It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tulsi Gabbard Running For President

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Tulsi Gabbard Running

I actually think she is virtually the only the Democrat to be good for America and beat Trump.
She actually was the first to run away from Hillary in 2016 on principled ideology, she is military but more dove than hawk.

I hope she wins the primary she is the only democrat I could be ok with beating Trump in 2020.
She strikes me as the female version of Dennis Kucinich.

Democrats what say you ?

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

Tulsi Gabbard Running

I actually think she is virtually the only the Democrat to be good for America and beat Trump.
She actually was the first to run away from Hillary in 2016 on principled ideology, she is military but more dove than hawk.

I hope she wins the primary she is the only democrat I could be ok with beating Trump in 2020.
She strikes me as the female version of Dennis Kucinich.

Democrats what say you ?

I'm a Trump supporter and I like her. She sounds pretty reasonable. ....which is why the DNC and establishment and far Left of the Party will never let her win.

Her and Rand Paul would make a great combo.

edit on 11-1-2019 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I like her. I still think her religion will become an issue with conservatives, but her military record will hold a lot of sway with them.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

She does seem like the democrats best shot.

But I think that'll be her downfall.

She's not an establishment insider, so they will marginalize her.

And she's not a screaming commie, so the snowflakes will attack her.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I think she would be in way over her head and I don’t care for her policies. The good thing is if she won she would be the first female President and not Hillary.

She is also a gun grabber so I could never vote for her.
edit on 2019/1/11 by Metallicus because: Eta

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Her and Rand Paul would make a great combo.

That ticket could really win, it would be a unity ticket, Rand would have to be willing to be VP.
If you want the country to heal, that would be the ticket. All the swings states would go blue.
I like what Trump is trying to do, but he is just too hated by too many people, and people are so opposed to him at this point they are willing to hurt America and it's people, just to win against him. That should not be rewarded, but the country needs a President that can help it heal at this point, and isn't somebody of the likes of a Kamila Harris or a Joe Biden that are going to do that.

I am very pragmatic and less tribal in my stance on this issue.
That is why I urge democrats in the primaries to consider a candidate that will pull those swing voters that voted for Obama twice and then went over to Trump in 2016.

Gabbard is such a person.

There are some DNC people independent voters will never vote for, they will either stay home or vote for Trump to stop the other gal/guy.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I actually like Tulsi.

Not because I believe in everything she says but because I feel like she is a genuine person

baby steps

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

What is her religion?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Her religion will be less of a problem for conservatives than you'd think. She gets more points for piety (devotion to any religion), than a candidate loses for not being specifically Christian.

For instance Bernie being ethnically Jewish was less of a problem (cf. Barry Goldwater) than the fact that he is an atheist.

In other news, Gabbard is way hotter than any other democrat. Ahem. Alexia Ocasio-Cortez.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Hindu

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: Grimpachi

What is her religion?

Hindu.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I'll have to read up on the hindu religion. She does seem sweet and attractive

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Sure I'd listen to her platform and plans, but if she's even halfway centrist she won't survive the primaries. We learned that with Jim Webb.

If she's pro-gun control and pro-abortion on demand she won't make it far with #AnyoneButTrump rep/cons.
edit on 11-1-2019 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Her lack of support, recognition and her niceness will be her downfall.

The Rest of the Dem field won't blink an eye shoveling whatever dirt they think they can use against her.

I don't think 2020 is the year for her. She seems too pragmatic given our Polar opposite climate. Moderates on either side will get slaughtered.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Webb seemed a decent guy, that doesn't fly in the DNC.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Gabbard/Webb 2020

The pragmatic ticket for the win.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Taxes
Vets
Government size
Free speech
Gun rights

What are her issues???

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

dude, of course you come with some partisan BS

the conversation for people who aren't partisan hacks has to be how do we move the conversation forward not END ALL BE ALL ALWAYS

give me a break

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

dude, of course you come with some partisan BS

the conversation for people who aren't partisan hacks has to be how do we move the conversation forward not END ALL BE ALL ALWAYS

give me a break

Not partisan.

I vote on the issues.

Not how cute her ass is.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   

ya and people with your mentality is why we have record voter turnout and the same exact people get elect it's a joke

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join