It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter declares access to its platform a 'human right' amid censorship of conservatives

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm
I think it's a fantasy word but it implies being sort of organized mass of people with a common goal.

So Wokenstaffel means like an army of woken people. Wokenstein (® by TDDA 2021) would be a term coined for their castle. In fact I just did now and call dips.

Add: Woken isn't inside the active vocabulary of the country where the word staffel was lent from.
edit on 6.6.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Exposing fraudulent governments does NOT breach twitters t&c’s - but they ban you none the less

Exposing totalitarian overreach during a minor health crisis does NOT breach twitters t&c’s - but they ban you none the less

Openly supporting a freely elected President of the United States does NOT breach twitters t&c’s - but they ban you none the less

Not being a far-left extremist whackjob who openly promotes racism, violence and bigotry on a daily basis DOES breach twitters terms and conditions though, which is why they ban people who promote truth, free speech and diversity

Twitter is nothing but a platform for spreading far-left hate speech and bigotry

When that platform is attacked, we see the very same bigoted leftists on ATS rush to its defence and LIE about its terms & conditions, as though they’ve ever read them

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
a reply to: DAVID64

Okay, so I know little to nothing about their president. But let me serve you a thought experiment.

Twitter has been historically used to bring war crimes to light.. live on the internet. Twitter has been used by the people to bring forth stories and messages that get blocked by their oppressors... In recent years Egypt, and Hong Kong come to mind.

If a country leader has access to Twitter and is tweeting out hateful things, and committing crimes, or using the platform to invite violence/riots..

(Think about how the radio was used in Rwanda in that Genocide)

Then doesn't it make sense to ban them and restrict them, but keep access for the people?

Social media sites are out into a corner, they can be blamed for bad things happening because their platform, can give bad people a platform... But that same platform is what saves people.

So they do have to play judge and jury.

Solid points! Twitter gave themselves a big responsibility and it's not suprising that some bias will go into their decisions to moderate accounts.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   

#es and #s don't exist because bo now knows both are feminist.

That dude lol I don't like him but he's a genius at mathematical rhyming and syntax timing.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

You're missing the point.

Twitter stated that free speech is a human rights issue, while they ban and censor people who don't adhere to their ideology.

Ok... but first we need to know exactly what it was the Nigerian President posted, in order to establish if it’s just twitter banning anything that doesn’t “adhere to their ideology”, or if it was in fact a blatant violation of their T&C.

It’s pretty ignorant to come to a full on conclusion without having all the facts.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

If I recall, it was something about Nigerian election integrity, and we know how Twats feel about election integrity.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

If I recall, it was something about Nigerian election integrity, and we know how Twats feel about election integrity.

Election integrity is antithesis to left-wing ideology

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   

" Twitter declares access to its platform a 'human right' amid censorship of conservatives "

GOD Thinks Otherwise . Oh SNAP !

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   

So basically Twatter identifies as a critical public utility?

Ok then. Time for the public utility regulations to come down and break their backs

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

The FCC is Looking Into the Matter.......

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Twitter stated that free speech is a human rights issue, while they ban and censor people who don't adhere to their ideology.

Ok... but first we need to know exactly what it was the Nigerian President posted, in order to establish if it’s just twitter banning anything that doesn’t “adhere to their ideology”, or if it was in fact a blatant violation of their T&C.

It’s pretty ignorant to come to a full on conclusion without having all the facts.

Twitter is determining what is free speech, what is a human right.

Are you okay with that?

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   

what does this have to do with the left? and which left is actually meant? twitter is a billion dollar company that offers a service that can be used by anyone who follows the rules defined by twitter. i don't know how many right-wingers are on twitter, but there should be quite a few. if twitter were a 'right-wing' medium, left-wingers wouldn't be allowed to post anything and there would be censorship like in north korea, i guess.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

I read it via MSN personally, but even in the thread's article link, it's right the hell there:

"Many of those misbehaving today are too young to be aware of the destruction and loss of lives that occurred during the Nigerian Civil War," he wrote in the now-deleted tweet. "Those of us in the fields for 30 months, who went through the war, will treat them in the language they understand."

The Nigerian president was a military officer in the fight against Igbo separatists who wanted to establish an independent Biafra nation in the country’s bloody civil war. More than 1 million people died in the conflict between 1967 and 1970.

To me, that does not read like a call to violence, it reads like people who've BTDT before and KNOW what it's like, standing firm on not wanting to go down that extensive, high casualty rabbit hole ever again. Keeping in mind the context of Biafra, it was merciless. I understand the intent in the tweet, because their FIRSTHAND EXPERIENCE & CONTEXT IS EVERYTHING. Not what you, Wonderbread from Down Undah, think.

Bottom line here is, I'm not doing your homework for you again, follow links next time.

www.foxnews.com...

www.msn.com...
edit on 6/6/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   

So the US Constitution has gone from a “goddamn piece of paper” to a End User License Agreement (EULA)?

I’m really hating this rewriting brought on by the left side of the aisle.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

what does this have to do with the left? and which left is actually meant? twitter is a billion dollar company that offers a service that can be used by anyone who follows the rules defined by twitter. i don't know how many right-wingers are on twitter, but there should be quite a few. if twitter were a 'right-wing' medium, left-wingers wouldn't be allowed to post anything and there would be censorship like in north korea, i guess.

So let me get this straight ... Twats get to both decide what a human right is and decide under what terms you may access this right?

I don't think that's how intrinsic rights work.

Let's apply that to liberty and see how you like it when a multi-million dollar corp says that you may be free ... but only if you behave in ways that we deem acceptable.

And when we say acceptable, we're not talking about infringing on the rights of others, but just about what basic behaviors you may or may not behave in and when.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Dan Scavino is enjoying the irony

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: M5xaz

I learned a new word on Twitter: wokenstaffel. It translates to "woke season".

Agreed.

And "woke" in German translates to "arschloch"...

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Yeah , Whats Not Good for the Goose is Also Not Good for the Gander . CHECK .

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Nyiah

The FCC is Looking Into the Matter.......

"I'm sorry Dave............I don't think I can let you do that....."

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Damn.... that nigerian prince on twitter said won gold mine! I was just about to send him a cheque!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join