It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Astrophotographers, all skill levels. Post your work.

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Thx mate!
Same here with the weather, been out this night as well and temps were 22 during the whole night. I must say that's a lot better than during the day, quite refreshing actually

Plenty of critters too, had a visit of couple of foxes. Pretty weird when you hear them barking at night around you. It was the first time hear a 'foxy' conversation like that during the night

I need to get further in the mountains, still too much light pollution here.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Results of last night shoot.

From Lagoon Nebula to Antares

detail:
stack of 69 shots with total exposure 117min.
Tracked with Skywatcher Star Adventurer.
50mm 1.8 @ f4
iso1600

I was hoping with two hours of exposure there would be more detail and colors coming out of the Antares region but I guess the reason why was that the location (light pollution) wasn't ideal.
Any ideas?

I also made a panorama stitching the two together.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
That is some great shots intergalactic fire, I think the light pollution makes it look pretty cool, lots of colors. The panorama is a work of art, I'd frame it on the wall.

originally posted by: intergalactic fire
Plenty of critters too, had a visit of couple of foxes. Pretty weird when you hear them barking at night around you. It was the first time hear a 'foxy' conversation like that during the night

I know what you mean, though we have mostly coyotes in our area. Tis creepy when you hear something moving in the bush, it actually makes me jumpy and constantly flipping the light on haha. Some of ours are hybrid wolves.

Crazy story:
One night while out it was pitch-black and at the end of winter, I was waiting for my camera to finish up. I started to hear sound of air passing by, it sounded like a airplane glider. This sound started getting closer and closer.

I immediately thought an aircraft was about to crash because it was so loud, I was kneel down to the ground looking up and not seeing anything, after it passed by and another passed by.... I was thinking what is it? UFO's... airplanes?

THEN I heard what it was///// a flock of cranes! I called myself an idiot afterwards haha...

edit on 22-6-2017 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I just want to say wow you all are awesome!

Im always looking up at the sky and wanting to see more I didn't even realize astro photography was a thing and now it is going to be my new hobby .

I am a total newb the only camera I ever owned is on a smartphone so when I say newb i really mean it but I am going to be getting into this any help would be appreciated but i need lamens terms ha

all your images are amazing i literally was saying wow out load to a lot of the photos

Keep up the amazing work

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfieo26

We are always willing to help you only have to have a good read through the thread to see that, so what brought you hrre ?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I have always been an ATS Lurker since I can remember when I was a kid I watched x files when i was supposed to be in bed and my love for the truth/wierd/wonderful things grew I love space and the idea of the unknown out there I dont know really its just a part of me that has always been and tonight is the first night I have commented on here one because my punctuation isnt that good and because everyone on here sounds like a pro in their Field so to speak . unless u meant on this thread i just came across it ha

sorry i waffle

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Wolfieo26
Welcome to ATS : )

I wouldn't worry about punctuation, spelling or grammar long as we can understand you. It's not like writing a book here, unless you're posting in the short stories section. Look at my last post, that was after two Triple IPAs...... < --- see all those periods, a bad habit from reading lots of sci-fi and horror-comic magazines. : )

I'm also a noob at astrophotography, I find it immensely challenging and yet an enjoyable adventure, just have fun, hope to see some images from you!

edit on 2-7-2017 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Haha Cheers ,

might be a while before i do get to take any photos as i dont even have a camera yet apart from on myt phone which im guessing is no good ha i have an obsession with the moon in general so im hoping top get some decent shots eventually

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Keeping the dust off my cheap camera, making sure all systems go; for August 21 Solar Eclipse. In my area, I will only see 76% coverage. I hope some you have better views, and better equipment to post. : )

sunspot 2665

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
My first image of Saturn with the Nikon P900, single shot. I didn't have the camera fully zoomed for some reason, maybe at 85%, no matter it would've been all digital, plus too hazy. I just think it's cool it can zoom in on the rings.

I suspect Saturn can do better in the winter without the heat and haze.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Last night I went up to glacier park to shoot the northern lights. It was looking like it was going to be a great night for it. The KP was at 7 until dark than it dropped down to a 3.
Oh well, I had 2 hrs to shoot the milkyway till the moon came up. So what you see is the final product of last night. Yes this is a single shot and yes that is a life size skeleton chilling under the milky way. How did I happen come upon a life size skeleton you might ask? He goes every where with me, riding in the trunk.
Funny thing...In the middle of shooting this an older couple happened on the same beach I was on and I hear the wife ask her husband "What is that??" I hear her husband say "It looks like a......skeleton?!" than the wife goes "OMG IS IT REAL??!!" Pretty funny, I'm sure that was the last thing they expected to see.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I've gotten bored just shooting the milky way with nothing interesting or different in the foreground. This is the second piece in the skeleton series that I've titled the "Keeper of the Souls" It's my own personal take on Charon the ferryman of the dead. This was shot at Lake McDonald in Glacier National Park in Montana.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: w810i

Very nice

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Almost embarrassed to put this up . Moon was out and was encouraged to try and take a photo .

Thing is from this one photo i learnt so much as is what to do next time . For instance 30 minutes or so later the moon was so much clearer as it was more overhead . That and i missed a great shot of a plane crossing just below the moon . Lesson . Dont pack up till you going home .

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Awesome solar shot buddy! Was this also with the p900?
Crazy how such a small camera can take planetary shots!
Please post those eclipse photos. Too bad I'm in that part of the world where I will see nothing of it.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

That's some funny shizzle, pretty original

What's your buddy's name?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: intergalactic fire

That's some funny shizzle, pretty original

What's your buddy's name?

Thanks! I've grown bored with shooting your basic milky way so I'm thinking outside the box now. His name is boner

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I've been shooting on a new location, pretty much 'unpolluted' compared to where I normally shoot and must saw it makes a big difference. You dont have those orange glow on your photos so your shots looking a bit more natural imo.
Noise is also very low almost non existing but maybe this was because of the low night temperature at the time.

I only shot with the 50mm lens pointed in the vicinity of Cygnus.

Each image was around 45min exposure (180sec/shot)

I'm looking for some information on how to reduce the amount of stars to bring out more of the dust and gasses. Probably need some filter or maybe reduce the exposure?
I was amazed at how many stars the camera captured, a bit too much in some areas, don't know if this is normal for that part of the sky?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

What is your process for editing?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Truly creative and awesome shots, looks grand under the wild Montana sky. I'm seeing a Stephen King book cover in the making haha. With the sunspot region coming back around you might get another chance for a light show.

a reply to: hutch622

Very nice, great job. I need a airplane crossing the Moon too, just need to time it with our air routes.

a reply to: intergalactic fire

Amazing shots! What a difference location makes on lighting, though both localities look great. Inspiring, now I want to break out the 50mm, but it's still too warm. Awesome work!

Above, sunspot 2665— that was the Nikon L120. I haven't a big enough welding lens for the P900. I might buy a telescope sun filter for it and see how she works. dunno...
edit on 2-8-2017 by imitator because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join