It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Shapiro explains how bad Trump’s NK deal really is.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
My bet is there will be a deal to use North Korea's slave populace to make stuff for the rest of us.
I really hope Kim changes but as history has shown many times before the dictators normally get ripped to pieces when the government changes.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

You really think that an entire country that wants to build nukes only had ONE testing site?

NK? Yes. I believe that. I may be wrong, but I don't think they have the funds to have more than one, which is another reason Kim agreed to this meeting.

I think Trumps first priority, and rightfully so, was to get the nuke situation on the table and start from there. You don't want to hammer someone over there treatment of their citizens when discussing their disarmament. You have to start out in a fresh place where agreements can be made.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: scraedtosleep

You really think that an entire country that wants to build nukes only had ONE testing site?

NK? Yes. I believe that. I may be wrong, but I don't think they have the funds to have more than one, which is another reason Kim agreed to this meeting.

They probably did have just one testing site, but I don't think due to funds. You essentially just have to dig a mine to test underground, and that's relatively cheap when you have the slave labor they do. The reason they likely only had one site is they're a relatively small country and it had to be isolated enough where it didn't effect their population or allow too much radiation into neighboring countries, which would obviously trigger a response.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Well Mr Shapiro we would not have a nuclear no if Mr Bill Clinton did not give them to nuclear reactors that they used to breed plutonium . The reason that rocket man came willingly to said summit because most of his nuke production facilities suffered a diasterous accident in September so they really have no way to build or develop more and really why must we have troops on the border their for 70 years the south Koreans need to be able to run the show now we can still arm them but why must we foot the bill to protect their borders?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Trump didn't give away anything.

And three hostages, repatriated remains and a true commitment to peace is not "nothing" by a long stretch. The hostages alone are very much "something"

Additionally, bringing home our troops/cutting military spending (when possible) is always a virtue. Again, not a bad thing.

Considering the degree of brainwashing, it is clear who is giving the left's marching orders. Corporatism and MIC beneficiaries.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Yes.. I absolutely think they had only one testing site. All explosions were narrowed to that one location. It's a major endeavor to dig out a mountain and create a safe testing facility for nukes. Personally I don't think it was originally built taking into account the future increase nuke output they were more recently testing, and thus the collapse.

Without that testing facility, there goes their threat of testing nukes. They can still hurl non-nuke missiles around, but their treat of an actual nuke atop of one greatly diminished without the ability to test larger nukes for a bigger yield (i.e. bigger threat). So with the inability to saber-rattle nukes at countries, their only leverage was gone. So.. in an effort to ease sanctions.. I think that is why they are playing nice.

I mean.. Kim could have had an actual change of heart (kicked off during the Olympics, perhaps).. but he has a history of cruelty, as does their government.. so it's difficult to believe until I see it in action over time. Regardless, Trump and our government should not so easily just swallow whatever NK is feeding them.

<< 6  7  8   >>

join