It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama dismisses Pyongyang’s bid to halt nuclear tests

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Old article from April 2016 has xPrez Obama commenting on North Korea !!

Get a load.

What a toad.

Different agenda, different results I guess 😃😃

Wonder if Obama was "setting up" an insurance policy in case Hillary lost?

Press TV – April 25, 2016

US President Barack Obama has rejected an offer by North Korea to ditch its nuclear tests in exchange for Washington’s suspension of joint annual war games with South Korea.

Obama, who was speaking Sunday at a presser in Hanover with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, said, “We don’t take seriously a promise to simply halt until the next time they decide to do a test these kinds of activities.”

“What we’ve said consistently… is that if North Korea shows seriousness in denuclearizing the Korean Peninsula, then we’ll be prepared to enter into some serious conversations with them about reducing tensions and our approach to protecting our allies in the region. But that’s not something that happens based on a press release in the wake of a series of provocative behaviors. They’re going to have to do better than that.”

"I never trusted Obama"

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And what did Obama do about NK, exactly ?

ZERO

And what did Obama do about Americans held in NK jails, like Warmbrier ?

ZERO, again.

But Obama appeals to superficial pseudo-intellectual narcissist leftists, easily fooled by Obama's drivel and appearance, despite his abject lack of substance. It mirrors who they are.

edit on 13-6-2018 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Thats ok. The US , Dennis Rodman , and Kim Jong Un have already dismissed the epic failure that was Obama .

edit on 6/13/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

yeah, I pretty much dismiss all 8 years of that stooge Obama.

MAGA

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

How am I supposed to take a source like you just provided seriously? Aletho news? Who is that?
The source you provided has zero citations.

But if you dig deeper and actually google the quotes you can see that it's not Kim who makes the pleas, it's a spokesperson on behalf of Kim.

How on earth was Obama supposed to take NK serious when it wasn't even the nations leader talking to him?

"We don't take seriously a promise to simply halt until the next time they decide to do a test these kinds of activities," Obama said. "What we've said consistently ... is that if North Korea shows seriousness in denuclearizing the Korean Peninsula, then we'll be prepared to enter into some serious conversations with them about reducing tensions and our approach to protecting our allies in the region. But that's not something that happens based on a press release in the wake of a series of provocative behaviors. They're going to have to do better than that."

local12.com...

Here's the thing.

Obama wanted to meet with Kim, he really did. But at the same time Kim wanted to prove himself as a true leader, and did it in all the wrong ways. Obviously he learned that he can't just send henchmen to talk for him and needed to do it himself to be taken seriously. It just so happened Obama wasn't in office when what has just recently taken place happened.

Stop ragging on Obama for trying to be a strong leader. In the end it was the world and America who won, not Trump himself.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

How am I supposed to take a source like you just provided seriously? Aletho news? Who is that?

You missed the best source !!

Read it again.

😃

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Graphic display of WEAK vs STRONG.
twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

What source?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Obama dipschliyztky lahwhozaher.....dang

My auto fill is whackt....

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
so how does he explain Iran?????

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

even Rodman has said in the last couple days, he brought the same desire for capitulation in some regard by the Norks, and he blew it off. For Christs sake he PAID the mullahs of Iran and theyre still spinning centrifuges...inspection free

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

What source?

I would assume these since they were on that date range.

Obama dismisses N Korea proposal to 'halt' nuclear tests
www.bbc.com...

Obama rejects North Korea's nuclear offer: 'You'll have to do better than that'
www.theguardian.com...

edit on 13-6-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Stop ragging on Obama for trying to be a strong leader. In the end it was the world and America who won, not Trump himself.

Trying to be but failed

And America won thanks to Trump.

Like Mowie says “your welcome”

edit on 13-6-2018 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

And what did Obama do about Americans held in NK jails, like Warmbrier ? ZERO, again.

If I'm not mistaken, 10 Americans held by North Korea were released while Obama was in office. The only one that wasn't released before Trump took office was Otto Warmbier, the last to be taken (in Jan 2016).

So on its face, your comment is just flat wrong. There's no two ways around it. Just you making # up.

Since Trump has been in office, three American prisoners have been repatriated, including two that were imprisoned after Trump was in office.

But Obama appeals to superficial pseudo-intellectual narcissist leftists, easily fooled by Obama's drivel and appearance, despite his abject lack of substance. It mirrors who they are.

And Trump appeals to people who make # up.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

You missed the best source !!

Read it again.

😃

There is no other source bro. That site is complete crap and you know it. I would say stick to your day job but I think we all know what that is by now...
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Obama. Now HE is the epitome of "all hat and no cattle"! (Or, as Schumer says, "all cattle and no hat"--hahahha--dumb^$$e$.)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Rumor has it that former President Obama tried to call Kim Jong a couple of weeks ago, but didn't get through.

That rumor is FALSE/FAKE. Barack Obama did reach Kim. A transcript of the conversation was posted to a Twitter feed.

Transcript: twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

Trying to be but failed

And America won thanks to Trump.

Like Mowie says “your welcome”

What did America win?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

So who does obnoxious, loud mouth, xenophobe, dotard, bafoon, isolationist trump mirror?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join