It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jacques Vallee's new book pulled just before release

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:51 AM
link   
There could be a number of normal reasons for this - cover redesign, peer review etc. But it makes you wonder. According to Lt Tim McMillan

Sources close to Jacques Vallee tell me even they are unaware why Vallee pulled the release of his latest book. Speculation is the book contained results of analysis by Vallee and Gary Nolan that contradicted recent comments by Sen. Harry Reid in the New Yorker. However sources say Vallee has not disclosed the content of his book to even his closest friends.

I do find the name of the book intriguing.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Marketing ploy.
Wonderful thing , isn't it.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The never ending joys of this subject.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I'll buy any book by Vallee, don't need any hype to do so. It's just the title and blurb make it sound like a reveal of sorts. Yeah probably marketing, but interesting nontheless

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

The comments suggest that someone directly involved says that they are awaiting peer review of the material.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Next steps from the 2017 Vallee lecture "What do we Know about the Material Composition of UFOs?"

3. We plan an aggressive program of search for additional samples in order to reach a general picture of the entire problem.

Maybe the search was easy if Bigelow gave him the key to the $22M warehouse, although most of the samples would have been contaminated by the Moscovium under the cushions of Bob's sofa.

I do look forward to the book release though if only to see what was groundbreaking about the research (I doubt it will be the results of the analysis).

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: chunder

According to a video released last year, the material is made up of 253 different isotopes that they can't explain.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

The comments suggest that someone directly involved says that they are awaiting peer review of the material.

Yup, saw that. It just seems odd that within days of the release, he/they decided suddenly they need peer review. Something must have changed

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Before being pulled, the book was available for preorder on Amazon. That page is down, but I checked the cached version which describes the content

Following the New York Times bombshell reports on the U.S. government’s secret UFO program, classified Defense Department briefings regarding “off-world vehicles not made on this earth,” and the Pentagon’s recent formation of the new Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon Task Force, best-selling author and world-renowned researcher of unidentified phenomena, Dr. Jacques Vallee, has collected materials from close encounter sites on two continents and uncovered shocking new facts about our history with UFOs.

In The Best Kept Secret, Vallee and his research colleagues bluntly redefine 75 years of UFO history by revealing the surprising details of recovered physical evidence, with serious implications for humanity. The book also details scientific documentation of a historic pattern of UFO sightings, along with significant details never before reported to authorities. The Best Kept Secret weaves personal drama, intense secrecy, and hard data withheld from the general public, the scientific community, and even from the U.S. Air Force. Vallee deciphers the meaning of this data for the first time.

edit on 5/4/2021 by vlawde because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I don't need to purchase a book to tell me UFO's are real.

It's akin to buying a book that tells you alcohol can make you drunk.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Peer review of what? It's a book on ET's. It's going to be more hypothesis than fact anyway. That's not to diminish Vallee's contribution to the topic, but this is such a gray area that facts and evidence are scarce amongst the otherwise volumes of information written about this subject.
edit on 5/4/2021 by Klassified because: f not n

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

UFOs are most definitely real (till they are identified) .
Aliens ?
Not so much.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Maybe they just want a peer review on their analysis of the metals and physical materials that they found and researched.

edit on 4-5-2021 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

It's not that they aren't real. It's what they are, where they come from and what do they want

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Maybe they just want a peer review on their analysis of the metals and physical materials that they found and researched.

Could be. You would think that would have been thought of before releasing the book. Time will tell I suppose.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Thanks vlawde, you saved me the trouble

Cached searches for Jacques Vallee immediately completed the title.

Will be watching so see where this one goes.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I would think that the number of people capable of performing this type of peer review would be pretty small, which might be part of the delay.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   

It's not that they aren't real. It's what they are, where they come from and what do they want

I do wonder what it could be?

edit on 4-5-2021 by Randyvine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Who's familiar with the process of publishing a book?

Who can tell us how long it takes from the time it's signed off from the publisher to the time it takes for the print-shop to print, bind, pack and distribute a physical book?

Who has facts on how the review/vetting process goes for a book to even make it to the steps outlined in my previous point?

Yeah....this smells of MARKETING

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Just speculation here, but could it be because it might contradict, or overstep, whatever the June report will contain? If they're carefully setting up a narrative, then this book might put an unintended (perhaps) monkey wrench in it. If it indeed contains paradigm shifting data.

My two cents.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join