It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanford Study- China Virus 1000X Smaller Than Mask Holes

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   
"China" virus? FFS call it what it is, Covid 19. The Stanford study was a load of crap, debunked

As Benjamin Neuman, a biology professor at Texas A&M University and chief virologist of that university’s Global Health Research Complex, said about this study, “it’s a list of generally discredited hypotheses that have been tested and disproved. … it isn’t science.”

It also isn’t a “Stanford/NIH study.”

www.snopes.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The 1939 Group Think the USA is going through right now is not just the fault of the Left.

FoxNews and the Right have perpetuated this stage as well. And everyone that buys the constant drama.

Unplug from Reddit/4chan/twitter/facebook/media. And just take facts at face value. Don't bring up politics at work, or anywhere. (IT USED TO BE SACRILEDGE TO DO SO)

We are all Americans first! I'm a Right leaning person. I hate abortion, government funding of those that refuse to work and pump out babies, etc. But I am no angel, and realized that the internet and the media WANTS us to judge each other.

IMO, this has caused group think on a level that deteriorates our constitutional rights.

There may be some really smart people orchestrating this. But I think you have to have very little life experience to believe that. It's just selfish greedy people piling on top of each other in the media, internet, politics, and all of the internet sites.

The true enemy is not the Left or the Right. The true enemy are those that seek to divide us on both sides.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Sad to see the collective intelligence of ATS is well under 100 now days....20 years ago there were actual intelligent conversation and discussions to be had. Now days it has become a far right echo chamber.

All viruses are extremely small, not just COVID. The point of wearing masks is to stop water droplets that come out of one's nose and mouth that act as a vector to virus transmission.

There is no doubt masks that cover one's nose and mouth help stop the spread...this should not even be up for debate.....

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Fair point.

But the virus is still going to spread regardless. And it is not as dangerous and it has been posed by the media.

So you didn't tackle that. People really aren't angry about wearing a mask. They are angry they are being made to wear a mask, taking away our liberty, false alarms, and all for little to zero gain. Just window dressing.

So while the mask may slow the spread, it is still against our liberties. If you are so intelligent, as you obviously pose yourself to be in your post, then why didn't you tackle the real reasons people are pissed?

Not so smart is the answer. Humble pie?

Edit: But I agree, there is too many R wing unintelligible arguments. It has exploded and gotten unbearable since the election. (Maybe I didn't notice it before)
edit on 29-4-2021 by FingerMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
Besides masking women in some Eastern countries women's feet were bound so they could not flee the overlords!

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: FingerMan

But the virus is still going to spread regardless.

And people are still going to be killed in motor cycle accidents, so why should they wear helmets?

And it is not as dangerous and it has been posed by the media.

That depends what media you read. The global impact and death rate was vastly underestimated in the news I read at the start of the pandemic.

People really aren't angry about wearing a mask. They are angry they are being made to wear a mask, taking away our liberty, false alarms, and all for little to zero gain. Just window dressing.

It's nothing to do with false alarms or window dressing. The gain is not zero, as numerous studies have shown. If I'm infectious and you and I wear a mask and we are briefly close to each other, the virus is less likely to pass from me to you. Masks help reduce the spread and thereby prevent debilitating illness and death.

So while the mask may slow the spread, it is still against our liberties. If you are so intelligent, as you obviously pose yourself to be in your post, then why didn't you tackle the real reasons people are pissed?

I've yet to meet anyone in the real world saying it's unreasonable to wear a mask. Is this just an ATS or American thing or something exaggerated by the Media? Click bait controversy sells news.

The 'against our liberties' argument is daft in the context. There are many such liberties we gladly forgo for our own sake and for the greater good. Being legally coerced to wear a safety belt, not drink alcohol when driving, and to stop just because the traffic light turned red - do you consider these unwarranted infringements of your liberty? Are you also protesting you right to be naked in public? I'll fully support you on this, because you were born naked, and nakedness hurts nobody (as long as you wear a mask).

edit on 29-4-2021 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvilAxis

But the virus is still going to spread regardless.

And people are still going to be killed in motor cycle accidents, so why should they wear helmets?

And it is not as dangerous and it has been posed by the media.

