It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inflation 5% in May, most since 2008

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Let’s just go back to harpooning whales. We were pretty good at that. As a plus the super squeamish will quit driving on moral objections which works out great because they can’t drive work a crap anyway.

It’s like I say, if you can’t drive right you probably vote wrong too...all those Priuses (Prii?) with Obama-Biden stickers overwhelmingly pointed that out.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

"No more mean tweets is worth this, right???"

These are the same people who will happily snag a joint or a 6 pack of beer for free. All they have to do is get the vaccine.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: pianopraze
We were oil independent by the definitions long established.

Sure.

Stop importing Saudi light sweet crude and watch what happens when you go to the gas station.

Why are we arguing semantics?

If we're producing more raw oil than we use for more than a few months, the refineries would come.
That's the beauty of the healthy economy we used to have... if there's a missing industry, there's a lot of money to be made. Those refineries would be up and running in a couple of years- they take a while to get going.

But why would anyone invest in a bipolar country where a few powerful psycopaths can completely reverse the direction of the worlds economy with a couple of printers and a lot of bribes in less time than it takes to build an oil refinery?

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Why are we arguing semantics?

It's not semantics, arguing that we are 'oil independent' when we import millions of barrels is oxymoronic.

If we're producing more raw oil than we use for more than a few months, the refineries would come.

Would they? Why aren't they here already with the needed capacity? Think about the approval process, we've only opened six in the past 25 years. Six. Now ask how many are handing additional capacity.

You're showing the same misguided understanding of this topic as the other poster.

edit on 10-6-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

No tax on the poor my ass...wait till everyone gets their 1099G for the UI and stimulus money...

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Lucky you...I havent seen 1.50$ gas in a decade I think...pretty sure its been 2$ or higher everywhere ive been on the last 10 years...pushing 4$ in Las Vegas now.

edit on 10-6-2021 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   

You do realize the US processes the majority of the worlds oil to gas right?

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Jesus you also know we have more oil now than most of the middle east because we didn't tap our nearly as much...

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
You do realize the US processes the majority of the worlds oil to gas right?

I'm not sure why what I'm saying is so difficult to understand, you are not independent of something if you're buying that something from someone else.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Jesus you also know we have more oil now than most of the middle east because we didn't tap our nearly as much...

See above, not what I'm talking about.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

I thought what happens in America financially affects most of the Earf, since the Dollar is top dog in the currency world.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: EdisonintheFM

There is only one top doge of the currency world...

But ya, the yankee dollar does seem to lead many financial trends, though I think a lot of this is a supply chain problem.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I did not say we were...I simply corrected things you said which are not true...I'm not so sure whats so hard to understand about that. Maybe do a modicum of googling before you say stuff you dont actually know about Mr. Snarky!

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I did not say we were...

The poster I was replying to did, that's my point. You interjected yourself into the conversation to 'correct' something that didn't need to be corrected. Their statement is factually wrong.

The comment they made wasn't, 'Do you know what country processes the most oil or gas?', it was, 'The United States is oil independent', which is not true since we imported millions of barrels of oil last year to refine for our own use.

edit on 10-6-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Yes I did interject half your posts were incorrect. About the only thing you got right was that ya we still buy oil from other countries. Its not like I need permission to reply here. Don't deflect from the fact that a lot of what you said was incorrect. Just accept it and be a big boy. That's how we learn things...aside from actually looking them up before we go saying them. Jesus what a big baby you're being. For someone who is usually such a smart ass you aren't taking it very well when its tossed back at you.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   

About the only thing you got right was that ya we still buy oil from other countries.

And that's all I said on the matter other than we cannot refine all the oil we extract. Neither is incorrect so I don't know what you're on about.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   

We can and in fact we also refine a lot of other countries oil too at the same time...then it gets shipped back over seas.

You are wrong...you big baby...

Here have another...this time maybe...you know...read it...

Also further to the point of bidens admin ruining this status china just surpassed us thhis year...

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Here is another fun one...we have more oil than anyone else in the world now...

You can google more sources I'll link you just the one.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

FFS, are we processing all our own oil? No:

The U.S. continues to import and export crude oil because the viscosity of oil (measured by its API gravity) being light or heavy and its sulfur content being low (sweet) or high (sour) largely determine the processes needed to refine it into fuel and other products. Maybe learn something

Are we 'oil independent' like was claimed? No.

Let me know when something I said was wrong. I don't care if we are the largest exporter/refiner, that's not what the other person claimed and if it was they should have done a much better job of articulating it.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Here is another fun one...we have more oil than anyone else in the world now...

Where did I bring that up? Oh, I didn't. Maybe we have more purple unicorns than anyone else too...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join