It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter declares access to its platform a 'human right' amid censorship of conservatives

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Read the terms and conditions before you sign up to use twitter, instagram, FB, or anyother social media site... Just like you do for ATS....

If you don't like the T&Cs, don't sign up. Twitter is a corporate entity just like ATS.

The twitter mods can also exercise their "off topic removed" ban hammer, etc...just like ATS.

edit on 6-6-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Same...I did have a facebook back from when it was new but haven't actually logged in or used it in 12 years or so. It least back when it did use it, its was before you had to prove identity so mine is under a pseudonym and my profile pic is my face covered with mask goggles and hood working in a mountain...its about as anonymous as it gets these days.
edit on 6-6-2021 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Guess twatter forgot to read Nigeria's T&Cs huh...

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

There is no double standard.

Conservatives and Christians are not considered humans by the crazed leftest and are due no human rights. So no foul.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: Tulpa

Bolshevik. You don't sign user agreements to receive human rights.

Not yet.

But soon......

I can't believe people still use twitter.

I recently indulged in Twitter to promote the new Bo Burnham special on Netflix. A relatively minor sin for a worthy cause. I have since logged out and don't anticipate any further interaction, Twitter likes me even less than this place does.

maybe it's you.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Of course, everyone has to use Twitter and it's a right to be able to. They have to make sure no one uses anything else so that they can decide who gets to say anything and who gets silenced which would then be exclusively *their* right.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: olaru12

Guess twatter forgot to read Nigeria's T&Cs huh...

No biggie. All Twat has to do is create their own Nigeria.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Right to indoctrination and propaganda...no right to self-defense or firearms...but a right to stab someone in a flight because reasons. I'm only 35 but man we've come a long way since I was young...
edit on 6-6-2021 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Why have a Twitter if your not even famous.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Tulpa

Bolshevik. You don't sign user agreements to receive human rights.

Not yet.

But soon......

I can't believe people still use twitter.

I recently indulged in Twitter to promote the new Bo Burnham special on Netflix. A relatively minor sin for a worthy cause. I have since logged out and don't anticipate any further interaction, Twitter likes me even less than this place does.

maybe it's you.

Maybe what's me?

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
The best comment came from Liz Wheeler :

twitter.com...

Replying to
@Policy
Access to the free & #OpenInternet is an essential human right in modern society... unless you’re Donald Trump. Or reporting on Hunter Biden’s laptop. Or discussing the biology of gender. Or the murderous dictator of Iran. Or a Chinese Communist Party peon lying about COVID. Woman shrugging
9:59 AM · Jun 5, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

This could be perfectly wrapped up if she had finished by telling them to “learn to code”

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Twitter declared a free and open Internet to be "an essential human right

Somehow leftist refuse to recognize its hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Read the terms and conditions before you sign up to use twitter, instagram, FB, or anyother social media site... Just like you do for ATS....

If you don't like the T&Cs, don't sign up. Twitter is a corporate entity just like ATS.

The twitter mods can also exercise their "off topic removed" ban hammer, etc...just like ATS.

Lol, look at this Karen 🤏

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Staffel can also be an army battalion of sorts. Squandron? It has to do with flying. Fliegerstaffel means like flying squandron, while the word flieger does not mean fighter but rather "someone who flies an aircraft", it implies that it's military because the word staffel is mostly used in a military/police/governmental context in Germany.

A Hundestaffel for example is a dog squad.
edit on 6.6.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Google translate strikes again. Thanks for clarifying wokenstaffel for those who may be borrowing the term down the road.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Not a big fan of twitter myself... having said that, do any of you calling out twitter for deleting this tweet by the Nigerian President actually know what he said in that tweet?

I mean, seems like just plain commonsense that if you post something against the T&C of any social media forum that it’s fair game for them to delete it... it obviously doesn’t make them hypocrites either, if they then say anyone who isn’t breaking the rules of their T&C should have a right to post on there platform.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   

What a joke. Great thread

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

You're missing the point.

Twitter stated that free speech is a human rights issue, while they ban and censor people who don't adhere to their ideology.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You're missing the point.

Bigtime.

Saying what we think is a fundamental human right that was suppose to be preserved for posterity by a GD piece of paper called something or other.

And Billionaire Oligarchs are now whining about getting a taste of their own medicine.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Fine. Twat didn't like that the President of Nigeria wasn't being a Twat, so they banned him. So he banned them. They didn't like the consequences of their actions because now those Nigerians who were being Twats are not allowed to be Twats.

I thought the answer to this was for Twat to make its own Nigeria? Or are they afraid that the real Nigeria would sue for copyright infringement or in other ways kill of their new Nigeria like Twat did to Parler when the people who wouldn't be Twats went there and made their own platform?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join