It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump is Better Than You

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If you were to compare President Trump to any of the myriad people who spend their conscious hours opposing him, nine times out of ten you’d be comparing the exception to the mean, the legendary to the forgettable, the trophy case of history to its proverbial dustbin.

But we should compare them nonetheless, because one of them lives and is sometimes employed to disparage the other, while the other is out there trying to make well on his promises and do right by the people who elected him, and even those who hate him.

That’s what makes anti-Trumpism so gut-wrenchingly hilarious, but at the same time ironic and pitiful. With the amount of scorn, bullying and hatred emanating from anti-Trumpers, one might expect that they were in some way or another better than the President, perhaps higher up the food chain, more successful, more influential, more powerful, more likely to be a memorable chapter in world history. But given the contrast between their own lives and the life of the man they hate, their criticisms resemble less and less legitimate scrutiny, and more and more the symptoms of an inferiority complex.

Nonetheless they have taken it upon themselves to malign the President in nearly every breath, using terms of ridicule and hatred, all of which seems to happen from a very, very safe distance. This is easy enough to do for someone who will never attain the vast heights of Donald Trump, who will never be in the same position, who will never have the same amount to lose, and most of all, will never be in the same vicinity as the very man they are opposing. It is not a coincidence, but a convenience, when someone makes a life of speaking ill of others behind their back.

I often think of it—given the chance for a face-to-face, would they be able to jeer at the man they vehemently oppose, instead of continually making a show of it to their friends and online? Given that chance, would they have the stones to caricature and dehumanize the President like they do when he isn't around? Perhaps. I suppose an anti-Trumper like Robert DeNiro could, so long as he wasn’t too busy signalling his anti-Trumpism to a cheering crowd of his peers. (I am still unsure whether he is signalling his opposition or desperately trying to remain relevant). But then again, given that actors are paid liars, it’s difficult to separate the man from the act.

Still, what I wouldn’t give to see a vehement anti-Trumper in the President’s position, under the same level of scrutiny selectively offered by the politically correct establishment and their obsequious followers. If he wasn't already a career politician, I wager he would melt under the pressure. In the end he would surely adopt the public/private view approach of PR politics, where every speech, every public appearance, every robotic delivery, is formulated to placate and flatter the masses rather than engage with them.

But, alas, I will never get such satisfaction. There is, however, one trifling thing I can always be certain of when listening to an anti-Trumper, and can always use as a vast well of comedy and laughter:

Donald Trump is better than you.

LesMis

+26 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It's not healthy to idolise other people like this ...

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'm just a fan.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

"Donald Trump is Better Than You"

At Oompa Loompa impersonations and sexual assault i imagine.

+31 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

It's not healthy to obsessively demonize Trump either but that's still a popular game.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
On a professional level not many can compare to him. Obviously. If you measure your life in terms of wealth and personal possessions.

But morally?

He just heaped praise on a guy that has people living in concentration camps.

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

On a professional level not many can compare to him. Obviously. If you measure your life in terms of wealth and personal possessions.

But morally?

He's not better at being politically correct, that's for certain. You guys have that one covered.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I’ll make a deal with you: if everyone on the right stops trashing Hillary and Obama ( both of whom are way more powerful and successful and rich than anyone on ATS), then we’ll all stop trashing Trump.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I’ll make a deal with you: if everyone on the right stops trashing Hillary and Obama ( both of whom are way more powerful and successful and rich than anyone on ATS), then we’ll all stop trashing Trump.

Both right and left hate Trump. You guys have become strange bedfellows.

+5 more 
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Who put you in control of free speech?

link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Well with the ammunition Trump freely hands the public it may well be an art form rather soon.

link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

It's not healthy to obsessively demonize Trump either but that's still a popular game.

I agree but that's not the topic of the thread.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Nyet !!

🎃🤷🤭

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
And a good example of that, from both left and right, Pelosi and Shapiro, who are criticizing Trump without having any knowledge of the deal at all. Here a few days ago they were criticizing Trump for being adversarial toward North Korea. Now he's gone and done the unthinkable and shook hands with Kim, and they go ballistic! The credibility of these knee jerk no-nothing critics is fading like a popsicle in the hot sun.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Nobody, but the OP could put Hillary and/or Obama’s name in his thread in place of Trump, and be just as correct. They are all better than you.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Anti/Trump people are losers. Pure and simple, undeniable Fact, no dispute. They Lost and are bad losers.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Nobody, but the OP could put Hillary and/or Obama’s name in his thread in place of Trump, and be just as correct. They are all better than you.

You don’t know me but not a surprising comment coming from you.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I would hope he is? I mean he has way more expertise and money than me. I like Trump too

Trump needs an award

edit on 12-6-2018 by Disenchanted1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: PistolPete

But morally?

We have people living in Prisons .. more than anyone else..

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

No way is Donald Trump better than me.

Just a few hours in the sun and I get an awesome golden bronzed tan... No need to look like a bloody orange raccoon.
edit on 12-6-2018 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join