It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama....Kinda starting to miss that guy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Right way let me make a couple of points, I know that a lot of people will read the title, see the Alien in the suit and just jump with assumptions without bothering to read this OP. Others will accuse me of just being a "Obama guy" but I will point out that I did write several threads calling him out back in the day and a few of you might just get the point.

The point is this.

Trump as we all know recently had a bit of a meltdown during a press conference over a journalist asking him a difficult question. I don't really want to get into that, its been debated and discussed quite a bit. Although it reminded me of a similar instance where Obama was faced with a journalist who also asked a controversial question and how Obama shut the guy down.

As you can see, its handled much better.

So then I got thinking about how Obama handled things in general, say hecklers during speeches and campaign rallies.

so the above is a 12 minute video that shows off Obama dealing with hecklers then Trump dealing with hecklers and the differences is really interesting. Several times Obama actually invites the hecklers to speak with him after or asks the individual(s) to stay, Trump tells his supporters to beat the crap out of the guy and that he will pay the legal fees.

One style is very diplomatic and some might say presidential the other is aggressive and boarding on violent.

This got me locking through a few other videos that I won't bore anyone with but when you compare the personal style (yes I know there is much more to politics than personal style) there is no denying that Obama is outclassing Trump. Makes me almost miss Obama and his way of communicating his thoughts and feelings on issues.

Just a interesting comparison.

+37 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I don't think it's any secret Obama's primary (and maybe only) upside was charisma.

I'll take Trump's economy and SC picks and pretty much everything else over a fake smile and smooth talking.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You have a real talent for winding up Americans. Keep up the good work.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

There is your attention. We done here?

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Trump calls it how he sees it. I can respect that. Obama was just a slimey used car salesman with a platform.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I miss him whistling his S's.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
He was nice and funny out in public, but then tapped their work and home phones

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Yeah he "handled" the press much much better......
How soon we forget....
abcnews.go.com...

Barack Obama's campaign has booted from its airplane three reporters who work for newspapers that have endorsed John McCain.

www.baltimoresun.com...

Emails later obtained by Judicial Watch about the matter included this one from Obama press secretary Josh Earnest to a Treasury Department spokesperson, saying, "We've demonstrated our willingness and ability to exclude Fox News from significant interviews…"

Yeah I have no doubt you miss obama.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Aside from him making people have good feelings...

His foreign policy was more aggressive than Bush's.

He used the espionage act more than any administration since it's inception, combined than multiplied.

He symbolically got a syringe mixed with every narcotic and steroids, and injected it into the patriot act setting up the erosion of all rights any citizen has.

His administration went after journalists far worse than Trump.

I could continue if you'd like.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Obama is like a hot girlfriend.
Fun to look at, but when you get deep into the relationship you figure out she dumb as a box of rocks.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Don't get me wrong I am sure that Obama has at times not handled the press as well as he could have the but in general its quite obvious that Obama was just better at speaking than Trump, he had a much better and diplomatic style that was less confrontational and divisive.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I love you, I agree with you, I want to listen, I want to help, I respect you, I am on your side.
I am your best friend
He is just placating people with hollow words, what I want to know, did he go and deal with these people or ignore them
Pandered to the tv audience, not a drop of real information offered

Trump, he is an arrogant dick, ignores people just in the opposite fashion of Obama
edit on 8-11-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
...he had a much better and diplomatic style that was less confrontational and divisive.

He was a divisive twat, just like Trump is a divisive twat.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I think I am seeing a pattern emerge here.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...he had a much better and diplomatic style that was less confrontational and divisive.

He was a divisive twat, just like Trump is a divisive twat.

come on, he was less divisive than Trump.

a twat (is that ok under T&C) sure but he wasn't as big of a twat as Trump in my opinion, you hold a different opinion then fair enough.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I liked Obama too, especially before he was first elected as president. I voted for him and supported him for a while, but talk is cheap. I wanted results, which is something he didn't come through on. He actually did a 180 on a lot of his promises to get elected. Here is a list of them off the top of my head.

Strong on the border - Got open borders instead
We could keep our doctors - I lost my doctor, how about you?
Lower health insurance premiums - Mine have dramatically increased
A transparent administration - Was the least transparent administration in history
Bring our troops home - Tore apart even more regions of the middle east
Close Guantanamo Bay - Still open
Lower Taxes - Raised taxes instead

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Bush shredded the constitution, Obama wiped his ass with what was left.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

come on, he was less divisive than Trump.

He was just as good at dog whistling as Cheetolini and as someone in the middle I despised him as much as the new guy.

edit on 8-11-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Knapperdude
Bush shredded the constitution, Obama wiped his ass with what was left.

And then Trump crapped out the rest....

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

in general its quite obvious that Obama was just better at speaking than Trump

I disagree.
obama read a teleprompter better perhaps
trump is far more wittier and quicker with a quip

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join