary.

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Coming back to presenting or appearing on tv after such a disgrace is rarely easy, I'd be surprised if he pulled it off.
edit on 11-6-2021 by Tortuga because: bloody autocorrect

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
…if you don' ease me back in...

I will spill the beans?

Didn’t he already do that?

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I knew nothing of this story so I just looked it up and found this statement:

"According to two sources, Toobin was seen masturbating during what was supposed to be a 10-minute "strategy session" among the various role-playing groups. However, the sources told Vice that it "seemed like Toobin was on a second video call.

The sources said that when the groups returned from their breakout rooms, Toobin lowered the camera," Vice reported. "The people on the call said they could see Toobin touching his penis. Toobin then left the call. Moments later, he called back in, seemingly unaware of what his colleagues had been able to see, and the simulation continued."

(My emphasis)

So he’s having fun with someone else on zoom or whatever, thinking he was muted on the work call… Sounds like the guy made a pretty embarrassing mistake and as such any witch-hunt, or cancel culture bandits jumping on his re-hiring seems unwarranted to me. If he didn’t intend to do this then give him a break, I say and I applaud CNN for not relenting to this sick cancel culture.

And for those saying it’d be different if it was a woman. Yeah, it would - she’d be on talk shows to tell her story of how the misogynistic workplace pressured her into doing it and everything women do that might be interpreted as wrong is is because Men, of course. Before long there’d be an HBO movie about her struggle against the evil men.

If what I quoted above is true I feel bad for the poor sucker, it’s embarrassing but that’s all and the bitter cancel vampire can put their fangs away.

edit on 11-6-2021 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

I don't know about you, but during meetings I'm often chatting to some hottie on my phone and forget that I'm in a meeting, while I choke the chicken.

It happens... so does getting fired, though.

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I actually think if it was a woman and cute guys wouldnt have cared. But I think comparing to a Republican is better, and Democrats and CNN especially would be demanding they be fired, but it's a Democrat so he gets a pass.

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Maybe true about the lady paddling her pink canoe, HBO and all. Why would you feel sorry for some dumb f**k jerking it in the middle of a meeting? cnn is a joke. This has nothing to do with "cancel culture," it has everything to do with common decency. Don't jerk off during your business meeting.
edit on 6/11/2021 by Tundra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 04:59 AM
link   

So that is the headline of this article.

It makes me wonder something, and this is why I put it in the mudpit.....it appears news outlets are almost purposefully self imploding. Seems like the left leaning ones are . Right wing is gaining strength.

The Stelter callers ripping him live and his responses, Cuomo stuff, and now this?

Toobin back at CNN

Twitter had a meltdown after disgraced CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin made his first on-air appearance after he was fired from the New Yorker over his Zoom masturbation scandal last fall. 

"At least @CNN is honest now about having no journalistic standards whatsoever. Such honesty must be freeing!" National Review contributor Pradheep J. Shanker reacted.

"This is garbage," Meghan McCain of "The View" slammed the network. "Why does the media protect these old white male dinosaurs in this industry? No woman on PLANET EARTH would be welcomed back on network tv after being caught masturbating in front of her colleagues." 

"Never thought I’d see a network effort to rehabilitate a guy caught yanking it in front of female colleagues, but ‘this is CNN,’" radio host Dana Loesch tweeted.

This an excuse and double standard stupidity. Remember Church and State?

So...I am baffled as to why a huge media outlet would make this move.....it seems like a shock move that is going to backfire in a major way.

To push the Libs farther Left...to match the Right wing

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0

I don't know about you, but during meetings I'm often chatting to some hottie on my phone and forget that I'm in a meeting, while I choke the chicken..

It’s become a lot less confrontational since meetings went remote

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I actually think if it was a woman and cute guys wouldnt have cared. But I think comparing to a Republican is better, and Democrats and CNN especially would be demanding they be fired, but it's a Democrat so he gets a pass.

Which makes the real problem the fanatics on both sides presenting the subjective as objective and visa versa as the situation suits their agenda.

But that leads me to err towards giving those individuals being used as a weapon to be equally given a break on either side, rather than both burn at the steak to spite the opposition.

edit on 11-6-2021 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join