It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some thoughts on North Korea and Kim Jong-Un.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Everyone keeps talking about North Korea, and how they can't be trusted. I get it. They're a hermit kingdom and have been run by the Kim family, brutal dictators since 1948.

The punk running it now is different. He's enamored by the west, unlike his father and grandfather, who could've given a rat's ass about western culture.

Kim Jon-Un's classmates reported that while in class, he would sketch pictures of Michael Jordan. He was obsessed with basketball and video games. That explains why he was so drawn to Dennis Rodman.

He's starstruck. You know he watched Rodman on Celebrity Apprentice. He's likely a bit starstruck by President Trump, too. He told Trump that he was the only president who could've made it happen. (Well, he was the only president who was on a TV show with Dennis Rodman!)

The Gulags in his country were not likely established by him. He's only been in power since 2011 - yes, 7 years. Now, before you ask why he would carry on in his father's and grandfather's brutal ways, think about something:

Imagine how this kid was raised from the time he was a baby. The things he saw. The things he was taught. The way he was raised to be. It's pretty much unthinkable. We are products of our environment, and our early lives shape us. Yet, he seems to want what he's never had, right? Yes, he's a killer, no doubt. He's tortured his own people, just as his predecessors.

He's known nothing else. Let them all out of the prison camps? And do what with them? Let them roam the streets, hungry and dying? He's probably thinking that he has no idea what to do about any of it. No clue how to get out of the mess he was born into and was expected to continue - to embrace.

Well, maybe this guy doesn't want to embrace it anymore. Maybe he carried all this crap on as long as he could, but now just wants more. MAYBE he wants - really wants - to change.

God, I hope so. I have no idea. But it kind of makes sense. He came into power during President Obama's administration. NOBODY has ever had the opportunity to really sit down with this man-child and see if there is any window for peace.

I say it's worth a shot. It could only have ended badly anyway. No sympathy for little rocket man. Just some hope that he has a dream to be more like us, and this is his chance to maybe ... just maybe ... do it.

That's my .02. Maybe I could've thought this out more, but for me, it's probably good enough.

Thanks for indulging me. Pray for peace - if that's what you do to make things happen.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

I’ve always thought Michael Jordan headed to NK would really being peace no bs. It’s always been said Kim idolizes him. Hell I do to!!

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
My thoughts exactly!

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
CNN is crying about how they are being called "The Enemy" - Its funny because Don Lemon is on there saying how normal people are calling him Fake News on the streets now and how Trump is single-handily ripping down the MSM's credibility. LOL

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Ummm...well...it’s also good enough for me...

You have to get into the psychology of the man in order to try and understand what motivates him...

What you’ve just stated is a pretty fair start along that path...

Think about it...he was schooled in Bern Switzerland where he had a taste of what western society had to offer...

Further...think about that return home...how it must have rankled and eaten away at him...

I contend that all of his seemingly rabid pursuit of nuclear weapons...was so that he could one day stand on that podium and be judged...not by the past...but by a future rife with positive possibility...

IMHO...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I said this in another thread right before the summit, about how he went out with a group of his entourage to walk the town. If you're born as the child of a dictator do you go full survival mode and play the game, or do you resist and get removed? Maybe he hasn't been in a situation where he can pursue this option until this point, just think of the structure his country has been in this entire time, have to satisfy the hard liners while keeping up appearances. Now that the whole world is watching it's much more difficult for those groups to try and wrestle back power without outside intervention.

I don't know, I just hope that in the 45 minutes they spent talking together Kim said to Trump "You gotta get me out of this, I never wanted this and have had to do what I needed to survive." That's my hope at least.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
the entire reason this is happening is because Kim thinks Trump is going to keep his word

I only know this because I grew up around criminals so I know how it works and in the criminal world they only work with federal officers who keep their word

I can't imagine this is any different

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Have thought similar in regard to kim .
Along with what saw when saw him on 3 occasions while he was here in singapore for the meeting with trump . Also saw his sister twice while they were here in singapore . Unfortuneatly due to security laws here was not able to get any pictures of them on the occasions that saw them as singapore takes security very serious at all times it was even more so during the summit .
think he already has a plan to both bring about peace along with improve things for his people .

with all the hate stirred up against him by the u.s and western media he has a long hard path ahead him to make things better for his people and for the region .

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

You and I are having similar thoughts. S&F, and a few extras:

Now please get out of my head.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

You and I are having similar thoughts. S&F, and a few extras:

Now please get out of my head.

TheRedneck

LOL, Thanks. I just feel like nobody has giving him an honest chance. Sometimes you need to sit down with people like Kim and get into their head and see what is REALLY going on besides what the MSM tells us. Obama would never do it, or even try. But Trump did. So yeah, lets see what happens.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
No matter how this turns out it is a win for Trump because he at least tried. If it turns out good then it will also be a win for NK.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
I said this in another thread right before the summit, about how he went out with a group of his entourage to walk the town. If you're born as the child of a dictator do you go full survival mode and play the game, or do you resist and get removed? Maybe he hasn't been in a situation where he can pursue this option until this point, just think of the structure his country has been in this entire time, have to satisfy the hard liners while keeping up appearances. Now that the whole world is watching it's much more difficult for those groups to try and wrestle back power without outside intervention.

