It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat House candidate gets pepper sprayed in the face

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Yes he did. He got pepper sprayed to make a point about guns in classrooms !!

He says this is better than guns.

Great campaign ad !! 😃

Dem House candidate gets pepper sprayed in the face in campaign ad

A progressive House candidate in Colorado has released a campaign ad in which he gets pepper sprayed in the face as part of his call to combat violence in schools.

In the ad, posted last week, Levi Tillemann criticizes President Trump’s plan to arm teachers and school officials with firearms as a way to combat potential school shooters.

“I’m calling on Congress to stop talking past each other and try something new,” Tilleman says in the ad. “Empower schools and teachers with non-lethal self-defense tools, like this can of pepper spray.”

"This Will Save Lives -- Levi for Colorado"
gotta be a better way !

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think all members of congress should rigorously test..on themselves...the pepper spray. For validity...and science!

No in seriousness, all it would take is a simple mask to combat any measure of spray defense.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I think all members of congress should rigorously test..on themselves...the pepper spray. For validity...and science!

No in seriousness, all it would take is a simple mask to combat any measure of spray defense.

Like the Aurora, Colorado theater shooter and many others have done.

You think Levi would know this considering he is from Colorado and one of the prominent speakers in his video is from Aurora.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I appreciate the thoughts outside of the box. But pepper spray could turn an enclosed space (a class room), into a room full of visually impaired victims.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

What's the range of that spray stream of pepper toxins? Can is spray as far as a bullet?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
I appreciate the thoughts outside of the box. But pepper spray could turn an enclosed space (a class room), into a room full of visually impaired victims.

Wonder why this former Obama guy didn't get the science reports on that ?

😷

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
If you're running for Congress, it's probably not a good idea to run an ad where you have to face-palm yourself.

However, if his Congressional bid fails, he could use this as an audition tape for Jackass.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
lol, just saw that idiot.

I'm not even gonna try to justify his idea.

Someone slinging lead and who is gonna get close enough to spray him in the face?

Maybe with a bucket of rocks as supressive fire?

Might as well throw box jelly's at him.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Yes he did. He got pepper sprayed to make a point about guns in classrooms !!

He says this is better than guns.

Great campaign ad !! 😃

Dem House candidate gets pepper sprayed in the face in campaign ad

A progressive House candidate in Colorado has released a campaign ad in which he gets pepper sprayed in the face as part of his call to combat violence in schools.

In the ad, posted last week, Levi Tillemann criticizes President Trump’s plan to arm teachers and school officials with firearms as a way to combat potential school shooters.

“I’m calling on Congress to stop talking past each other and try something new,” Tilleman says in the ad. “Empower schools and teachers with non-lethal self-defense tools, like this can of pepper spray.”

"This Will Save Lives -- Levi for Colorado"
gotta be a better way !

I am all for ways to protect the children. They could install these in 5 foot increments within the walls of schools, each on it's own circuit. Then whoever is on guard duty can release accordingly. Also maybe moats around the school would help keep out people wanting to cause harm. Maybe stun guns built into the walls also. I guess I have a thing for walls.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This guy hopefully goes to every high school in Colorado to perform this non-lethal demonstration.

One high school a week.

He’ll live but his eyes won’t. But it’s all about non-lethality.

Go get ‘em Sparky!!
edit on 4918x6749America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

The only argument would be if the spray was a surprise. As in the perpetrator was in no way prepared for such occasion.

Given the MSM taking this and running it, i'd say those chances dwindled.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
One time in middle school I brought a can of fart spray to school and raised all kinds of hell with it (much like the night before at the haunted house LOL). Imagine if they already had the pepper spray there ready for me to get into.

You know its possible to develop an immunity to the stuff, and theres a chem that makes one immune to Capsaicin (although not cheap or easy to come by we've joked about getting some to go beat those food challenges).

edit on 13-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Yep.

Bring pepper spray ... to a gun fight!

Idiots are idiots

Perhaps bows and arrows ....

Some people will actually vote for this guy. All hail democracy on action.

P

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
You don't mean like a pair of swimming goggles, or a mask for paintball?? I would like to see his spin when asked this question in public.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

OMG.

Am I the only one who watched this and thought "what a clueless wuss"?

Get that man to the rifle range.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Maybe this Dim House candidate can demonstrate how effective hard rubber bullets are next.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

This measure could have had a much better chance at success if they just did it.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
So, pepper spray can stop a guy ten feet away with a gun pointed at you? Yeah, as if I am going to let a burgler with a gun get that close and then pull out pepper spray.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I honestly feel embarrassed for the poor guy. He thought that was a great publicity stunt but it was mostly (totally?) pathetic.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join