It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Trump Baby' blimp smashes crowdfunding target ahead of Donald Trump's London visit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
So, with Trumps planned visit to the UK on July 13th, apparently theirs quite a few protests expected to take place... One of which, is to fly a giant baby Trump blimp over parliament, during Trumps visit.

A crowdfunded campaign to launch a giant "Trump Baby" blimp into the skies above central London during US President Donald Trump's upcoming visit to the UK, has smashed fundraising targets.

More than 10,301 pounds ($18,427) has been crowdfunded to get the six metre-high, orange inflatable figure up in the air — smashing the original target of $9,000.

The anti-Trump activists behind the campaign are determined to have their sentiments known by the President himself.

www.abc.net.au

"Donald Trump is a big, angry baby with a fragile ego and tiny hands," the crowdfunding page said.

Unfortunately though, London Mayor Sadiq Khan has apparently not given the activists permission to fly baby Trump over parliament, during Trumps visit... Describing the baby Trump blimp as art and not a legitimate protest.

Not to worry though, since during Trumps visit to the Uk, he's expected to visit one of his golf courses in Scotland... According to the activists, baby Trump likes golf and may even drop past.

Baby Trump will fly... lol.

+45 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

What a pointless waste of 10 grand , goes to show you can crowd fund anything these days , fools and their money easily parted.

+35 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Sorry but I've gotta say this endeavor is "childish."

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
That's hilarious.

May he get to see it, and we all get to see his reaction to it. I wonder if his chief of staff will even let it be known to him that it exists, of if he'll be completely blindsided by it....

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

He's been disliked in the UK since the 1990s and not much has changed since he became POTUS.

I'm hoping he chooses the London stage to finally demonstrate his famed jedi powers. He can reputedly see in four dimensions at once and there are rumours that he's uplevelled and now has FIVE DIMENSIONAL vision. He won't need his Gandalfian powers to see what's in Theresa May's future lol.

He'll be ridiculed over here and I hope he can summon a protective spell or something. Maybe he'll create world peace and then have a rest on Sunday? It'll keep the naysayers quiet and give us all something to look forward to. Is it coincidence the weather's been so good as his visit approaches? I think not...

Hopefully he'll cast Boris, Khan, Gove and May into another dimension or use his magic to make them better servants of society. If he's really on form he could maybe turn Gove into something slimy and weaselly.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Like he doesn't know what's going on on the Net? He knows about this. He's got people that will inform him. It's like his mix up with Trudeau. They both knew what was going on. That's why I think they were in collusion with one another.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

If he's really on form he could maybe turn Gove into something slimy and weaselly.

Perish the thought.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

And what exactly is the point of this???

Okay, so some people fly an 18 foot tall balloon of Trump in effigy as an infant...so what? What does this achieve? What goal is desired or achieved?

ETA...If I were Trump I'd probably fly Marine One as close to it as (safely) possible for a photo op.

edit on 7/1/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

there's plenty of worse ways to spend money. the blimp is funny. like trump.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The first human in history to carry a litter picker whilst wearing cufflinks. What an incurable asshole.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

I don't think it's funny at all , like him or not Donald Trump is the President of the United States and should be afforded the respect that brings on his visit.
I don't have a problem with people protesting his visit but the blimp is mockery not protest.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

uh yea you're not funny what's your excuse? this is strange gald they had funds to do it instead of helping the homeless.. maybe one day you will understand.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

.....If he's really on form he could maybe turn Gove into something slimy and weaselly.

All the prerequisites are indeed already there, all it needs is a little nip-and-tuck!

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

To be fair, he doesn't behave with much decorum so it's only natural others will respond in kind. Then again, I've seen him being quite mature and diplomatic a few times so if he brings his A-game the detractors will be the ones looking stupid.

Dignity will win over a few people and he can do the usual Twitter abuse when he's on his way back in AF1.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

A baby blimp Trump .. That's original. It's perplexing to watch this generation act like perpetual asses.. Just my opinion but, can't they deal with their indifferences in a more subdued way? Something more sensible and adult like?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I agree with ya, dignity goes a long way... just saying

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Its a waste of money, but it is funny.

link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
That's hilarious.

May he get to see it, and we all get to see his reaction to it. I wonder if his chief of staff will even let it be known to him that it exists, of if he'll be completely blindsided by it....

If he has any sense of humor (and I think he does) he will get a kick out of it.

This is a ridiculous waste of money but we all gotta lighten up a little on this one....it's hilarious! Seriously people, lighten up.

link   
It's cute. They think they are protesting while the rest of the world knows they are simply projecting!

Let baby trumpy fly!

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Maybe some on the left are correct, that the populous can be taxed a higher rate. If they have this much extra money around to donate to this....

I feel bad for everyone that donated, so much hate in them, it’s sad and no way to live

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join