It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason why the left has gone insane

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Order some fries, they forgot to salt them.

So I came to this thread.

So parched now.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: fredrodgers1960
a reply to: kaylaluv

So, when the pregnancy is terminated, a human life is terminated with it.

We call that murder.

Fred..

What do you call it when a woman loses her right to have a medical procedure performed on her own body, and loses her privacy when it comes to what happens between her and her doctor?

There is a third party who doesn't seem to get a vote.

Fred..

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

So, you think that Roe V Wade is unconstitutional? Why? Simply because women's reproductive rights aren't mentioned?

Allow me to introduce you to the 9th Amendment!

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

You see, The Supreme Court didn't rule that abortion is a constitutional right, it ruled that state laws that proscribe abortion, before the fetus is viable, were UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Why do you think they did that?

What you simply can't seem to grasp is, the law of the land is the Constitution. You are correct. They did rule as such.

Which will be overturned, because, viability also isn't defined in any CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT.

Viability is too vague of a description, hence why it shall be overturned.

Fred..

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

We call that murder.

Fred..

What do you call it when a woman loses her right to have a medical procedure performed on her own body, and loses her privacy when it comes to what happens between her and her doctor?

Fred..

Should they get a vote when the woman's life is at stake? Why do you think that is?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Okay, that's your opinion of the way you think it's destined to go. Do you think that states should individually and separately define fetal "viability"? Wouldn't we just wind up with, potentially, 50 different vague definitions of fetal viability?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Okay, that's your opinion of the way you think it's destined to go. Do you think that states should individually and separately define fetal "viability"? Wouldn't we just wind up with, potentially, 50 different vague definitions of fetal viability?

This entire topic needs to go back to the States. Let them hash it out for each of them.

The Feds have way too much power over us. Give it back to the States and let them decide.

Fred..

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

We call that murder.

Fred..

Fred..

Should they get a vote when the woman's life is at stake? Why do you think that is?

should they get a vote. A very interesting way to say it. Interesting indeed. I know women who have been told that it was dangerous to carry to term, yet they did so anyway, to try to bring that baby (in one case it was twins) out alive.

Of course, if the mothers life is in danger, then that's a deciding factor. But, I would like to see a couple of professional opinions to agree, instead of having one Dr who blanketly says that every single instance, the mother's life is at risk.

Fred..

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

This entire topic needs to go back to the States. Let them hash it out for each of them.

The Feds have way too much power over us. Give it back to the States and let them decide.

Fred..

So, the problem isn't that abortion isn't mentioned in the Constitution. It isn't that Roe V Wade's definition of "viability" is too vague. It's that you think the state's right to dictate "their" women's reproductive choices, differently from state to state, is a greater right than an individual autonomy and their right to personal privacy as an American citizen.

How dare those Feds protect our women's rights!? The Feds just have too much power, so lets stop federally protecting women's reproductive rights!

That's the regressive constitutional ticket!

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The answer to the question in the OP seems pretty simple. That which God would destroy he first drives mad.

edit on 14-7-2018 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
If you want to screw up abortion rights in the US then all that needs to happen is for a state to define conception as personhood. If a fetus has civil rights then wave by-by to Roe vs Wade.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The LEFT is going insane because their leadership is off the rails.
You have Schumer threatening Democrat Senators who might vote to confirm Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

Maxine Waters calling for violence against Trump followers.

And, you have Congressman Cohen telling Peter Strzok (in front of the whole world) that he should be awarded the prestigious PURPLE HEART medal!

See 1st minute of video at: theconservativetreehouse.com...

Discerning and Wise Democrats are leaving the party, to preserve their personal credibility.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

If you want to screw up abortion rights in the US then all that needs to happen is for a state to define conception as personhood.

It has been attempted. More than once.
It's highly problematic.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The irony, here is in about 6 years when we get another democrat potus, or when the shift of power shifts this argument will be vice versa. What fascinates me with politics is how well it manages to control people’s mind and also how well it maintains a barely civil divide in the population. What is also pretty fascinating is the psychological design of our politics their literally are people born wired to be one side or the other. If you ask me our politics are corrupt and outdated as hell, it’s a corpocracy influenced and ran by lobbyists in my opinion. Not to mention most members of Congress and the senate are lawyers lol. I will say this thou we are free and still have civil rights if you can afford them lol, speaking of that it’s easier to become a millionaire here, than anywhere else, but our politics really suck sadly.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Let's clarify..... The Left has taken to its vehicles to run over the innocent
, It's not taken to some highrise building to shoot down innocent concertgoers
, It not got a hold of a firearm and gone on a shooting spree

Please define "Insane"

In fact, the Left although protesting is usually peaceful unless that is you count the times it has been infiltrated by right-wing provocateurs or government provocateurs.

FYI... unfortunately the only example of violence from the left wing in the US(if you can call it left wing) is from flashpoints between rival groups or as stated above which more than often, is instigated by the opposing rightwing groups in attendance(as that is the prime goal of the right-wing group)... You Americans and your flawed logic.

250,000 people left to liberal and no incident of merit other than a cheeky sing song...

That's an example of how we British from the left do things

Now onto Abortion... Is it nothing to do with Right or Left Leanings? or are you just trolling the left for the sake of it, I don't say this often but you're an idiot. Abortion is a morality issue, although everything can be explained as political, it isn't really an issue that divides the "Left" from the "Right". So an Idiotic Troll attempt to generate flags and stars.
edit on 15-7-2018 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DreamerOracle

It's probably what he wrote just before boarding the plane. Mr. Presents is having a hard time right now, don't go full blown Net-A-Yahoo on his ATS handle now. We all know that he needed this rant in order to gather his spirits, Theresa was about to hold his hand again.

#RealReasons

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I despise abortion. I stand against the practice of murdering unborn children completely. Yet, there are certain situations (rape, medical necessity, etc) which could warrant/justify it under some circumstances.

In my opinion, as a libertarian, I cannot support outlawing abortion. However, in the case of SCOTUS, as you write it would not outlaw anything. Repealing Roe V. Wade would simply put the question of abortion to each of the States as it was originally intended as written in Amendment 10 (Amendment X)

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

I believe the rationale for Roe is flawed, and a review would likely find that was the case. If, however, it does not, we can likely use their ruling to overturn the NFA/GCA (since it violates the 14th amendment's equal protections/application clause) I personally plan to either challenge the NFA/GCA (especially the GCA) directly or provide funding to any person/organization willing to do so
edit on 7/15/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I believe the rationale for Roe is flawed, and a review would likely find that was the case. If, however, it does not, we can likely use their ruling to overturn the NFA/GCA

What ruling?

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DreamerOracleSeriously, you are blaming the violence shown by leftist protest groups on infiltration by right wingers? That is some pretty hefty blame-shifting there.

Im not buying it one bit.

<< 12  13  14   >>

join