It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sukhoi Su-57 Meta Thread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

First time I've seen the FOD door cutout. That's another feature not demonstrated yet (I guess until now).

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I am thinking the Russians may try to have very slow production of these aircraft, but with focus on consistent small improvements to the design and especially manufacturing: you can't build a 5th generation aircraft using 4th generation manufacturing and assembly tech - and it may be indeed be that 6th generation aircraft will require a lot more advanced manufacturing systems than even 5th generation requires.

What has to be remembered here is timelines: we're basically a decade away from advanced 6th generation aircraft being prototyped in the USA. If Russia were to splurge all its money on more Su-57s, it will likely bleed dry its R&D budget for the 6th generation, with very little ability to make the big leap needed in capability. So they will have maybe a few years of near parity with the US F22/F35 mix, before the 6th generation comes through, and they suddenly have an airforce a generatiuon behind...and no money in the bank.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join