It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You A Federal Worker Affected By This Government Shutdown?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JemimaPuddleduck
I'm an "excepted" federal worker. That means I get to still go to work every day and wait to be paid until after this nonsense is done. It is so stupid to shut down the government. Yes, some of us have to work with the expectation of being paid when the government reopens, but thousands of workers are furloughed, not working and, guess what? Congress will vote to pay them just the same so all the Trumpster has done is give thousands of workers a long Christmas holiday on MY dime and YOUR dime and lost out on thousands of dollars of work hours. No wonder he bankrupted so many companies. He's a complete brainiac. NOT. Why don't people learn from history??? Walls aren't for keeping people OUT, they are for keeping people IN that want OUT, just like the Berlin Wall did. As soon as they block us in so we can't get out. our Nazi fascist government will begin eliminating the population in earnest. Agenda 21 in action. Wake up, friends, we DO NOT want a wall that will turn us into rats in a trap. The CIA smuggles more drugs into America than the Mexicans ever will, that is just a ploy to turn people against each other. Stop falling for the lies!!

so Trump is the first one to shut down the government? I'm not sure I believe that.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Wayfarer
a reply to: infolurker

Please tell us more about how little you care if federal workers go without paychecks over Christmas and New Years (/sarcasm).

Did the government change how they have been doing business over the last decades, and now offer payments daily, instead of the 1st and the 15th?

What? I assume its bi-monthly but I do not know for certain what days their pay-period falls on.
edit on 52am18famFri, 28 Dec 2018 08:35:49 -0600America/ChicagoFri, 28 Dec 2018 08:35:49 -0600 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

170% - where did you get that number from?

I understand your sentiment, but this generalization comes up every time the federal workforce is in the news... My father is retired military, nuclear physicist, went to MIT at 16, and still works as a fed, and could make much higher pay in the private sector. Same with my sibling who is a published Marine Biologist, and same with myself, a warranted Contracting Officer. We all have graduate degrees in our career fields, and we would all make significantly higher paychecks in private sector jobs that have similar responsibilities, however the generalized trade-off is usually job security / stability, or in my case, I didn't take two lucrative private sector offers because of how passionate I am about the mission I work for. The stereotype of the lazy, overpaid fed is something I haven't seen, but that could just be a reflection of where I have worked, and it definitely does not apply to career fields in healthcare, science, and law.

All that being said, I have been furloughed in the past, but am not affected by this. My sibling may be affected, and my father is also not affected. I also think the complaining of furloughed people is ridiculous, as it just shows their lack of planning and budgeting, then blaming someone else for their own problems.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I wonder if I could hire Christine Blasey-Ford to speak on my behalf...what a voice for a sob story.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
NPR is just trying to win the hearts and minds of the federal welfare and social welfare system.

No matter how you look at it, the government has brainwashed a large swathe of the population to believe government is the answer. It's a shame really, people could actually think for themselves, but willfully remain ignorant.

Money is your master, so obey or go without.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
While the government is shut-down and workers go without pay, so-called "Empathic" Democrats are taking vacations all over the world, instead of taking care of business.

Nancy Pelosi was in Hawaii, and Congressman Bob Menendez was just spotted on a beach is sunny warm Puerto Rico.

Bob with Bikini-Girl (photo): www.thegatewaypundit.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join