It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter declares access to its platform a 'human right' amid censorship of conservatives

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Twitter just got called out for their censorship of anything THEY deem inappropriate.

The Nigerian government banned Twitter after it deleted a tweet from President Buhari

Twitter declared a free and open Internet to be "an essential human right in modern society" Saturday morning after the Nigerian government banned access to the social media giant following a dispute with its president – even as critics say it suppresses conservative content and bans its own users.

Here's the gist. Twitter deleted a post by the President of Nigeria. Nigeria said "Two can play that game" and banned Twitter in their country. So now, Twitter is saying :

twitter.com... _url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fworld%2Ftwitter-human-right-censorship-conservatives

Twitter Public Policy
@Policy
·
Jun 5
We are deeply concerned by the blocking of Twitter in Nigeria. Access to the free and #OpenInternet is an essential human right in modern society.

We will work to restore access for all those in Nigeria who rely on Twitter to communicate and connect with the world. #KeepitOn

The best comment came from Liz Wheeler :

twitter.com...

Replying to
@Policy
Access to the free & #OpenInternet is an essential human right in modern society... unless you’re Donald Trump. Or reporting on Hunter Biden’s laptop. Or discussing the biology of gender. Or the murderous dictator of Iran. Or a Chinese Communist Party peon lying about COVID. Woman shrugging
9:59 AM · Jun 5, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Once again,, we see the double standards of the Left. Twitter says access to the internet/their platform is a "basic human right". They get to control what you say, but use their own tactics against them and IT'S NOT FAIIIIR". Leftists don't need to go to the gym, they get plenty of exercise constantly moving the goal posts.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Great!...RIGHT when I was about to help out that Nigerian Banker's widow I met on Twitter.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Great!...RIGHT when I was about to help out that Nigerian Banker's widow I met on Twitter.

No worries, I have her email.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

No worries, I have her email.

She seems really nice.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   

According to Twitter, obeying their ideology is a human right, so anyone not thinking like them is less than human?

Seems I remember something like this happening a while back, but they've burned all the books so I'm not sure. . . . .

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Why do I get the feeling by

"human right"

they really mean

"our right to selectively inform you about the woes of the world"

but what that really means is that the CEOs at twitter think they know it all better and somehow are entitled to dictate the truth.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Bolshevik. You don't sign user agreements to receive human rights.

This should be common sense but apparently not.
edit on 6-6-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
No one could ask for a more blatant example of hypocrisy and double standard as this, for a lovely Sunday morning.

Anyone in full public view doing this twenty years ago would have been roasted alive.

Now those committing these acts of blatant hypocrisy simply ignore the aftermath of their transgressions, and then they move on to their next blatant transgression as if nothing is amiss.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Lmao !!!! ...That was funny !!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Not yet.

But soon......

I can't believe people still use twitter.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It says a lot about Twitter whining about a third world country blocking what is nothing more than a left wing supremacist site.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Did Facebook and You Tube, and Google weigh in as well? They all kind of stick together when it comes to censoring, and junk. How will people in Nigeria be told what to think if not for the wisdom of Jack and his band of merry men?

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well conservatives are not human to twitter.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Not yet.

But soon......

I can't believe people still use twitter.

I recently indulged in Twitter to promote the new Bo Burnham special on Netflix. A relatively minor sin for a worthy cause. I have since logged out and don't anticipate any further interaction, Twitter likes me even less than this place does.
edit on 6-6-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   

It would seem that Twitter considers anyone who doesn't toe the woke leftist authoritarian party line as being not human, or sub-human, and thus not worthy of basic human rights.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Hmmmm
New word for retards at Twitter....

i·ro·ny
/ˈīrənē/
noun:
- the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies
the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
Similar:
sarcasm
sardonicism
dryness
causticity
acerbity
acid
bitterness
trenchancy
mordancy
cynicism
mockery
satire
ridicule
derision
scorn
sneering
wryness
backhandedness
sarkiness

- a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one
expects and is often "amusing" as a result.
plural noun: ironies
"the irony is that I thought he could help me"
Similar:
paradox
paradoxical nature
incongruity
incongruousness
peculiarity

- a literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which
the full significance of a character's words or actions are clear
to the audience or reader although unknown to the
character (e.g. Twitter)

Opposites:
logic
sincerity

edit on 6-6-2021 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Typical Democrat screaming when they get bit by a mosquito 🤣

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

I learned a new word on Twitter: wokenstaffel. It translates to "woke season".

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Never used it myself.

I've clicked the odd link provided on here just to have a look.

Does not appeal.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Okay, so I know little to nothing about their president. But let me serve you a thought experiment.

Twitter has been historically used to bring war crimes to light.. live on the internet. Twitter has been used by the people to bring forth stories and messages that get blocked by their oppressors... In recent years Egypt, and Hong Kong come to mind.

If a country leader has access to Twitter and is tweeting out hateful things, and committing crimes, or using the platform to invite violence/riots..

(Think about how the radio was used in Rwanda in that Genocide)

Then doesn't it make sense to ban them and restrict them, but keep access for the people?

Social media sites are out into a corner, they can be blamed for bad things happening because their platform, can give bad people a platform... But that same platform is what saves people.

So they do have to play judge and jury.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join