It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Paul Manafort in Solitary Confinement????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
To protect him? Nope. To make sure that he has NO idea what is going on with the case and on the outside to make him talk and/or flip? Yeah, I think so.

Why would you keep Paul Manafort in solitary to begin with? He is not a threat.

Link

Lawyers for ex-Trump campaign boss Paul Manafort are complaining that 'he is locked in his cell for at least 23 hours per day" as they appeal the recent revocation of his $10 million bail and subsequent jailing. Manafort's defense team in an appeals filing says his "solitary confinement" in a jail about two hours from his attorneys' office "makes it effectively impossible for Mr. Manafort to prepare" for two upcoming federal criminal trials.

Lawyers said officials at Northern Neck Regional Jail in Warsaw, Virginia, and U.S. Marshals have "determined that if Mr. Manafort is to be detained, solitary confinement is the only way to ensure his security." Manafort, 69, was ordered jailed June 15 by U.S. District Amy Berman Jackson in Washington after special counsel Robert Mueller accused him of trying to tamper with potential witnesses for his trials. "I cannot turn a blind eye" to how Manafort "abused the trust" of the court, Jackson said that day.

Yet there I read it is for his own safety. His is not a gang member. He is not a mob snitch. This is bull# to the highest degree to try to squeeze some one who is almost 70.

He did LESS than the ones in the O admin I will not name because we ALL know the players and if you do not or plead ignorance move on...

I mean, where are the indictments for the Podesta brothers who he worked with during the issues he is charged about.

They revoked his bond. No need. No flight risk. This guys likes his 1200 thread count sheets it is just a hit.

I mean, now many of us know the other cases that Amy Berman Jackson, his judge, have presided over?

Appointed in 2010 by Obama here is a good one..

thehill.com...

She is very. very much in the Deep State Establishment Order...so she keeps him under lock and key.

What happens to all of these people when the truth comes out????

Clearly you are very ill informed of why the prison system does what it does. When there is even the slightest amount of threat to a individual the system will(should) place you in solitude for you and others safety. If solitude is not available then you will be placed with the worst of the worst. Those that have murdered and are awaiting a court date. They tend to be chill considering they are f#ed to begin with. I know it seems weird but it is what it is.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Donald Trump is the president. Trump was connected to him all over the place. Trump is the President of the United States. He is the self proclaimed ''Mr. Wonderful''

Manafort is in solitary for one reason and one reason only. Donald Trump allows it.

Wow.

Well than...let's call it a day!

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Lol. Nothing like white knighting a piece of # like Manafort to own the non-Trump supporters. Paul Manafort is not in general population because one of his former employers is quite likely to have him killed in prison.

She is very. very much in the Deep State Establishment Order...so she keeps him under lock and key.

It's not the judge who has him in solitary confinement. Also, this is just bizarre. On the one hand, you're talking about "Deep State Establishment Order" like it's something that really concerns you but on the other, you're doing it in a thread where you're whining about Paul Manafort.

Do you honestly not know anything about Paul Manafort? He's the archetype of morally bankrupt swamp creatures. You know how his own daughters talk about him privately? "That money we have is blood money." "You know he has killed people in Ukraine?"

Not only is he as US right-wing establishment as it gets: worked on the Ford, Reagan and Dole campaigns, worked under James Baker, scored a job in the Reagan WH, managed a GOP convention, also had ties to Nixon because Stone was Nixon's boy in the early days of BMS/BMSK and also because Nixon aide Lee Atwater was a partner in the firm. Oh, and BMSK also worked for the Bush-Quayle campaign. In the late 80's, he admitted to influence peddling in testimony before Congress as part of the HUD scandal. It was actually something of a joke at the time that the Republicans should just do away with primaries and let the firm pick the candidates.

And where Stone is a professional goon whose expertise is "dirty tricks" campaign ops, Manafort's bread and butter has always been influence peddling — whether it's unethical lobbying or securing delegates.

