It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s Supreme Court pick: ISPs have 1st Amendment right to block websites

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

So how did you forget about satellite?

Satellite service is garbage, it's hilarious you think it's a viable option for many people. My current company is spread across the U.S., Canada and NZ, and many work from home offices. Those with satellite are at a huge disadvantage. VPN cuts out frequently, and many do use VoIP, and it's garbage as well, and any chat medium like Skype is laughable. Not that it matters.. some people can only use what is available to them. It's cute you think that satellite service is viable however. For consumers it's bad.. for business it's next to worthless.

The issue becomes when you have one choice, maybe two, if your providers start imposing limits, throttling your service, or imposing other limits, you have no other option. That is why net neutrality was put into place. It utterly boggles the mind people slobber over Trump this much, that they must defend this idiotic move, which does not benefit any U.S. citizen IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER. "Oh.. this doesn't help me at all.. but could hurt me, buuut.. Trump put it into place, so.. it's A-Ok in my book!"

Are people seriously that STUPID? Why would you or anyone stand up for ISPs, that routinely screw consumers and businesses out of money, and make money hand-over-fist? It does NOTHING FOR YOU! It can only possibly slow down your Internet, OR cost you more money.

The theory that some small startup by virtue of this strategy will "have a chance" against the big players is laughable, hilarious, and ignorant.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join