It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Border problem

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 02:23 AM
link   
No matter where you live or what you have heard this is what happens when you stand back and let an invasion happen across your defined border. The Cartels, Drug runners and human smugglers are having a great money making field day while there is no end to the suffering for those who are being smuggled into the country.

A few years ago this was more or less under control as the Border Patrol was ramped up and even a wall was being built to make it harder for the smugglers to have access to smuggle their wares into the country.. Now it is mayhem regardless of what the all caring agenda driven policy making idiots in Washington are saying. youtu.be...

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

If conditions are so bad, why aren't border patrol and ICE agents quitting in large numbers, like we're seeing in many police departments, due to being abused by authorities?

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That is actually a good question for those who have not been to South Texas or been associated with the border patrol boys and girls. The ones I knew might complain about their jobs in private but were thankful to have a job that gave them a paycheck, a schedule, and some prestige. Hard to find for many in south Texas .

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

This is what happens when you promise lots of stuff with no strings attached. Why liberal policies don’t work.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 06:16 AM
link   
www.zerohedge.com...

Sen. Jim Risch (R-Idaho) described Friday’s move as a national security threat.

“Having a secure, defined border is important to our national security & public health efforts. This is an ill-advised decision at best,” he wrote on Twitter.

“The Department of Defense is proceeding with canceling all border barrier construction projects paid for with funds originally intended for other military missions and functions such as schools for military children, overseas military construction projects in partner nations, and the National Guard and Reserve equipment account,” said Jamal Brown, a spokesperson for the Pentagon, in a statement.

Brown said the returned funds will now be used for deferred military construction projects.

“DOD has begun taking all necessary actions to cancel border barrier projects and to coordinate with interagency partners. Today’s action reflects this Administration’s continued commitment to defending our nation and supporting our service members and their families,” he said.

Nice touchy feely BS I am surprised they did not include climate change objectives !

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Man I love living in a country entirely surrounded by ocean, with no other nations directly on our borders.

The easiest solution though would be a world where borders didn't exist.

You know the kind of world where everyone truly is equal, and everyone acknowledges we all live on the same planet in a shared eco-system and everyone strived to be tolerant of others. Where the only people, people cared about stopping from doing anything were criminals that do harm others. Where everyone had the same pay rates, living costs and the same currency etc.

Yeah I know. I dream of the impossible. Most humans seem only capable of an 'Us Vs. Them' mentality and to not want the world as it currently is is to support the NWO.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
Man I love living in a country entirely surrounded by ocean, with no other nations directly on our borders.

You know the kind of world where everyone truly is equal, and everyone acknowledges we all live on the same planet in a shared eco-system and everyone strived to be tolerant of others. Where the only people, people cared about stopping from doing anything were criminals that do harm others. Where everyone had the same pay rates, living costs and the same currency etc.

Yeah I know. I dream of the impossible. Most humans seem only capable of an 'Us Vs. Them' mentality and to not want the world as it currently is is to support the NWO.

we could test out your theory by sending all these folks to Australia on a nice boat. You have a couch right?

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Here's a fun fact about Australia. When I got out of the military I was thinking about moving there. I was told I needed to have a college)university degree, or be highly skilled with good work history, have no criminal history, and some other crap.

But then they found out that I was in the US Navy, and they told me that if I wanted to move to Australia, I'd have to join the Australian Navy and become an Australian citizen. No thanks.

I'll keep what US rights I have.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo

we could test out your theory by sending all these folks to Australia on a nice boat. You have a couch right?

Good work. You took what I said and completely changed it into something else.
Well done.
Big brain you have there clearly. lol

Congrats to those who starred him for his complete and utter fail.

Monkey see, monkey do. Together Monkey strong!

"As a Minstral employee once told me. you're only as good as your fans." ~This Is Serious Mum

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
Here's a fun fact about Australia. When I got out of the military I was thinking about moving there. I was told I needed to have a college)university degree, or be highly skilled with good work history, have no criminal history, and some other crap.

But then they found out that I was in the US Navy, and they told me that if I wanted to move to Australia, I'd have to join the Australian Navy and become an Australian citizen. No thanks.

I'll keep what US rights I have.

Cool story brah.
I'm absolutely okay with fewer people in the country, and having only those who you know, truly want to be here. Clearly you did not want to be part of our society.
I really appreciate and respect the decision you made. I'm downright relieved to hear it actually.

I don't care where you're from, what your nationality or race or religion etc is. Far as I am concerned you're welcome here, to join our people and assimilate to our community. but as we like to say "fit in or eff off".

Which just means don't come here and try to make us into the country you were trying to escape because it was clearly so bad you thought about or did leave it. If you want live the American way, stay in America, you want live like you're in China, stay in China.
But you want to live like an Aussie then come to Australia. But remember "YOU' chose it while you're at it.

It's funny though, 2021, the reach of the internet and the world still has a tonne of backwards incorrect notions about our way of life here. I actually like that, now excuse me, I gotta go feed my pet drop bear.
Gotta keep em fed up on raw beef steaks otherwise you end up with a kid or two going missing from the household.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

not sure if you realized it or not, but starting with being happy you have a giant moat filled with sharks with fricken lazer beams surrounding you, then telling the rest of the planet they need open borderers sounded a tad bit hypocritical to me. I'm sure I'm wrong, but for the LOLZ, tell me why.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
sounded so damn good I almost said it twice.
edit on 3-5-2021 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Might be a large moat but we still have illegal entry on a daily basis same as anywhere, and that moat is a border. It is still an invisible man made line.

Doesn't make it right. And doesn't mean I do not think it's stupid and should end some time in the future when mankind is ready for it. Clearly most aren't, and removing borders doesn't mean removing protecting people. Doesn't mean not having a policing system in place because criminals will exist in every part of the world regardless.

