It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some politician said something about another politician, lol you Americans are nuts.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
Gosh I'll do a search about that, seems nuts as well.
I know the UK has Church of England bishops in the second unelected house but most people don't practice religion anymore. Beautiful church in my street, maybe 12 or 15 old people shuffle out of there every sunday. I only know two people who openly believe in some god, I upset one the first time because when I realised I came out with something like 'No way, do you believe in god' and I said it automatically really surprised because it had been so long I'd met someone open about religious belief.

I felt a bit bad because I didn't want to mock him, I just was so surprised that he was a believer.
Next UK census may show biggest socio-faith group will be 'no faith' in 2021, all pundits are saying the same.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Next UK census may show biggest socio-faith group will be 'no faith' in 2021, all pundits are saying the same.

I can dream.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Lol, I have a dear friend in TN and she knows loads of full on believers, I'm surprised she doesn't attend a church just so other people in her society thinks she believes.
I think lots of folk just pretend for social acceptance, because we have gone through it in my decades of life.
I was living on an Islamic South China Sea island for a while and the guys I partied with did drugs instead of drink alcohol because the village elders couldn't smell it lol, when dawn broke and the call to prayer sounded they would go because they had to...none of them believed it though, they went because they had to.

Religion should be separate from the state, and it is not in the UK, it is part of 'the state', but nobody really cares about it.

<< 6  7  8   >>

join