It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep Equity. The Indoctrination of American Children to Embrace BLM's Marxist Ideology.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: balanc3

It is good that we can talk like this and share our diverse perspectives. That is what will end all racism. Racism is a distrust of those who differ from us in some way; trust is established through understanding of others; understanding requires open and honest communication; communication is difficult at best when it is overly restricted.

I will concede this: there is still racism today and those remaining vestiges need to be excised as well. I simply don't see today's climate as being so much about pure racist hatred as a fear among many of my skin color that any interaction with black Americans will cause trouble. After all, if a casual conversation can result, as it has many times, in a word being used innocently and then taken out of context and used against one, one will be loathe to engage in conversation. See the paragraph above.

I have a friend who lives down the road. He's black. I don't care. He has demonstrated good character. We visit, laugh together, eat together, help each other... his skin color has no meaning. He has a brother who stays with him regularly and I feel the same way about him. However, I try not to visit if there is anyone else around. Why? Because many of his guests give me "that look" when they see me... you know, that look that says "what's the white guy doing here?"

One even voiced that concern once. My friend put him in his place quickly, but it made me feel unwanted and uncomfortable. I do not have a habit of being where I am unwanted and uncomfortable.

Long story short, it's going to take both races to eradicate racism. You want us to accept you as you are. I am more than willing to do that, but only if you then accept me the way I am. No person of either race made a conscious choice of our skin color. Every person of either race has value as a sentient human being. We all must accept that if racism is to be removed from society... there is no other way.

Black Lives Matter; White Lives Matter; Human Lives Matter. Period.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Reading into BLM and being better informed about the group puts me at odds with any association going further. BLM is catchy but garbage rhetoric.

White Lives Matter and All Lives Matter also don't sit right with me because they're a counter rhetoric which have been significantly and falsely used in labeling people as racist. They also seem dismissive of the issue that BLM was trying to address. It depends on who's saying it and how of course.

At the surface I feel that BLM was a novel hashtag for people to align with in their opposition to police brutality against minorities.

On a deeper level it's immediately obvious that BLM also Created another division between us. It's an exclusionary statement or idea that has since been usurped into a tool of hyper polarization keeping Americans in general divided.

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   

That was the problem with BLM. When I first heard the phrase "Black Lives Matter," my response was that of course they do! Black lives are human lives after all! I still believe that George Floyd (how long has it been since someone spoke his name?) was killed outright in broad daylight. He was no saint, certainly, but one need not be a saint to receive reasonable treatment in a moment of crisis.

Then when someone said what I was thinking ("Of course black lives matter; all lives matter"), the response was an immediate outrage. I consider that completely inappropriate. It is expressing the sentiment that only black lives matter, which is absolutely racist and antithetical to any attempt to unity.

So now when I see someone wearing attire that advertises "BLM," I automatically assume they are racist and potentially violent.

That is back to the character issue. If someone openly supports an overtly racist and potentially violent organization, it is not inappropriate to assume that they, too, are overtly racist and potentially violent. One's character is defined in large part by the company one keeps.

Where is the difference between someone believing that black lives do not matter because they are not white, and someone believing that white lives do not matter because they are not black? I see none if the races are equal. But that is exactly what BLM openly supports.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 10:29 PM
link   

You keep conflating and making up claims which simply aren't true. You yourself might not be telling kids that they are racist if they are white. Or that they are racist, cultists, etc if they don't agree with BLM, Antifa, etc. But the people people like you vote for are doing it daily.

You keep trying to claim "racism is more than what is being reported and those reported are the worse problems..." No, you are ASSUMING... That's not what the link i gave states...

You just want to keep proclaiming "the people in power are the racists." The people in power now are those you voted for. How do I know whom you voted for? Because you keep conflating and lying claiming "systemic racism exists and it's bad..." It doesn't and it isn't. In fact the real racists are coming out in drones and they are all left-wing/Democrats... They are attacking Jewish people throughout the U.S. for Israel having to defend itself.

The real systemic racism is what democrat leaders are doing to the U.S. They have once again turned against a race for horrors DEMOCRATS themselves unleashed on the U.S. But instead of calling to "cancel the democrat party and their lies" they are calling to cancel conservative values, to suppress conservative views, to fire people for being right-wingers/republican/conservative...

We are living in very dangerous times right now. The future of the U.S. is at stake. The only question you have to ask yourself is whether you are on the "right side of history."

How would your children, and children's children's future will be? They are being indoctrinated to hate whites. They are being indoctrinated not to think for themselves but to follow the radical values of their radical teachers, and to embrace violent Marxist movements... They are being told that "math is racist" and "science is not objective, it is subjective just like your gender is subjective..." American children are being indoctrinated into believing that their genders is in their minds, and they can be whatever gender they want to be... What will happen to biology as a science? What is happening to it now?...

I thought democrats/the left believed in "science..." It's obvious science for the left is "whatever they want it to be and it's never objective." American children are being indoctrinated to reject reality, to become racists against whites, to hate the police. They are being taught by "democrat leaders and their left-wing teachers" to hate themselves if they are white...

If this indoctrination continues, not only will American children have no future whatsoever, but a civil war will ensue. One which will rival all wars before it, and democrats are making such a future a reality.

You have to ask yourself, in what side you want to be. You want to be with the real racists? The democrat leaders/the left?... that's your choice.

edit on 7-6-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join