That depends what media you read. The global impact and death rate was vastly underestimated in the news I read at the start of the pandemic.

People really aren't angry about wearing a mask. They are angry they are being made to wear a mask, taking away our liberty, false alarms, and all for little to zero gain. Just window dressing.

It's nothing to do with false alarms or window dressing. The gain is not zero, as numerous studies have shown. If I'm infectious and you and I wear a mask and we are briefly close to each other, the virus is less likely to pass from me to you. Masks help reduce the spread and thereby prevent debilitating illness and death.

I've yet to meet anyone in the real world saying it's unreasonable to wear a mask. Is this just an ATS or American thing or something exaggerated by the Media? Click bait controversy sells news.

The 'against our liberties' argument is daft in the context. There are many such liberties we gladly forgo for our own sake and for the greater good. Being legally coerced to wear a safety belt, not drink alcohol when driving, and to stop just because the traffic light turned red - do you consider these unwarranted infringements of your liberty? Are you also protesting you right to be naked in public? I'll fully support you on this, because you were born naked, and nakedness hurts nobody (as long as you wear a mask).

You have yet to meet anyone in the real world saying it's unreasonable to wear a mask????

What rock are you living under. NO SERIOUSLY!

I guess you are 70 years old living in a nursing home. Literally, and I do mean literally, every single person I meet complains about wearing the stupid mask. And for the reasons I outlined.

We can pull BS studies that make an argument in our direction all day. Literally, I can do that all day.
There is no point. The media and scientific community have been marginalized by their oath the the group think reich.

I don't mind wearing a mask - because it is considered polite to those whom are scared. I do mind wearing a mask because the government told me to.

Just from how you worded your reply, I get the impression you have never left your state let alone your country. Liberties are more important than catching a cold.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I was on ATS back in the day. I'm not quite sure I would say it was more intelligent back then. Sure they're were some cool people that came and went who were knowledgeable, but the crazies have always been here. Though to be honest I haven't seen any schizo type OPs in a while.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Just from how you worded your reply, I get the impression you have never left your state let alone your country. Liberties are more important than catching a cold.

I live in the UK - maybe that accounts for the less hysterical attitude towards wearing masks? Much as I enjoy travelling, I've not left the country during the pandemic. Have you?

You didn't say whether you feel exercised about not drink driving, wearing a seat belt, stopping for traffic signals and covering your genitals in public. Aren't these equal infringements of your liberties?

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: EvilAxis

Your analogies are weak and not comparative.

What about wearing a mask for those who have asthma COPD or are claustrophobic?

You have made up your mind. I won't try and convince you. But you are also in the UK where freedom is not a thing like the US of A. So I don't think you can understand how important we hold our freedom and liberties. You are good with the obviously competent government of the UK telling you how to live your life. Americans are not!

The ones you hear saying that they are, those are the tyrannical, AND LOUD, minority.

I'm all for an amendment to our constitution to ban the tyranny of the minority over the majority.
You just gonna end up with another Trump if you keep at your illogical shenanigans.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Your analogies are weak and not comparative.

Why? They're rules which I assume you yield to without protest because you accept (some of them at least) are for your good or the good of others.

I have to assume you accept them, as you seem unwilling to say. Perhaps you're an anarchist who believes there should be no laws?

What about wearing a mask for those who have asthma COPD or are claustrophobic?

In the UK, if you have a genuine medical reason, you're not required to wear a mask, nor are you required to carry proof of this. Claustrophobia would be covered by the exemption for those with, "Mental health conditions such as anxiety or panic disorders".

You have made up your mind. I won't try and convince you.

Convince me of what? That the so-called 'Stanford study' was published by Stanford University? No you won't, because both you and I know it wasn't. That the author didn’t lie about where he worked? No you won't, for the same reason.

But you are also in the UK where freedom is not a thing like the US of A. So I don't think you can understand how important we hold our freedom and liberties. You are good with the obviously competent government of the UK telling you how to live your life. Americans are not!

