It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 most Rodent infested cities are run by whom?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Justoneman

No no no , rats like the smell of failure and the smell of excrement, Republican cities smell of gold ,success and snark, it's too pungent for those dirty rats, they feel better feeding amongst their own ilk.

Haahaaa

There is that. Like a Disney movie in real life..

It is about the cleanliness concepts I keep espousing, in the end.

It's scary, Disney rules the world, we are living it ,the lion King is in town ,the orange saviour is here, the part where the underdog comes in and saves the day...life imitating art and all that jazz.

Yea as if Disney thought , Hyena's are the bad actors in the wild lets make them look like brown and black people. What a load of crap that is.

Not really what I was getting at, and I see the hyenas as bad people, colour is irrelevant, my reference to the colour orange is very specific to Donald Trump and not people in general.

And as my Disney example, the Hyenas or the orange is all projection and BS.

Apparently BS sells really well, a winning platform for news media.

Apparently you are correct.

God save us all.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I only voted R this election.

Then you're not a Libertarian.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Well, I've never lived in TT...but I know for a FACT that Huma and Anthony Wiener's luxury apt. complex is full of roaches and rodents.

I was here this summer. Unfortunately the situation has not changed. There are a lot of cockroaches, sometimes mice run by.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Meh.

There were just as many if not more rats in NYC when Rudy ran it.

Shall we talk about the leadership of the poorest counties and the poorest states in the U.S?

Nah, let's not. Someone post the video of pizza rat.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Poor or rich counties, it doesn't matter. Pests are a problem that must be dealt with.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:53 AM
link   
One thing covid has done, increase rat populations, pretty much everywhere. My friends yard was invaded, never seen anything like it. Bold as hell, always would come out around 7, big ones too.

I lent him a few airguns, between that, and traps, he has taken over 50 in the last 2 months. The night I gave him the airguns, he ended up getting 27
Still, they persist, get into the garden a lot.

I wish I could post a picture of one solution he made. It was 3" strips of chicken wire perimeter laid flat bordering the garden, then a single wire on a nail, about a cm above the chicken wire, hooked up a few car batteries to the grid, the chickenwire grid to one conductor, and the wire above to the other conductor. Kind of an electric fence kinda deal. Well, he got up in the morn to see a 6' square patch of lawn at one corner burnt yup, and a charcoaled rat stuck between the top wire, and grid..the batteries were burnt up..lol

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I have periodic rat problems. They really like to nest in coconut trees, cats and mongooses can't get to them. Periodic because I put poison out when I hear them having races in my ceiling at night. They get quiet in a day or so.

Fun fact, rats really like to eat fiber optic cable. I had to put in a bunch of conduit.
edit on 9/14/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Let's be honest here. Poor urban areas tend to vote Democrat.

These area voted blue because they were dumps, they didn't become dumps because they voted blue.

Republicans have virtually no policy aimed at the urban poor

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I have periodic rat problems. They really like to nest in coconut trees, cats and mongooses can't get to them. Periodic because I put poison out when I hear them having races in my ceiling at night. They get quiet in a day or so.

Fun fact, rats really like to eat fiber optic cable. I had to put in a bunch of conduit.

We have quite a few that live in a giant Laurel hedge that belongs to my neighbour, can hear the activity at night, hardly see them though. Trash pandas too, but they don't bother too much, just can't leave any garbage around. They seem to get along with my old cat..I guess they don't see him as a threat. He is about 16. His rat catching days are behind him, but we have owls, they do take out a lot of the rats.

My friend had squirrels in his attic, they were chewing wires, caused some issues. He eventually blew some ammonia up into the attic, with a shop vac, they left pretty quick. I think he replaced the wire with bx.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
One thing covid has done, increase rat populations, pretty much everywhere. My friends yard was invaded, never seen anything like it. Bold as hell, always would come out around 7, big ones too.

I lent him a few airguns, between that, and traps, he has taken over 50 in the last 2 months. The night I gave him the airguns, he ended up getting 27

I wish I could post a picture of one solution he made. It was 3" strips of chicken wire perimeter laid flat bordering the garden, then a single wire on a nail, about a cm above the chicken wire, hooked up a few car batteries to the grid, the chickenwire grid to one conductor, and the wire above to the other conductor. Kind of an electric fence kinda deal. Well, he got up in the morn to see a 6' square patch of lawn at one corner burnt yup, and a charcoaled rat stuck between the top wire, and grid..the batteries were burnt up..lol

The problem is that there is no organized fight against rats and other pests. After all, the local management company should be in charge of catching rats, not your friend...
edit on 15-9-2021 by jamifids because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: jamifids

Management company?

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: jamifids

originally posted by: vonclod

The problem is that there is no organized fight against rats and other pests. After all, the local management company should be in charge of catching rats, not your friend...

These are private homes with yards, there is no management company. I suppose you could complain to the city, but they would pass it back to the homeowner. And on the off chance the city would get involved, some of those rats, might first die of old age
So, the option is call an exterminator, or, roll up your sleeves!

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 01:58 AM
link   

We get a pamphlet.
health.hawaii.gov...

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 02:18 AM
link   

We get a pamphlet.
health.hawaii.gov...

I imagine we would get something like that if we made a complaint..and that would be it.

The province next door to us, is "rat free" Alberta They made a serious effort to deal with the Norway rats, started in the 50s, very vigillant to this day. They seemingly are rat free.
www.alberta.ca...

We are a major port city, so probably a tough thing to do here.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Yes, because all Republican districts are pristine, and none are slums with high poverty rates.

Fact: Poverty transcends partisan districts, and is not a right vs. left problem.

Poverty and fifth/pestilence do not necessarily have to intersect. What makes you correlate the 2?

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 07:58 AM
link   

We get a pamphlet.
health.hawaii.gov...

Hmmm, I didn't see one rat all last week, but then again I was floating around like a slug in the pool/ocean most of the time.

new topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join