It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Acosta for President!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53

originally posted by: Wookiep

originally posted by: Wookiep

BREAKING NEWS

Orange man defended by brave woman 🚺.

Wow you're a racist! Got something against orange people??

Only one.

At least you're honest. Don't let your hatred swallow you into the abyss.

It's not hatred it's embarrassment.

Embarrassment by the orange man? Why mention color? You make me suspicious!

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

So it's a case of monkey say, monkey do??

Doesn't say much for most of us, does it??

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

He would wet himself in the first debate. He reminds me of the reporter from the movie Die Hard.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I don't think the journalist did anything wrong. He was asking questions, sometimes there are uncomfortable questions.
I think she was out of order using force to try to take the microphone. We're meant to be civilised these days.
This whole episode has just further undermined Trump. Give a man enough rope...

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

At this point, I'm just concerned he doesn't have the right temperament to be a CNN Journalist.

We could say the same thing about our President, lol.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Some of the comments here are pretty laughable!

Look, I'll be the first to say I don't think what Acosta did was "Assault", not in the legal sense anyway. However, when you put Acosta's actions into the context of how liberals would act with a democratic president and a right wing reporter it should come as no surprise people are screaming "Assault!". Liberals would do the same exact thing, and to say differently is simply disingenuous.

Acosta is a dick and he was grandstanding. Period. Now some might say Trump is a dick, and he grandstands all the time. Well, there's one BIG difference...Trump is the President of the United States of America, and Acosta is NOT. That one, seemingly trivial, detail makes all the difference in the world. You don't have to like it, but them's the facts.

Anyone (and I mean anyone) who repeatedly 'accosts' and badgers a senior figure (public or private) is going to be asked to cease. If they fail to do so then they will, and should, be removed. Acosta was WAY out of school, and frankly I think he's pretty damn lucky some SS agent didn't drag his smug ass out of the room by his hair and put a dent in his skull out in the hallway! I actually fully expected to see just that to happen (kind of surprised it didn't actually) when I first watched the video of this incident.

Hate Trump all you want, but what Acosta did was categorically unacceptable and completely inconsistent with respect and decorum the POTUS is absolutely entitled to. I'm not talking about what he did to the intern...I'm talking about him refusing to SHUT...the...F#...UP!

That was his big mistake, more so than anything else.

Was Trump being a dick too? Sure he was, and he wasn't looking very presidential when he lowered himself to Acosta's level, but that's how Trump is. However, it doesn't change the fact that Trump, unlike Acosta, is the President.

Now, if it were me standing at the podium, I probably would have handled things a bit differently. I would have just calmly turned to the lead SS agent and asked them to "please remove Mr. Acosta from the room", and left it at that in the briefing. Afterwards, I would have given instructions to the Press Secretary to advise CNN in no uncertain terms that if Acosta ever pulled a stunt like that again he would be banned from all future briefings for the balance of the term.

Like it or not, people need to remember (and I think many, here and elsewhere, forget) the POTUS is the most powerful man in the free World. With a single stroke of a pen he can level entire kingdoms on the other side of the planet within an hour's notice. You may not like it, but it's the truth.

And I will close with this parting shot...what do you suppose would have happened to Mr. Tony Acosta if he had done the same thing at a Vladamir Putin press briefing????

***MIC DROP***
edit on 11/10/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join