You're making sweeping and erroneous assumptions about what I believe. Whether citizens of the UK or US enjoy greater freedom is a tricky equation, because there are legal, constitutional, political, economic and cultural dimensions, but I recognise that your constitution protects freedom of speech better than ours. You perhaps underestimate how much Brits, myself included, do care about protecting our liberties. Thousands gathered in London today to 'Kill the Bill' (our incompetent government's malevolent attack on protest rights), and 40 more rallies are planned in other parts of the UK over the weekend. But you won't find me marching against the minor inconvenience of wearing a mask, because it's a sensible, though somewhat limited, way to prevent illness and death.

edit on 1-5-2021 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   

It may be. And it may not be.
Regardless. It is you telling someone else what to do.

You are a mask nazi dude.
I was just at Ikea with the wife. There are people walking thru with no mask on in protest. I pull mine under my nose so I can breathe. Then one of the employees asked me to pull it over my nose. I told him I have asthma and COPD. He then asked for proof. And then I let him have it. He probably thought I was about to kick his azz. Couple of people next to me asked why he singled me out. Probably coz I'm white, 6'3" and 260lbs. Its the times we live in. He was probably afraid to confront those refusing to wear the mask. He too is a mask nazi. He gets some kind of sick thrill to bother people because he now has the right to bother people for menial BS. The crazies have really come out of the wood work.

Everything we are aloud to do conflicts with the mask mandate.
My son is a wrestler. He is not aloud to shake hands with his opponent. But he can then wrestle the opponent?
You people are pure idiots. Just stay in your home, hide in a hole, dig an early grave. The world will go on without your fear. When Covid 2.0 shows back up, you just watch. Ain't NOBODY gonna let fearmongers like you, or the gov't do this trash again.

By your logic, everyone should be required to bathe, wear gloves, and not fart in public. Why are there public bathrooms? Get rid of those! You should have to sanitize everything you touch.

Oh what you say? That is unreasonable? No offense, but then I say you are a dumb ****r coz you have zero integrity, consistency, or common sense.

This is proof the vocal minority exercises tyranny on the majority.

And go look at Florida and Texas. That is all the proof you would ever need. Take your BS lying one sided obviously biased studies and shove them! You are not better than anyone else, and you are wrong.

Glad you are over there and not here Matey!
edit on 1-5-2021 by FingerMan because: Tom Green

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   

It may be. And it may not be.

Whether you like it or not, both common sense and scientific consensus say it is.

Regardless. It is you telling someone else what to do.

You are a mask nazi dude.

I've not told you or anyone else what to do, still less forced you. Calling someone who doesn't share your opinion a nazi shows a poor grasp of political history. l pointed out that the 'Stanford study' is not a Stanford study and the author has discredited himself.

I also said why I think rules about wearing masks are reasonable, proportionate, and in the public good, especially measured against many other rules you apparently take for granted. You've not countered to this.

You people are pure idiots... No offense, but then I say you are a dumb ****r coz you have zero integrity, consistency, or common sense.

No offense taken. Name-calling is understandable when you can't defend a position to which you're emotionally wedded.

edit on 4-5-2021 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   

This ain't CNN where you can quote someone out of context.
You clearly cannot argue well, and at some point will realize you are on the wrong side of the argument and history.
With a low IQ, that may take a while. Maybe when the masses start to say "Whoa! That was a mistake!" or when Covid 2.0 hits and they try the draconian 1939 Germany trash again - this time the riots will have a different makeup. Then I will point out your hypocrisy as you conform to public opinion and group think. (Aka, not an original thought or post in your history.) EVEN THEN, you won't get it.

Cheers matey!

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   

This ain't CNN where you can quote someone out of context.
You clearly cannot argue well, and at some point will realize you are on the wrong side of the argument and history.
With a low IQ, that may take a while. Maybe when the masses start to say "Whoa! That was a mistake!" or when Covid 2.0 hits and they try the draconian 1939 Germany trash again - this time the riots will have a different makeup. Then I will point out your hypocrisy as you conform to public opinion and group think. (Aka, not an original thought or post in your history.) EVEN THEN, you won't get it.

Cheers matey!

So you agree it wasn't a Stanford study and the author lied about his credentials.

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
With the paper being retracted and the credentials of the writer being misrepresented shouldn't a mod move this to the hoax bin?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join