It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama....Kinda starting to miss that guy

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: zGrimReapah

Trump has a more hostile media than Obama faced, Jim Acosta never would have acted that way infront of a liberal president.

You know what would stop the media from being hostile? If Trump wasn’t publicly hostile towards them.

Crazy idea that would never work, I know.

Another stupid comment by underwerks.

That's like you hitting me in the face, me hitting you back, and going back and forth hitting each other and you telling me that you'll stop once I stop hitting you back. The media brought this crap upon themselves and are getting what they deserve, along with about 20% trust from the country.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

What made me believe that is seeing Trump tap white nationalists like Bannon and Stephen Miller as advisors, and you know, his stripping of the rights for trans people to call themselves whatever they want. Oh, and let’s not forget trying to ban them from the military.

The vast majority of these people were recommended by the RNC and/or worked with past Presidents as Bannon did, and Miller was recommended by Sessions as he was on his staff and a few other Congressperson's staff too. Also Miller grew up in CA went to Duke and is a Jew, so why does his conservative views make him alt right, or is that just the norm now to throw the label when there is no substance. Also funny, how you do not mention that many do not work for Trump anymore as in the RNC and others recommended and after a short while Trump fired a good many...lol

Not to mention the Nazis that love and adore him, and the fact that he never throws their votes away.

There is less than 10,000 in the country, so what does it mean "throw their vote away" not sure what you are driving at here. Did Obama ever say that the 2 million gang members in the country should not vote for him?

edit on 8-11-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Propagandalf
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Obama was rarely protested (and if he was they rarely filmed it), was rarely hounded by the press, and rarely scrutinized. It’s a poor comparison.

A much better comparison would be between today’s press to the press during the Obama administration, but I doubt we’ll see that.

The only press that scrutinized him, for the things worth scrutinizing of course, was Fox News and he trained all liberals to hate Fox News and call them all racists. That's what happened when someone scrutinized Obama, and why the mainstream media ran from anything bad he did.

Obama would melt under the scrutiny Trump is under. Luckily for him celebrities and the press became his bootlickers.

Those effing trash bags. The part of society that has managed to let their mouths write checks their asses finally can't cash. Celebrities and the MSM have lost all credibility for choosing sides.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I believe Obama was the greatest president of the last century and more. Can you imagine what the history books will say about America's first black President. And then imagine what they could possibly say about orange man.
There is no comparison.............!!!! I would give Jim Acosta some advice. "When you wrestle with a pig you will both get muddy, but he will love it."

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Yeah, compared to Trump Obama looks like Abe Lincoln

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Yeah, compared to Trump Obama looks like Abe Lincoln

I'll give you that one, considering Lincoln divided the US more than any president in history... until Obama came along. The comparison is amazingly astute for you.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Obama certainly ended up being a center-right corporatist like most of the "left" in this country. But also knew how to talk to people and have some degree of class. Trump is just a non-stop embarrassment.

If you think Obama was bad without a teleprompter, Trump is like a jump-cut car crash from a movie where the reel gets stuck looping in the projector (as he says the same things over and over again in the nonsensical ranty pestilence that only Trump can deliver). Sad for him. Sad for his followers. Sad for this country.

Give a mic to a 12 year old bratty only-child that has always gotten what they want, then load them up with pop rocks and coca-cola (back when it had coc aine in it) and ya won't be able to tell the difference between him and Trump.

But don't take it from me, take it from the man himself...

"My fingers are long and beautiful, as, it has been well been documented, are various other parts of my body."

Jesus. This is who y'all elected. He's, as self proclaimed, "like, really smart".

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: shooterbrody

Don't get me wrong I am sure that Obama has at times not handled the press as well as he could have the but in general its quite obvious that Obama was just better at speaking than Trump, he had a much better and diplomatic style that was less confrontational and divisive.
So what! Trump doesn’t have time for this stupid stuff... what with having to fix all the messes Obama and Bush and Clinton left behind.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I don't know it if was intentional or not in your choices of clips but I noticed one thing right away. The guy asking obama the tough question asked it once, then sat down quietly and received an answer. That isn't even close to what acosta did. When the POTUS says you are done - put down the mic, you put the mic down and stop. You don't throw a stiff arm at a woman trying to take the mic from you and continue.

I wonder how obama would have handled that kind of blatant disrespect.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I'll be as fair as possible with this one. Jim Acosta is an arse. We all know this.

However, so is Trump. The man is an unrepentant arse at the best of times.

It's strange how times change, and how strong one can develop one's mental gymnastics. I hesitated poring through this thread because I knew what would be posted in response, but ATS never fails to amaze me. So far, it's been claimed that Trump is wittier than Obama.

By 2020, I'm sure people will be claiming that 45 is damn near the greatest statesman of all time, second only to Andrew Jackson and the legendary Adam West.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Obama was a man of Measured Character and Showed A TON OF SELF CONTROL.
He was Charming but knew how to call people out without losing his cool.

Im a Trump supporter, but yeah, Obama always had a way with words.
if I was ever kidnapped by the SS and brought to a dark rom with OB, and he told me I worked for him now or else, I would be assured by his choice of words and tone that it was for everyones best interest.
hes the kind of guy that will tell you he will imprison you for life in Yemen if you oppose him.
but if you Agreed to his terms he would cut your bonds and say "Glad we have an understanding, I like you... Lets go grab a beer!"

he did have a way with words. when during his last rally some old white Vet showed up and acted up he calmed the crowd down, and said to respect the guy, he showed control in attitude.

I may not like you OtherSide for half of what you say, but I have to agree

I Miss Obama though I Hated some of the things he did.

I WISH Obama was Trumps PR GURU.

Obama was Technically "The Man"
But when he shut a reporter or politician down it felt like he was "Stickin it to the MAN"

tell you Lefties what...
tell you left wing nuts what....

you have Michelle run 2020, I will Vote for our First Female Prez.
so long as she backs Trumps economic policies and doesnt rewind our progress on north K.

if you give us that, I will whip even the Neo Nazis into the voting line for BLUE.

Sincerely, the "Bureau"

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Your butthole is showing

Needless to say, I think my definition of class differs from yours. I did not find Obama classy, I found him to be a condescending jackass and I do not miss him or his style of leadership in any way.
Not to mention he is the first President in our time to go around deliberately attacking our current Potus. Just not cool or classy at all.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I might have the needle stuck in the groove when I say policy over personality.

However IF it came to shooting hoops, I'd rather play Obama, if Trump was caught double dribbling he would start accusations of fake referees.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
Trump calls it how he sees it. I can respect that. Obama was just a slimey used car salesman with a platform.

Nope, trump moans, whines, cries, gets defensive, then attacks people.

Exactly how petulant teens act, funnily enough.

People who think trump's approach to diplomacy is strong are utterly deluded.

Like his whole "never admit fault, never apologise" logic - which is one of the weakest human character traits one can imagine. It takes a real man/woman to listen to others, admit fault where applicable, and apologise like a grown up. He's weak.

Obama was the opposite of slimey - objectively-so. He knew how to manage pepple, personalities, character traits etc. He was diplomatic and respectful.

Donnie tells his fans to beat people up. Utterly disgusting for an influential man of his age and experience. Pathetic.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join