But at the same time, he's also worked for some of the worst abroad: Ferdinand Marcos, Mobutu, Jonas Savimbi and Putin via Oleg Deripaska — to name a few. He's worked for dictators, despots and warlords from basically everywhere but Antarctica. Africa, Central America, Southeast Asia, the Middle East and of course, Eastern Europe. He's worked in Western Europe where he was paid, through a Lebanese arms dealer, in the mid-90's to come up with the campaign strategy for a former French PM. That payment was part of the massive corruption scandal known as the Karachi Affair.

There was the time he impersonated a CNN reporter in Kashmir to get interviews for use in propaganda that was funded by the Pakistani ISI.

He worked for a decade for deposed despot Viktor Yanukovych most recently of course. While he was doing that, he was also under contract for like $10 million a year to lobby for Putin's interest in the West, paid by Oleg Deripaska. Then there was the illegal lobbying that he was doing for Yanukovych/Ukraine in the US using the Podesta Group and Mercury while simultaneously running a similar operation in European capitals. And that's not even getting into the all the corrupt business dealings he was almost certainly doing at the same time.

Laundering the money to fuel his opulent lifestyle while avoiding taxes is the least of the damage he's done.

And then while working for Trump, he was trying to leverage his position to get back into the good graces of Oleg Deripaska. As a Trump supporter, if nothing else, I'd think you'd be really not happy that the guy running Trump's campaign was offering private briefings about Trump and his campaign to a guy that had paid him tens of millions of dollars to lobby for Putin's agenda. Any idiot can see that Manafort, who was in financial crisis, was working for Trump for free because he was trying to get back on the Putin pal gravy train.

And on top of that, it looks like he likely promised a banker a job in the admin to get himself a mortgage. Because everything about Manafort is crooked and corrupt af.

If you are at all genuinely concerned with "draining the swamp," then you should be happy to see Manafort's chickens finally coming home to roost.

Instead, you're in here acting like he's some sort of victim for no other reason than feeling obligated to do so because he was Trump's campaign manager and he was indicted by Mueller.
edit on 2018-7-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

He is in the Fed Pen right? I understand why people should be in certain places. Long story short I know some stories regarding state prison in NY but that is not what we have here.

Why put Manafort in solitary for that many hours a day?

I think it is just a #ty thing someone is telling a judge to do...tbh...
Federal prison isn't all that different than state prison. I've heeded it's a little calmer, but for the protection off someone like Manafort it's negligible.

So it basically comes down to whether to keep him in protective custody or not. Throw him into GP and watch him be extorted, beat, or murdered. Or put him into either Ad Seg or solitary confinement where he is in cell 23 hours a day minus shower time with one hour of recreation. It's the same for both.

There is no in between. It's one or the other. Fortunately, even in solitary confinement inmates can normally talk to one another depending on the set up and/or guard, so it doesn't turn into complete isolation. Granted they can't see each other or run fishing lines.

I agree that it completely sucks, and I hate it for the man.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I think Manafort is in solitary confinement to keep him from talking. I think he was going to spill the beans before everything is set. This would be in the ‘Mueller is a whitehat’ line of thinking.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

and you think he's protected enough in prison/jail? There are lifers in there that could/would take him out just because

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Well, the part about him not knowing what's going on with his case isn't a good reason. He has lawyers that know everything going on and I am certain they keep him up to date with regular visits.

I would agree that to a certain degree it is to pressure him to cooperate. I can see that their could be some issues with some others incarcerated since so much has been made of the race card but more likely just a pressure point that does not appear to be working.

I think they have some real issues with the case against him, primarily how this is a second investigation of these same charges and the government passed on an earlier prosecution. He may stand a good chance of a not guilty verdict, depends on the jury, they better spend a lot on jury selection.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

one word: torture

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I think Manafort is in solitary confinement to keep him from talking. I think he was going to spill the beans before everything is set. This would be in the ‘Mueller is a whitehat’ line of thinking.

Maybe he is being tenderised in advance of testifying. Maybe he's being stashed so that Vlad the Lad keeps his hands off of him. Sorry about his luck, eh?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Wow, this was actually a very good and civil thread. Thanks for all of the responses...

Now, if there could only be a few other row mates thrown in there with him....

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I love the spin.

There is a difference between segregating someone from the general population and being put in solitary confinement.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join