It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncle Tim? I suppose this is OK since he's not on the left.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I gave Obama a fair chance; I actually voted for him in 2008. That was primarily a vote against McCain, but I thought he had enough of a chance to be a decent President to be worth a try in the absence of better.

Boy, oh boy, was I wrong! Instead of getting us out of a developing recession, he drove us deeper. Then when I lost my job due to the recession he was helping, which of course included losing my insurance, he came up with a plan to make me pay for everyone else's insurance! I had to beg the IRS to not penalize me every year because I was living in poverty.

And yes, he was very good at creating tension between the races. He excelled in that area. Two short years after voting for him, I was called "racist" because I disagreed with his failing policies. To be honest, if another black man, even a conservative, runs for President, my first concern will be: will I be called a racist for voting him in this time?

That's a racist attitude and I hate it.... hate it, hate it, HATE IT! That's not me. But then again, what does someone expect when they slap someone for helping them? Applause?

Damn, just talking about that fool is raising my blood pressure...

TheRedneck

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

There's a very real reason why athletic competitions start with the National Anthem and everyone salutes the flag. It is supposed to be a unifying experience for everyone - fan and athlete alike - to remind us that we are all still one team despite the "hostilities" about to take place.

Of course, the left has had to ruin that too by profaning the concept.
edit on 6-5-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: shooterbrody

It's not working??

I dare say you can find examples of quite the opposite right here on ATS.

Oh, it's working a treat.

It always has. No, not everyone falls for it...but far, far too many do--though many will deny it.

Imo it is only "working" on the extremes of both parties. It is not working on most everday Americans. I had a school meeting tonight for a new athletic director and new coaches. People of varied backgrounds and cultures attended. Lots of information was covered and questions asked and answered. Guess what DID NOT come up once; race.

The exagerations of the magic picture box, and political extremists here are not representative of typical Americans.
Tho ymmv.

new topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join