It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is election interference wrong?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This is a fairly simple question. With no caveat, and no implied agenda, can you answer this question honestly? It's a yes or no kind of question, and only requires a yes or no answer. Once you split hairs to make some kind of in between answer work, you remove real credibility to your answer.

You can equate this to Murder. Either Murder is wrong, or it's not. Killing someone in our society is considered wrong. Yes we go to war, and we kill the enemy. Society offers a pass on that aspect, but in reality, when broken down into it's simplest form, killing is wrong unilaterally.

Is there ever an instance where election fraud/interference/manipulation is OK? And I classify all of those as the same. In a free and fair election, we would have people who are running for office, they would state their positions on a range of topics, the public would be able to discern what they liked and disliked about each of them, and eventually, vote for which one was the least distasteful. (I have no illusions anyone is truly the better choice, those people don't run for office of any kind)

So what is the answer ATS? Is it OK to manipulate/interfere/cheat, or is it just wrong?

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

yes, election interference wrong.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Uh, howlie, wrong, unless U.S. Marines are there to ensure things get done the American way.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

From the Halls of Montezuma
To the shores of Tripoli;
We fight our country's battles
In the air, on land, and sea;
First to fight for right and freedom
And to keep our honor clean;

We are proud to claim the title
Of United States Marine.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I doubt anyone is going to say it's okay to interfere in an election, even if they think it is for some greater good. Then again, this is ATS, so disregard that statement. No, it's not ok, all things being equal.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   

now to split hairs.

in the case of a repressive regime it would be okay only if the opposition asked for help. then only if it could be shown that they weren't corrupt as the one they want to replace.

that there is the hard part, i haven't seen or heard of any government that is free of corruption in some form or other nor free of corrupt politicians.

edit on 18-4-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Well, I ask this, as I ponder the way Big Tech has involved itself with our political process. In the 2020 election, we had a real story, real news involving a potential pay to play scandal that almost had to lead to the "big guy" running against the current president. The news of such a scandal on it's face, if reported would have almost certainly changed the election results. (if they were truly organic) It was and is suppressed, the content of the incident has been largely scrubbed, ignored, and even laughed away as "Russian disinformation". But facts show unequivocally that this story has it's roots in fact, and should be investigated and reported on, due to the implications of a or many foreign entities having undue influence in our government at it's highest levels.

If it's not OK to influence, interfere in elections, and we are willing to risk war with Russia over their involvement, which even when fully exposed is miniscule compared to this outright blatant example, why do those who covered up and continue to cover up this story get a pass? If justice is real, there should be investigations, charges and punishments levied against quite a few high profile individuals. The proof of their actions is concrete and real.

Or do we just not care anymore, and we should submit to authority in any form?

I

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Something for you. Uncle Sam's Misguided Children in action.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   

A Sensei once asked me if he was to strike me who’s fault would it be? I answered “It would be your fault” and he said “Correct, but if I then strike you again who’s fault is it?”
I then answered “It would still be your fault.” He smiled and said “No, it would be your fault, you knew what I was capable of, so the next time you should have been ready.”

With that I’m asking, as a country, what have we done to keep it from reoccurring?
edit on 18-4-2021 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

apparently, offered the same answer you did before the lesson was applied.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
With that I’m asking, as a country, what have we done to keep it from reoccurring?

There's a TV pillow huckster on the case. The Republic is safe.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

There's a TV pillow huckster on the case. The Republic is safe.

I know what your feelings on Mike Lindel are, but I have to admire him for doing something, instead of nothing. Even if you don't like him, or his message, he stepped up, and tried to do something to right what he considered an injustice. Just think if more people would have the intestinal fortitude to at least try.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   

What he's doing is the same as if I stepped up to locate the Tooth Fairy.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I believe election interference always existed. Not only here. Check the Roman Empire for example. It's not only wrong, it's part of the deal. It won't stop, ever.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
This is a fairly simple question. Is there ever an instance where election fraud/interference/manipulation is OK?

Yes. To stop illegal actions.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Don’t even waste your time, allow me.

Tooth Fairy - A lie we tell children.

Biden the most popular President ever - A lie we tell adults.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Biden the most popular President ever - A lie we tell adults.

That's kind of what happens when enough people tire of the Trump train wreck. I called this back in April/May of last year, does that mean I was in on the election fraud?

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What he's doing is the same as if I stepped up to locate the Tooth Fairy.

and how far have you gotten on that front? Spill it or I will kick you in the nuts........in the nuuuuuutzzzzz.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
and how far have you gotten on that front? Spill it or I will kick you in the nuts........in the nuuuuuutzzzzz.

I'm pretty sure the Tooth Fairy is chillaxin with Bigfoot somewhere. I just know it.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I think the answer to your question lies with the republicans in office before and after said election.

We already had a corporate media controlled by the left, and now we have the executive, legislative, and it seems the judicial also controlled by the left, which of course means the narrative to the American people is controlled.

The republicans should be meeting this controlled narrative head on and in full force, but they aren't. A handful of republicans have made challenging statements, but have taken little action to defend the constitution and get the truth to the American public, let alone push for investigation into Hunter or "the big guy".

It's up to the states and the individual now to seek out the truth and act accordingly. Our republican representatives in DC have become mostly useless to the country, and some of them nothing but RINO's. I should also add that a few democrats have also spoken out, but the price they pay is high when they do.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join