It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“White nationalist, white supremacist...how did that language become offensive?”

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Recently re-elected Representative Steve King (R-IA), made this comment in an interview the other day. The comment has received widespread condemnation from both the left and right, with Senator Joni Ernst (R-IA) tweeting today:

I condemn Rep. Steve King’s comments on white supremacy; they are offensive and racist - and not representative of our state of Iowa. We are a great nation and this divisiveness is hurting everyone. We cannot continue down this path if we want to continue to be a great nation.

The deeply disturbing comment by Rep. Steve King shows just how fearless white supremacists have become.

Link via The Hill
edit on 12-1-2019 by links234 because: added source

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
What did King say? Links?

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
What did King say? Links?

Check the link provided.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

When did white supremacist become offensive??? Sometime around the random lynchings of non-white people.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I don’t think white people looking out for their own best interest is a bad thing and in fact it is just a mirror of what every other identity group on the planet already does. Just because you are racist against white people doesn’t mean they don’t have a right to self preservation just like any other minority group (yes, whites are a global minority).

I wouldn’t join them, but I don’t like human interaction in general and especially organized groups. I am already happy and don’t need something to be angry about.
edit on 2019/1/12 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I don’t think white people looking out for their own best interest is a bad thing and in fact it is just a mirror of what every other identity group on the planet already does. Just because you are racist against white people doesn’t mean they don’t have a right to self preservation just like any other minority group (yes, whites are a global minority).

I wouldn’t join them, but I don’t like human interaction in general and especially organized groups. I am already happy and don’t need something to be angry about.

Yes, that is correct. Nothing wrong with protecting a minority in the face of oppression by a dominant group.

In the US, white European folks have had it pretty good for a long time, dominating first the natives, then the Africans they enslaved. Oh, and the ladies. Let's not forget the ladies.

Things have been going poorly for white European hegemony though over the last few decades though, with typically oppressed groups in the US demanding equal rights and treatment. Equal to white people of European descent!

This has plenty of folks in an uproar (some would, and are saying, that this is understandable), from what I have seen in the last 56 years of my life. Mostly folks who felt that white hegemony was all they had to make themselves feel better than at least some of the people they shared the country with.

Change is hard. Get used to it. By 2045 it has been projected that whites of European descent will no longer be in the majority in the US, and that the population growth from now until then will mostly come from immigrants or the children of immigrants. Maybe your "white identity group" will gain some traction at that time.

Good luck with your white self preservation group!
edit on 12-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: Add paragraphs for readablity

edit on 12-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Didn't we just do this topic here: Did Iowa Rep. Steve King Lament the Loss of White Nationalism?

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Race, gender, color, etc, etc. supremacy over any other person or group is just a disaster and bad news for the future or a stable dual relationship between two people all the way up to a nations population.

In the HR world there's guidelines and education around dealing with individuals or even little 'clicks' of people who form their own beliefs that a company would 'fall apart' or be nothing without them, or certain people. This can be from the top of the food chain to the bottom, whether it's the owner or CEO who thinks their employees are worthless and they can do without them or treat them poorly, or, the other way around, the hired wage workers think the CEO or owner can't do without them. This is called a superiority complex, and it always leads to a toxic environment.

Now lets put that in perspective of an entire nation or millions of people involved where politics and war can get involved, it was called the American Civil war, and World War 2, or pretty much 75% of all wars fought that didn't involve just simply acquiring land or fighting for freedom back from superiority complexes.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The Islamists ran & still run the slave trade in Africa not white people. White people ended the slave trade in western civilization. So many are misinformed regarding slavery. If groups like La Raza (The Race), BLM (Black Lives Matter) & The Muslim Brotherhood can exist, there's no reason why a white nationalist group shouldn't be allowed to exist. Imo, all of these identity politic groups are equally bad for the human race. We need to unite with each other & not be divided to regress back into primative tribes.
edit on 12-1-2019 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

there's no reason why a white nationalist group shouldn't be allowed to exist

They already do exist. Go on line and type "white nationalist group" into a search engine I just did on google and got: "About 30,000,000 results (0.51 seconds)"
If you are looking to join up, you have plenty of choices.
Good luck finding a group to "White Nationalist" with!

Reply to: JBIZZ

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey

In the US, white European folks have had it pretty good for a long time, dominating first the natives, then the Africans they enslaved. Oh, and the ladies. Let's not forget the ladies.

You may want to read up on Irish and Italian immigration from 100-150 years ago to America , 2 million plus Irish had to flee here to survive the famine and war ,

A black slave was worth 5x what a Irish one was due to the conditions , Yes white people were slaves to

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

groups in the US demanding equal rights and treatment. 

This is where your diatribe fails.

What they are demanding is special treatment. Not equal treatment.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

groups in the US demanding equal rights and treatment. 

This is where your diatribe fails.

What they are demanding is special treatment. Not equal treatment.

Yeah special. Like being able to vote. Or not not being hung by goons in sheets in the dead of night.
Isn't that special?

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey

You may want to read up on Irish and Italian immigration from 100-150 years ago to America , 2 million plus Irish had to flee here to survive the famine and war ,

A black slave was worth 5x what a Irish one was due to the conditions , Yes white people were slaves to

Yeah, well they wern't real WASPY, WASPY white, at that time. Now they are pretty much part of the club. Except for some places where they still use ethnic slurs to describe them.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Don’t submit yourself to word policing and thought crimes if you’re not going to let the accused defend himself and clarify what he meant, or you’re no more than an inquisitor looking for heretics to burn.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Difference being that an Irish refugee vrs a black person was an Irishmen could vote and start fresh all because of their skin color, a person of color couldn't do anything simply because they were black.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

“White nationalist, white supremacist...how did that language become offensive?”

Just like 'conspiracy theorist' is a term invented by the CIA and MSM propaganda houses to criticize anyone who would dare question the legitimacy of their agenda - a white nationalist, just like a black nationalist or yellow nationalist is a term invented by these same creatures, this time to criticize anti-globalists or anyone who criticizes the legitimacy of their agenda.

Same dog - different leg action.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join