It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland Police Want To Charge Driver With Crimes After Escaping Mob Protest

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
People in Portland have really strong feelings about pedestrian rights. If he drove into a no-drive zone by accident, they might have been trying to detain him so a police officer could come and give him a ticket for it.

I've seen pedestrians shout at people for entering a crosswalk when the "walk" signal is on, and wouldn't put it past them to run after a car that did so and start hitting it. They get really, really mad.

But it's clear from the video he is an older man, and probably drove into the zone by pure mistake. Got disoriented when the protesters started threatening him.

They should have paid attention to his age, and considered the possibility of a genuine mistake. It would serve them right if someday they end up having to see their parents or grand parents get treated like that.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: Boadicea
So... you condone violence, so long as it is directed at people you disagree with?

No he was pointing out your commander in chief condones violence and has announced as much publicly.
Do you have a source for that?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
portlandtribune.com... guess they did over 3 grand of damamge to the old dudes car and he apparnely has not been charged with any crime

The person in front of the car was trying to lift up the front end as the driver was trying to get out of the area. The driver said there is $3000 damage to his car. He called the police to file a report after he left the area, which police confirmed. No one has filed a police report against the driver, and no charges of any kind have been filed at this point. PPB Sgt. Chris Burley said officers were monitoring the protest. Asked why police didn't step in when protesters went into the streets and affected traffic, Burley said the bureau "weighs the ability for people to gather to practice their First Amendment rights to freedom of speech and assembly, as well as the impact it places on the rest of the Portland community. Throughout this event the police bureau was monitoring the crowd." Anyone with direct knowledge of this incident is asked to contact Portland police.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

In other words, they are "passing the buck" to someone else. Sounds to me like they just don't care about the impact it will have on the drivers through Portland on important business. What about the businesses open down the streets that this "protest" was going on at? Didn't they file complaints to the police that their businesses were being unfairly impacted by them? If not, I call more than just the police into question here.

What business would want someone to be blocking potential traffic to their place of work for something like this? Seems rather odd to me. Anyone else make any sense of this?

TheBorg :-)

Edited to add: I would imagine that, had these "protesters" protested inside of the Portland Police Station, there would have been a wholly different outcome. This is just one example of how bad it's gotten in that area.
edit on 13-10-2018 by TheBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Another perspective: the crowd of protesters were moving across the street. The driver decided to plow through them, rather than waiting for them to pass. What would happen to you if you decided to plow through a crowd of people crossing a street?

Then you are whoafully uninformed of the actual situation in this case. These protesters were BLOCKING the road, and directing traffic themselves. Last I checked, the police are the ones that are supposed to do that job. Here is a video that shows what waas going on before the MSM car video starts showing the full context.

Twitter: Video fo Portland Protesters blocking road and directing traffic

If you actually watch it, I expect a retraction from you on the above statement which you made. Since it is based upon a lack of real information and only based upon your imagination and feelz.

No surprise Twitter deleted the video/account

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Thats how I would respond, sue them all

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join