It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland Police Want To Charge Driver With Crimes After Escaping Mob Protest

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Portland Police Want To Charge Driver With Crimes After Escaping Mob Protest

As the videos from last weekend’s protest in Portland have gone viral, namely due to the dereliction of duty on the part of the Portland police allowing the violent leftist mob to take over the city, one particular video has caught the attention of police and Multnomah County district attorney Rod Underhill.

The video in question shows a man in a silver car getting caught up in the protest. Apparently fearing for his safety, the man starts to drive through the protest. One genius decides he’s going to jump in front of the car and try to stop it, as other members of the mob converge on the car, shouting obscenities at the driver and beating on his car. The driver eventually made it through, but stopped at the red light up the block. There, the protesters chased him down, smashed a window out in his car, and started threatening him.

Now police are encouraging the protesters to come forward as “victims” so they can charge the driver of the car with crimes. The police refer to the violent thugs as “pedestrians.”

Here's the video of the incident.

It's not entirely clear to me why the police would take this approach. Nothing makes sense anymore.

edit on 10-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

It's Portland. They are a safe haven for crazy progressives.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Was it a planned protest with no-go zones for cars that the driver ignored?

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Because the brown shirts are being funded by the government Stooges who are about to get voted out

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

How are these 'no go zones' identified? By temporary barricade or carrier pigeon?

I've read nothing about either.

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

My sources tell me that Devon "Che" Brownstein (age 24) tore a sleeve of his shirt when he was smashing windows out of the car and might have cut himself and that his mom was mad.

So yeah, it's justified.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Another perspective: the crowd of protesters were moving across the street. The driver decided to plow through them, rather than waiting for them to pass. What would happen to you if you decided to plow through a crowd of people crossing a street?

+65 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Another perspective? Is that what you call making up facts?

Have a link that verifies this 'perspective'?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I hope Trump is paying attention. Trump has continued to support and applaud LE and turned a blind eye to the gross abuse of power and force by too many LEOs.

Perhaps having that abuse of power and force turned against him and his supporters -- as well as innocent civilians just going about their day -- will force Trump to take another looksee... A much closer and longer looksee.

+42 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Maybe the driver should counter by filing charges against the protesters of vandalism , attempted murder, assault , and stalking , and blocking a highway . ... And also file
Charges against the police and mayor for allowing this to happen and putting his life at risk and in danger .

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
So... you condone violence, so long as it is directed at people you disagree with?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Yeah, your link.

Portland police are seeking witnesses to a collision at Southwest 4th Avenue and Madison Street on Saturday, in which the driver of a silver Lexus slowly pushed through a crowd of protesters crossing the street.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

nm

edit on 10-10-2018 by szino9 because: dont worth it...

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

If my teen daughter and I were out there protesting and some guy drives his car into my daughter, you’re damned right I would chase after him and give him a piece of my mind. Wouldn’t you?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
So... you condone violence, so long as it is directed at people you disagree with?

I have no idea how you got that ^^^ from my comment.

But to be very specific, I do not condone any wanton violence. At most, I accept proportional use of force for self-defense and/or the defense and protection of others when necessary.

And that applies to LEOs as well as civilians.
edit on 10-10-2018 by Boadicea because: Formatting

+57 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I wouldn't put my daughter in a dangerous position like a protest.

Then again I'm not a political zombie.

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: szino9

If my teen daughter and I were out there protesting and some guy drives his car into my daughter, you’re damned right I would chase after him and give him a piece of my mind. Wouldn’t you?

Nope. I'd be taking care of my daughter. But of course, I wouldn't put my daughter in such a dangerous position either...

I guess it just depends on one's priorities and values, eh?
edit on 10-10-2018 by Boadicea because: Clarity

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
They should give him a reward

+28 more 
link   

Wouldn't you teach your daughter common sense, like do not protest in the street?
Or even loiter in the street.

Sure looks like what they were doing. Intentionally blocking traffic.

+5 more 
link   

I hope in trumps next speech on law-enforcement when he praises the brave, honest, hard-working men and women that protect us .

Then at the very end he says except Seattle/ Portland:

edit on 10-10-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join