It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today's Racist Tweet from Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
So the way I stumbled on this was basically that I saw somebody share the following cartoon on Twitter:

Garrison is a wingnut zealot but I don't know that I've ever seen him be an overt racist before. So I reverse image searched the cartoon and found out that that it was making the rounds because Ron Paul tweeted it out earlier this afternoon. (I went ahead and marked it up to show that Garrison's name had been added).

There's a lot of Ron Paul fans around here or at least there were in the past. My own wife was something of a Paul supporter. Now as many of you will remember, in the past, stuff came out about racist # in Ron Paul's newsletters. A lot of his fans adopted a mantra about how Paul himself really had little to do with the newsletters.

That is part and parcel of the smokescreen of denial of the intersection of far-right politics and racism wafted by many on the Right. Self-aggrieved "real victims" on the Right often screech loudly that they're unfairly painted as being associated with racists. It's not a legitimate connection to make, they argue, when Trump retweets racist propaganda. It's an unfair smear, they say, when Rep. Steve King retweets well known racists.

Time and time again, some people always find themselves contorting into pretzels, trying to find a view of the world that obscures fundamental reality.

Here's the real #. It's not a coincidence that the further right you look, the more stuff like this you'll find. Unwitting or not, parrots who flit to and fro repeating "Cultural Marxism! Cultural Marxism! Cultural Marxism!" are ultimately fellow travelers alongside white nationalists, neo-Nazis and the like. It's not a freak accident when their orbits overlap. It's the result of orbiting in close proximity around the same putrid frothy regressive sucking dog whistling hole.

If you flirt with these bigoted clowns long enough, you'll get screwed every time.
edit on 2018-7-2 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Join the conversation:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

+30 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
NO ONE CARES

it's like you guys get e-mails from the DNC on what to post

Ron Paul is racist now.. god does this garbage ever end?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I wouldnt a thunk Ron actually sits and posts snip on Twitter.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

they are trying to make Ron Paul out to be a racist now.

this is how fringe the left has become, totally insane, lunatics... Ron Paul IS THE EVIL BOOGIE MAN OOHHH NOOOOO

hide your children!

cripes

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Triggered af.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Admit it, you laughed when you saw it.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Well f me.... The only candidate I've ever fully supported in my life.

I officially have no hope.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

yup that's the EEVVVIIILLLL racist Ron Paul, you know the anti war, anti racist, anti drug war pro civil liberties libertarian guy is the racist now

now the lunatic fringe left is attacking Ron Paul from the neo-con right wing RINO Republican point of view

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Yea. That's the thing with Ron Paul. He sounds sane about 65% of the time. Think about the conflicting messaging from Ron Paul.

On the one hand, you've got a video of him acknowledging the reality of systemic racism and the War on Drugs but on the other, he's blabbering about "cultural Marxism" and the plot to undermine Western culture — a plot that others blabbering about "cultural Marxism" will claim includes any discussion of ("made up") systemic racism.
edit on 2018-7-2 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I can't keep up with how triggered you are.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

On the one hand, you've got a video of him acknowledging the reality of systemic racism and the War on Drugs but on the other,

That's what kills me. He was so common sense and straight forward about issues.

My favorite is abolishing the IRS and federal income tax, then replacing with a consumption tax on goods.

Pay what you use/consume. Eliminate free rides and getting taxed on what you don't use.
edit on 2-7-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

So then you didnt laugh?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Sure. It's just a harmless comic picturing the Zeitgeist with a 50ies_esque style, which only coincidentally appeals to McCarthyism due to it's UdSSR symbolism.

now the lunatic fringe left is attacking Ron Paul from the neo-con right wing RINO Republican point of view

Sure. That must be the case here, clearly.
edit on 2-7-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

My sources tell me that ABC just saw the tweet and immediately fired Roseanne.

Again.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It's pretty obvious we need to organize a march.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
He says it was a staffer. Like Ron is dumb enough to post such a thing. Probably some Two Party plant.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Triggered af.

You are. He's basically right.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: DBCowboy

It's pretty obvious we need to organize a march.

We should stop Sarah Sanders from eating out in public again.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join