It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me Progressives... How is a wall immoral?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Personally I don't think a wall will stop illegals. But meh 5 billions nothing for the USA, it probably spends that much on federal bog roll.
If it makes things more difficult for illegals, then I guess its a win.

However more of the progressives talking points is its "Immoral".

Its just a dammed wall. I have one around my yard. Most of you do to. Pelosi and most congressmen have walls around their mansions.

A wall doesn't kill anyone, it doesn't torture anyone. It just sits there.
How is that immoral?

It trump was proposing shooting immigrants at the border I would fully support the argument that it immoral. But a wall? No.

I tell you what is immoral progressives......starting a string of civil wars in the middle east, arming and supplying jihadi terrorist groups and undermining governments trying to fight those groups just screw Russia and thus causing a flood of refugees.......

edit on 12-1-2019 by Unruhestifter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   
It’s not that a wall is immoral in itself but rather opponents of the wall argue that it is immoral to use it to continue the shut down, holding workers pay cheques hostage to play political games and use it to detract from other issues. I think one of the sound bites recently what that a wall isn’t immoral but I effective.
edit on 12-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

As I said 5 billion is nothing for the USA. Just give trump his 5 billion and move on to those other issues.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Unruhestifter

What is immoral is a President using public employees as a bargaining chip , working families are facing hardship because of his actions and his alone.

I find it sad that there is so little thought for the innocent families caught in this avoidable mess.

Why didn't Trump do this when he controlled both houses ?

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unruhestifter

As I said 5 billion is nothing for the USA. Just give trump his 5 billion and move on to those other issues.

If you think this is a debate about $5bn then quite honestly I don’t think your fully grasping the situation. This is much more about the politics of the wall than it is about the money.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Unruhestifter

If you think this is a debate about $5bn then quite honestly I don’t think your fully grasping the situation. This is much more about the politics of the wall than it is about the money.

Trump was elected.

One of his promises was to build a wall.

Therefore building a wall is one of his mandates.

Unless its crime against humanity or something that is unachievable then a elected leader should be allowed to follow through on his mandate. Congress should only stop things if they are truly wrong or immoral (IE a crime against humanity), unconstitutional or would cause some sort of irreparable damage to the USA. None of those is the call with a wall.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

What is immoral is a President using public employees as a bargaining chip , working families are facing hardship because of his actions and his alone.

I find it sad that there is so little thought for the innocent families caught in this avoidable mess.

Why didn't Trump do this when he controlled both houses ?

Democrats where in charge for 8 years and they did naff all. Instead they wasted their time disestablishing the middle east and arguing about bathrooms.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   

He also said Mexico was going to pay for it.

He is quite literally holding government employees pay hostage so he can break a campaign promise to build something that is totally unnecessary just to appease his base of support.

It’s not about a $5bn wall it’s about Trump desperately trying to rally his base of support.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   
The wall is not immoral. That was just a stupid ststement that slipped out of Pelosi's mouth, presumably in a moment of temper. I believe Pelosi agreed to fund a wall in Jordan last year, 287 miles of it.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   

He also said Mexico was going to pay for it.

He is quite literally holding government employees pay hostage so he can break a campaign promise to build something that is totally unnecessary just to appease his base of support.

It’s not about a $5bn wall it’s about Trump desperately trying to rally his base of support.

And saying Mexico was going to pay for it was stupid and thus unachievable.

The wall itself is NOT unachievable nor is it a big ask. He was elected to build a wall.
Therefore he should be allowed to build it.

If Democrats didn't want the wall? Then they should of won the election.

If they really don't like it then they can try and win in 2020 and tear it down.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
The wall is not immoral. That was just a stupid ststement that slipped out of Pelosi's mouth, presumably in a moment of temper. I believe Pelosi agreed to fund a wall in Jordan last year, 287 miles of it.

Well know as far as the democrats are concerned, what happens in the middle east, stays in the middle east

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Democrats where in charge for 8 years and they did naff all.

Why didn't Trump get his funding when he controlled both houses ?

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   

It's definitely not unachievable. Turkey just completed theirs - it's nearly 1,000km. They are now adding smart security to it - surveillance and sensors. It's common sense.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

At no point did Trump control both houses.
The reason it has become such a major issue now is because there has been a massive spike in the number iof women and children trying to cross the border - they are being used because the whole 'women and children' narrative pushed by the liberal media and Democrats became so vocal last year. Illegal human traffickers see women and children as a free ticket to America now.

edit on 12/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Why then are American tax payers suffering over something he promised the Mexicans were going to pay for?

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   

It's definitely not unachievable. Turkey just completed theirs - it's nearly 1,000km. They are now adding smart security to it - surveillance and sensors. It's common sense.

Never said it was unachievable. read my post more carefully.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   

American tax payers have done pretty well actually.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I was agreeing with you

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Why then are American tax payers suffering over something he promised the Mexicans were going to pay for?

5 billion is not suffering.

5 billion is nothing in the federal budget.

To be honest trump should just declare a national emergency and take the cash from the military budget.
Just means a few less bombs to drop on the middle east.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I was agreeing with you

My mistake

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join