I don't know, I just hope that in the 45 minutes they spent talking together Kim said to Trump "You gotta get me out of this, I never wanted this and have had to do what I needed to survive." That's my hope at least.

Even dictators have a deep state. If they/Kim shows an opening someone will try to replace them..

The North Korean Military generals made rank during his father's and grand father's reign and are a brutal no joke force that must be kept under his thumb if he wants to survive. Yep he is in a tough spot but he is also ever bit as cruel as he needs to be to make the appearance of being the head tough guy..

Kind of reminds me of the head dude that cuts important pieces of your body off before he cuts your throat.. After a day at the torture chamber he then goes home and plays with the kids and kisses the wife... Just a job and survival for him..

Regardless of which side of the political spectrum you find yourself IMO Trump did good; a hell of a lot better than those who went before him... Hopefully something lasting will come out of all the hoopla ....

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   

People tend to think in terms of their own life experiences. North Korea, whether one considers the unwashed masses or the ruling nobles, is completely different from anything any of us have ever experienced. The masses live in abject poverty with no information other than what the rulers choose them to have, and the rulers rule with an iron fist. It is really a modern rendition of the middle ages.

So yeah, let's see what Kim's got. Give peace a chance. Redneck like peace.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I have said a number of times Kim is in prison, no mater how rich he can get he has a life sentence if he doesn't change that. You know he wanted to go to the winter Olympics, but could not. He wants to see Paris in the spring, and see the White House and 500 other things he can never do if he doesn't change something that was created 70+ years ago.

In the past the status quo was to play hard ball with NK to force them to give everything up with no concessions on our part. This didn't work as NK developed up to 30 nukes under Obama and past Presidents. Kim is a bad person from our view as Saddam was, but when we removed Saddam something 10 times worst filled his place that was pure evil. When we look at NK it is easy for us to suggest Trump was bad, gave too much etc, BUT we are talking about the lives of 10s of millions in NK and at a minimum 20 million in Soul that all can died very quickly if we don't change things.

Is this something we want to just say he can't be trusted and go back to the old ways or do we change things up to make that change, to make him believe he needs that change, wants that change, trust that change?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

"Hope for the best...Prepare for the worst."

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Don't give this jackhole the benefit of the doubt... It's getting to be really weird that Americans and other lovers of freedom are trying to justify this asshole to give Trump a win.
In Hail of Bullets and Fire, North Korea Killed Official Who Wanted Reform

SEOUL, South Korea — In late 2013, Jang Song-thaek, an uncle of Kim Jong-un, the North Korean leader, was taken to the Gang Gun Military Academy in a Pyongyang suburb.

Hundreds of officials were gathered there to witness the execution of Mr. Jang’s two trusted deputies in the administrative department of the ruling Workers’ Party.

The two men, Ri Ryong-ha and Jang Su-gil, were torn apart by antiaircraft machine guns, according to South Korea’s National Intelligence Service. The executioners then incinerated their bodies with flamethrowers.

Atrocities Under Kim Jong-un: Indoctrination, Prison Gulags, Executions

A network of prison gulags

Many North Koreans live in fear. That is by design, and it is reinforced by the country’s ruthless police state.

People accused of political crimes are arrested and sentenced to prison camps without trials, while their families are often kept in the dark about their whereabouts. Up to 120,000 inmates were in the country’s four major political prisons in 2014 and were subjected to gruesome conditions, according to the United Nations report.

Christianity is deemed a ‘serious threat’

North Korea considers the spread of most religions dangerous, but Christianity is considered a “particularly serious threat” because it “provides a platform for social and political organization and interaction outside the realm of the State,” according to the United Nations report.

‘Deliberate starvation’ as a play for power

More recently, the inmate population in North Korea’s political prison camps has been culled through “deliberate starvation,” the report found, adding that suspects are also starved “to increase the pressure on them to confess and to incriminate other persons.”

When the 2014 report was conducted, it found that hunger and malnutrition were still widespread problems among the general population, and deaths from starvation continued to be reported.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Still a bit strange after all this recent hard talk these two dudes had.

Maybe they found some dirt on Kim and they will expose it if he does not work with them.
It went all a bit fast.

I would not be surprised if they have some sort of sex tape on Kim

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaamaan

I would not be surprised if they have some sort of sex tape on Kim

He is a demi-God in his county..Would a sex tape mean anything?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
No lol rummer has it kim likes women even more then Trump .
Matter of fact kim would probably just brag again just like Trump .

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

what's really amazing is how the opposition is working so hard to find fault here. Can Kim be trusted? not likely, but it sure would be great if he follows through. Peace would be a great change to the way things have been.

And if things don't work out, then it all back to business as usual. Sadly, the #tards on the opposition will try to find fault with that as well. Ignorance on display.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join