It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's pick to be acting Attorney General does not qualify under the law

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
According to Fox News legal commentator Andrew Napolitano stated that Matt Whitiaker is not legally qualified to become the acting Attorney General.

Napolitano, on "Fox & Friends," said Whitaker is not "legally qualified" to become acting attorney general.

"There’s only three ways a person can become acting attorney general," Napolitano said. "One, if you are the deputy attorney general — Rod Rosenstein — the president signs an executive order and makes you acting."

"Two is if you are already in the Department of Justice and have a job that requires Senate confirmation and you have received confirmation," Napolitano added. "That is not the case with Matt Whitaker because he’s the chief of staff. That does not require Senate confirmation."

Whitaker's most recent post was chief of staff to Sessions at the Justice Department.

"Three is a recess appointment, which is not relevant here because the Senate is not in recess," Napolitano continued.

"So with deference and respect to what the president’s trying to do — he has every right to have whoever he wants run the Justice Department — he has chosen someone who does not qualify under the law to be the acting attorney general," Napolitano added.

So in addition to the bias Whitaker has shown toward the Mueller investigation, he isn't even legally qualified for the job Trump appointed him to. But who cares about laws?

LINK
edit on 8-11-2018 by BlackJackal because: (no reason given)

+38 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
You are going to have a long 2 years.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

The Judge will obviously be called a sell out now.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Obviously, because the law must always be what Trump says it is.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

If Trump were truly a very stable genius he'd ask the Judge to be Attorney General and get the Senate to confirm him.

Rumor is in my home state that our former governor, Fatty Boombah, may be in the running.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If Trump were truly a very stable genius he'd ask the Judge to be Attorney General and get the Senate to confirm him.

Rumor is in my home state that our former governor, Fatty Boombah, may be in the running.

The only people as antiquated and dumb as sessions. Pamela Bondi, and Chris Christie, my lord even Lindsey Graham is better choice than those two. Be nice to have a libertarian like Napolitano who loves America and the constitution for a change of pace.

..maybe trump is looking into how to shut down some bridges when he can't get votes in Congress.
edit on 8-11-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
You are going to have a long 2 years.

The number would be 6

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
Be nice to have a libertarian like Napolitano who loves America and the constitution for a change of pace.

I wish he'd run for President.

He's one of the only people on Fox that I don't want to smash their skull in with a sledge hammer.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I agree Neil isnt so bad. Doesnt usually make the tryouts for Hamiliton like the rest of the crew.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Heh, True Pundit is reporting today that Trump is floating Louis Freeh to replace Jess Sessions.
Freeh is a former FBI director who effing hates the Clintons.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Whitaker was confirmed a few years ago as a U.S. Attorney.

Wonder if that "qualifies" per Judge Nap ?

😎

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Be nice to have a libertarian like Napolitano who loves America and the constitution for a change of pace.

He's one of the only people on Fox that I don't want to smash their skull in with a sledge hammer.

Yeah they should be more like CNN.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

The only difference between the two is where their bias lays, and who they're willing to sell out/bolster.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

The only difference between the two is where their bias lays, and who they're willing to sell out/bolster.

Its not even close . CNN is a joke of fake news. I dont like FOX much but man CNN is so bad.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Its not even close . CNN is a joke of fake news. I dont like FOX much but man CNN is so bad.

The only difference is how they word their headlines.

Neither are breaking big stories, neither have true investigative journalism, neither challenge the status quo.

Both are entertainment corporate media.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

😎

Like over a decade ago you mean.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

😎

Nope, he resigned from that post in 2009. He would need to be a currently appointed member of the DOJ.

link   

😎

How long ago was RBG confirmed.

Does that matter?

link   

Still legally "qualifies" I bet.

🚬💨🎃

link   

Hell, even Larry King is dissing CNN these days. (Yesterday, he said "CNN stopped doing news a long time ago.") That's how pathetic they are.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join