It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Workers Guaranteed Back Pay for Shutdown

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Here we go. I said this in a few earlier threads. The people will be paid.

The Government Employee Fair Treatment Act of 2019 would ensure that government workers impacted by it and by any future shutdowns can at least get back pay. The Senate first passed the bill with a bipartisan voice vote late Thursday. The House took up the legislation the next morning before passing it 411 to 7.

Link

Of course there will still be those who complain that they are not getting paid but what we are seeing is true government in action instead of everyone patting themselves on the back and getting their pork bills funded one more year in an appropriations bill.

This is good news though and one more thing that those who are affected will need to worry about.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Yay for the legislative branch, now all he has to do is sign it, right?

Will he or will he hold paychecks hostage to get his way?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
CNN just said their cars are being repossessed.
edit on 1/11/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

they will get paid.
yes
of course
but now they are not getting paid

i know many here think it is no big deal and their fault cause they work for the gov but it is a big deal and its not their fault.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Like AOC saying people are already losing their homes. It is a tragedy but everyday one more piece of the media attack is being removed.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Who repossess a car that fast?
They have only been # down a few weeks

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I hope that covers my VA disability also.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Gee , Imagine that . Getting Paid to do Absolutely Nothing ... Only in America ................

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
these people get pampered and treat better than most of american workers so I don't care

forgive my attitude but if you are sucking money out of my paycheck to pay for you to sit home and collect a pension with amazing benefits I don't care if you take a hit for a few weeks

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

LOl neither does anyone else.

They just want to act like they care about those poor people now so they can blame Trump for something.

If they really cared they would be donating some of their money to those poor people on paid leave.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

CNN needs their broadcast license repo'd.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

That makes as much sense as the utility company killing the electricity in Wayne Manor the day Bruce Wayne's stocks were transferred in Dark Knight Rises. Today was heir first "missed" payday... creditors don't repossess until a period after a missed payment. Something doesn't add up with CNN's bogus (yet again) claims.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

No one. LOL. This is the first impacted pay check. I have friends who work for the VA who are affected. Cardio RN's and LPN's. Most are home using sick and vacation.

The point has been proven. Trump did not cave. It is up to the House to bring forth something that will work and NOT the other way around. For some reason Chuck and Nancy act like they are the same as the president and they are not. They work for him and not the other way around. There is no reason for Trump to back down any further.

These same two schmucks are the ones who did not show up for the DACA meeting. They called it was waste of time. Ashamed they should be and no matter the president I would back what they are doing and that is not caving to political demands. Quite a few people voted for border security. Same as people voted for Obamacare but that was passed and then we were told to read it later. All of those lies. Created new taxes and regulations...no one bats an eye and still want it. This is the enforcement of a law already on the books since 06.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
All Pelosi has to do is okay the 5 billion and this can all be done with.

Why does she hate the common American worker so much!

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Gee , Imagine that . Getting Paid to do Absolutely Nothing ... Only in America ................

I'm going to guess that you have never been on active military. When I was and this type of thing would happen. We had to come in and work a full day just as if we were getting paid. We were threatened with legal punishments if we didn't comply.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

And with a car repo on their credit record it will be almost impossible to get a new car loan. so getting paid months late isn't much of a help. Likewise it won't really help those pople whose homes go into foreclosure. Making people work without being paid is slavery.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

if people are getting their cars repossessed, it has nothing to do with the shut down. that would be due to not paying for their cars even before the shutdown.

and as the OP said we all knew that they would be getting back pay. since i can't recall hearing about a shutdown where they did not get paid in the end. aren't many if not most of those affected unionized? as i have mentioned before, it is a major failure of their unions that they do not have some sort of shutdown fund, rather like unions tend to have strike funds. a strike fund being in place so they can give their workers at least some money when they go on strike. and in the case of a shutdown fund they could set it up as a temporary loan to be paid back when as always happens they get paid in the end. the fact that there has been almost hysteria over these so called poor workers not getting paid. like the one person claiming they had to return their Christmas presents, and other similar complaints within a day or two of the start of the shutdown. means either they are completely clueless, or just going for fake outrage, to feed the fake news. and the same goes for the claims of things like TSA workers calling in, because they could not afford to get to work when they hadn't even missed a paycheck yet. they need to be fired (and given their job, perhaps criminal charges should also be laid against them). again just a lying publicity stunt. in an attempt to turn people against Trump (even though the whole thing is being caused by the democrats), by making life as difficult as possible for the public.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

If I need money I take it out of the bank. I don't ask the Feds for help.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Who repossess a car that fast?
They have only been # down a few weeks

CNN knew this day was coming (Govt Employees Not Paid), so they had their hype declarations all ready to go.

The repossession declaration was just one of their prepared dooms-day statements. You should have heard them discussing how Moms aren't able to cover Co-Pays for their children's doctor visits!

CNN is the one "Manufacturing a Crisis".

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Here we go. I said this in a few earlier threads. The people will be paid.

The Government Employee Fair Treatment Act of 2019 would ensure that government workers impacted by it and by any future shutdowns can at least get back pay. The Senate first passed the bill with a bipartisan voice vote late Thursday. The House took up the legislation the next morning before passing it 411 to 7.

Link

Of course there will still be those who complain that they are not getting paid but what we are seeing is true government in action instead of everyone patting themselves on the back and getting their pork bills funded one more year in an appropriations bill.

This is good news though and one more thing that those who are affected will need to worry about.

Oh cool. I'm sure those peoples utility companies, mortgage lenders, landlords, and other various debt holders will be happy to hear that.
Perhaps now they can go to get food and they can just tell the cashier the government promised to pay them once the President is done with his little temper tantrum.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join