It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a national poll to find out what Black people need in order to vote

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: network dude
I could have just taken the word of the left and went on about my racist ways.

That's always the best option. NEVER ask the subject of the claim, just take a politician's word for it. Stop being so naive, ND!

Who loves ya, baby?

it took you coming back for me to realize how much I missed you.

WLYB?

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Story of my life. I'm the poster boy for being taken for granted...or taking things for granted...or taking being taken for granted for granted.

Probably that one.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
They could just extend the voting to two days in this country instead of one for major elections. It is hard for a lot of people to get to vote. I have no problem with people getting ballots mailed to them if they go in and show ID and apply for it ahead of time...everyone should have ID to vote, but that could be done when signing up for abscentee ballots....that will make sure that there is less fraud in voting, the mail in voting has way too much potential for fraud.

Also, they could put those drop off boxes so people everywhere could get them. Of course, cameras should be mounted to show how many people dropped off ballots to make sure that multiple ballots are not dropped off by one person...two ballots, no problem, even maybe three. But if the same face pops up dropping off ballots five times a day...something is wrong. No masks allowed.

I'm still trying to figure out how the heck our centuries-past predecessors voted on a single day when they didn't have access to cars or mass transit. It was horses and walking to polling locations... and no one had automatically updating calendars... madness!
edit on 4-5-2021 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 01:56 AM
link   
imagine being the child or granchild of a slave who had their native language beaten out of them and was litterally beaten if caught trying to learn . now imagine the knowledge being passed down through the generations of slaves . it is clearly going to be inadequate as learning was forbidden.

while a white child will likely learn a family business money management etc . it is highly likely the children an grandchildren of slave were learning how to stay alive and definitely learning how to not p off their x masters who were burning crosses and publicly hanging them . the schooling system where "black" people were couldn't learn alongside white people and got a demonstrably lower standard of education.

put anybody through systematic abuse like that a majority of them will stay in the ghetto not have the i d to vote and maybe even lead alternative lifestyles .

given the same start in life my people would do a lot better and have normal things like id . on top of that when we better ourselves people get scared and try break us down . research black wallstreet . my people are not stupid or inadequate . we've been robbed of the basics required for a normal life

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Two big items that will motivate Black people to EAGERLY vote.

1.) Joe Biden cancelled Operation LeGend. This program saved hundreds of BLACK lives between July 2020 and January 2021, when his administration cancelled the intiative.

Info: en.wikipedia.org...

2.) Joe Biden's CDC is using BLACK children in Covid-19 vaccine experiments.

Short Clip: twitter.com...

These 2 biggies, along with numerous lesser issues, will have Black citizens wanting Joe Biden out of the White House ASAP, if they are informed of them. (It won't be the MSM or LeBron James telling them. That's for sure.)

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: madesicc
imagine being the child or granchild of a slave who had their native language beaten out of them and was litterally beaten if caught trying to learn . now imagine the knowledge being passed down through the generations of slaves . it is clearly going to be inadequate as learning was forbidden.

while a white child will likely learn a family business money management etc . it is highly likely the children an grandchildren of slave were learning how to stay alive and definitely learning how to not p off their x masters who were burning crosses and publicly hanging them . the schooling system where "black" people were couldn't learn alongside white people and got a demonstrably lower standard of education.

put anybody through systematic abuse like that a majority of them will stay in the ghetto not have the i d to vote and maybe even lead alternative lifestyles .

given the same start in life my people would do a lot better and have normal things like id . on top of that when we better ourselves people get scared and try break us down . research black wallstreet . my people are not stupid or inadequate . we've been robbed of the basics required for a normal life

If your argument is that Black people had it bad in the past, and still have it rougher than white people in general, I can't disagree at all. But as a nation, we are/were moving towards racism being taboo. it seems the left is fighting pretty hard to keep it front and center, but overall, it's not considered correct to be a bigot.

Opportunities exist and there are more programs to help minorities than there are programs to help white people. And knowing that lazy white people exist, only a driven individual can make it work in this environment. (small business) You have to want it, and you have to put in the time and effort.

But I'm not able to buy any reason why a person who wants to vote, and knows that the state they are in requires and ID to vote, and they cannot figure out a way to get an ID between now and the next election. That's beyond lazy, that's willfully trying to not get it done. Do you believe that anyone in the black community honestly isn't capable of getting a free id?

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Why don't liberals start a volunteer program to drive black people to the DMV and pay their fees for a photo ID? Or they could pay for an Uber or Lyft ride to and from the DMV and contribute to a nonprofit fund to pay fees for photo IDs. In Texas, if you're under 18 and getting your first driver license, there's a $16 fee. If you're renewing a license it's $33.

I would guess roughly 30 million out of 40 million black Americans are voting age. Someone posted that up to 25 percent of adult blacks don't have a current ID, but just to be on the safe side, let's say 10 million blacks need IDs and can't get to the DMV or pay the fees for whatever reason. Surely we can find a milion morally superior, caring white liberals to chauffeur one black person per month to a DMV and pay their fees.

I woudn't even mind the feds paying to do this for any citizen over 17 in return for a law requiring a valid photo ID to vote.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

wow, universal voter ID and a program to make sure everyone who wants to vote can get an ID, they just have to ask. I bet that would be raycist.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 10:01 PM
link   

White liberals could also volunteer to take black voters to the polls during early voting and on election day. It would cost Soros and liberal tech billionaires like Bezos, Gates, Zuckerberg, Dorsey, Page and Brin a tiny fraction of their fortunes to pay for every black citizen to get a photo ID and a ride to a polling location.

edit on 5-5-2021 by Scapegrace because: typo

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join