And that is the real issue here if we admit it? It's not that Americans don't want Mexicans in the U.S, they don't want criminals in the U.S, it's not they don't want Muslims there, it is they do not want criminals there.
It's pretty much the same in almost any country. No body wants what their locals consider 'undesirables'.

Every group of humans, every type of society has it's murderers, rapists, drug dealers, people traffickers, etc.
And that is with borders already.

It's there whether the line is or not.

That's the real problem that needs to be dealt with yes? dealing with and shutting down the criminals that make us punish the many for the actions of the few.
And we need governments that are willing to do deal with that. e.g no longer tolerating criminal cartels and doing what is need to eliminate them.

Is there an easy solution? Not technically, but we've been doing it the same way for so long and we've gotten no where. It's high time to try something new based on where we are at now as a technological supposedly intelligent species.

Or do we keep doing the same insane stuff over and over and over again and hope it will magically change?

Thing is we'll never know unless we try. But to state the bleeding obvious when nothing changes nothing changes.

Heck I think we're seeing the start of something like it now. Social Credit, Covid Passports, Big brotheresque CCTV installations, forcing of civilisations to merge (open borders and the like), Covid itself and lockdowns, masking. Talking of great resets, countries buying each other out thanks to the wonders of capitalism.

Basically there's a very clear move to 'globalising' mankind.

It is coming. Whether we like it or not and it might not be a bad idea to try and once and for all truly unite the planet.
The problem is how it is executed and who is running it. The every day tax paying people really need to get a hold of the wheel and steer it in the right direction.
Make them make it work to better the lives of everyone world wide instead of letting them use it to just make us behave and obey them.

No doubt though hurdle that'll stop it is people are too hard wired to change their thinking in a way that is required for us every day folks to band together and take control. e.g make the governments work for us for the benefit of all of humanity.
People too ingrained with concepts like 'patriotism' and 'national pride' and team colours.
People who think the geological formation they live on is its own planet, disconnected from the rest of the world.

Plus people just generally like to keep their head down and not rock the boat.

Seems so simple but humans always gotta over complicate and make a mess of it. *sigh*
edit on 3-5-2021 by AtomicKangaroo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Just another reason I like quite a few of Trump's policies. He knew there was problems at the border. He did his best to set up control measures to limit the flow, and it worked. he then told Washington THEY needed to fix the immigration laws. I just can't understand why that was a bad thing.

Everyone agrees legal immigration is not just good, it's what built our nation and many others. Illegal immigration is a problem and should be stopped. (which is why we have laws in place for just that) We need some better laws to make coming here not so cumbersome, but we also don't need folks looking for handouts, we need productive people.

I was just having a go at you since you mentioned the border thing and your island. But as someone said, you don't have just anyone coming into your country, they have some obligations to meet first.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Yeah, maybe because I enjoy Australia, and thought it would be nice to live there for a while, but not if it meant having to re-enlist into the military. I think you might have missed the part where I said after they found out I was in the military they weren't giving me any other option besides joining their military.

But that's kind of odd talk coming from someone who just said

and then went on to say

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If conditions are so bad, why aren't border patrol and ICE agents quitting in large numbers, like we're seeing in many police departments, due to being abused by authorities?

In this economy? Quit a living that supports all they have when
they know nothing better? They likely have to try and hold on.
The agents are in a horrible position because their job is growing
more dangerous than they signed on for. Exponentially! Trumps
policies worked all the way around. If we learned anything from
his admins, it was how simple it is to do the right thing when
corruption is put aside. But he jumped ship and it seems he was
just some sort of spacer. And now what are all those people crossing
even coming to? It won't be their dreams that's for sure. Unless they
dream of doom.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
The Cartels, Drug runners and human smugglers are having a great money making field day while there is no end to the suffering for those who are being smuggled into the country.

Only if you discount the people who paid to cross and are actually glad to have a shot of living the american dream.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
Australia has had it's fair share of immigrant controversies with their "detention camps", Port Hedland, think Guantanamo for immigrants, they even had detention camps on a few Pacific islands, Palau, Christmas Island etc. So they aint saints either.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It is a train wreck and we all knew it was going to be once Biden was elected, now with his 10 trillion dollar spending spree he is going to throw a few billion at some of the most corrupt central american countries and claim mission accomplished.

Trump policies weren't a cure all but they certainly were helping unlike the clown show that got elected.

I also find it funny when people say open borders, we already have some of the most lenient immigration laws in the world, and yet most of the west insist we are monsters for wishing some sort of control over the border.

Almost like they want to dump their undesirables here the way Castro did in the 1980's...

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   
We just had a visit from friends who live literally on the border.

They said that people are walking up to people's houses and ASKING them to call border patrol to come get them. They know they will get 3 hots and a cot and a ticket to a city somewhere in the US.

They said their neighbors are getting hounded even in the middle of the night by people knocking and "turning themselves in".

They have a big dog which detours the walkers from coming to their door.

However, they said there is a huge problem with drug runners bringing truck loads of drugs across the border where they live and driving right on past the former checkpoints. The checkpoints near where they live have been closed because the border agents are needed to care for the tens of thousands of unaccompanied minors, changing diapers, feeding little kids, while cartels and truck loads of drugs are driving right into the country unchecked.

This is exactly what Biden supporters voted for and what they wanted for our nation. Over 20,000+ abandoned kids that the US must now care for and some of the most dangerous drug cartels in the entire world, left to run roughshod over the nation. The kids were abandoned because Biden promised to take in any and all kids thrown over the border wall into the nation. That is what everyone who voted for Biden voted for, so we have to suck it up.

edit on 5/3/21 by The2Billies because: addition

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join