It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason why the left has gone insane

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
If a case came to the Supreme Court about abortion, the court can only rule if it is Constitutional or not.

The Supreme Court cannot outlaw abortion.

What would happen is that the "choice" to have abortions or not would become a states issue.

So each individual state and the people could vote on it.

Now the usual leftist narrative is that the majority of the country is left-leaning. So state-approved abortions should be a snap? Shouldn't it?

The real conspiracy lies with the fact that maybe the majority of Americans don't like abortion.

And they would vote that way. Shattering a well crafted illusion by the leftists.

This is why they (the leftists) are now going bat-sh#t crazy.

That's my opinion.

I'm sticking to it.

Go wear a pink hat before typing anything, so I know it's real.

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
"Why the left is the worst thing in the world" thread #5,216. Glad to see we met the daily quota for these threads.

edit on 7/10/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

+41 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
"Why the left is the worst thing in the world" thread #5,216. Glad to see we met the daily quota for these threads.

It's a conspiracy theory.

You're right though.

Maybe I should have written it on a conspiracy site with a politics section.

Apologies.

My bad.

Sorry.

+20 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Not why the left is the worst, but more like maybe the left isn't as monolithic and WINNING as they like to constantly project.

+24 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Apply this thought process to most of the Left's arguments about anything and you'll see why they resort to the tactics and strategies they employ. They know they're in the minority about most of these issues. So constantly cheat, lie, deceive, deflect, and obfuscate anything you can to suit the narrative and agenda. By any means necessary right?
Hasn't fooled me or those in my life yet and I imagine it won't in the future.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Yes, maybe you should have. ATS is clearly a politics site with a conspiracy section. At least that's what it has turned into.

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gravelbone

It may be why they push things through the Judicial Branch of government rather than the Legislative Branch.

Because they know they wouldn't get the votes.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Gravelbone

I wouldn't even say that it's so much that they're in the minority on everything. Some things they aren't in the minority on.

However, I do think they tend to be self-conscious in that they don't like feeling like others can make up their own minds and maybe decide differently.

The left wants very much to chide Christians for pushing morality, but it's also very much what a lot of the leftists are doing. They've reduced many of their pet positions to moral ones where the question has become good v. evil more than simply two differing choices, and they're uncomfortable with those who would choose what they see as evil. So they do what they don't want others to do and push morality down everyone's throat.

It's the concept of collective salvation. They can't be saved unless all are saved although they'd never admit it.

+25 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Stop lying, you love it. How else are you going to remind us daily that you're the greatest and most enlightened fence sitter alive?

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
What would happen is that the "choice" to have abortions or not would become a states issue.

So each individual state and the people could vote on it.

Now the usual leftist narrative is that the majority of the country is left-leaning. So state-approved abortions should be a snap? Shouldn't it?

The real conspiracy lies with the fact that maybe the majority of Americans don't like abortion.

And they would vote that way. Shattering a well crafted illusion by the leftists.

I'll elaborate on that. Even advocate for another position.

I'm adopted. My mother was 16 years old, partially ostracized by her parents, and pregnant in 1972 during the pitch and fever of Roe v Wade. Abortion would have been the easy choice for her.

She chose life and gave me up.

I *really* hate the idea of abortion for anything but medically necessary life-saving reasons.

But even I recognize that abortion is a valid procedure for a limited number of circumstances. If given the choice I would not vote to ban it, but I would vote to regulate it more.

If someone like me can feel that way, it's safe to say that abortion is not going to become illegal. Just subject to more oversight and control, if the opportunity arises.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
With these frequent circle jerk neener neener threads, perhaps we should have a cyber washroom to clean up afterwards.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

So what is it? More gubment or less? Idk about you but I would like for them to stay TF out of my life. If a lady wants to have an abortion then that is the decision of her. Not the Bible or government.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

So what is it? More gubment or less? Idk about you but I would like for them to stay TF out of my life. If a lady wants to have an abortion then that is the decision of her. Not the Bible or government.

Well, then let the people decide.

Easy enough, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Perfectly rational observation. Diminish the
number of daily sacrifice of the innocents to
thier Molek god. And they are dragged back
to hell with him. The cage is rattling apart
around the vibrating and knocking of an
engine with far to many miles on it. They
are about to come unglued. How else does
one percieve such behavior in adults? They
act as if thier whole world is coming apart.

That usually means it is.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Easy enough, isn't it?

Let them decide on a personal level. Fine with that but no one is allowed to dictate what is done with ones owns body. If you don’t like the thought of abortion then you are free to think that and act on it. But that decision is between you and the other. Not the government.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Easy enough, isn't it?

Yes, let them decide as individuals, not vote to see who gets dictated to.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I tend to agree with your thesis here DB. They are going all out over the Supreme Court pick and of all the issues they might deal with abortion is the one most important to them. I think abortion is wrong but a woman who is determined shouldn't have to do self-surgery. No, taxpayers shouldn't bear the cost or the blame - that lies with the woman entirely. It comes down to the same argument I made 30 years ago about the moral majority; you can't legislate sin out of existence. Freedom means the freedom to make mistakes and even to stop a pregnancy. It's the woman who must live with the choice.
edit on 11-7-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Maybe let the people decide if it is murder or not.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Im2keul

Easy enough, isn't it?

Yes, let them decide as individuals, not vote to see who gets dictated to.

If only it were a single person being affected by that decision.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

a reply to: Allaroundyou

Maybe let the people decide if it is murder or not.

That's still a personal decision and belongs in the "mind your own business" catagory...

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join