It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 4 Minute Video Shown During The Summit That's Causing Leftists Heads To Explode....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

President Trump supposedly showed this short video to Kim Jung-Un, during their historic summit held in Singapore. It was a propaganda piece, aimed at persuading Kim Jun-Un to agree on denuclearization and show "possibilities for North Korea’s future if sanctions come off."

As part of his effort to get dictator Kim Jong Un to agree to denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, President Trump showed him a video that presented all the possibilities for North Korea’s future if sanctions come off.

In addition to the benefits economic development and innovative technologies would bring to the Hermit Kingdom, Trump also emphasized what developing the country’s beaches could do for the nation.

townhall.com... 9821

Some commentators on YouTube, think that this video was a "insane shallow amateurish propaganda piece," a "shallow piece of international politics," and "some sort of joke." Not too long ago, North Korea released "propaganda" videos, showing their nuclear missiles striking the United States. This video, showed how peace will open opportunities for North Korea and increase prosperity for their people. According to some reports, Kim Jung-Un has agreed to "work toward dismantling his country’s nuclear program virtually immediately.”

President Trump, on the heels of his historic summit with Kim Jong Un, told Fox News’ Sean Hannity that he believes the North Korean leader will begin to work toward dismantling his country’s nuclear program “virtually immediately.”

The president left Singapore after the two leaders signed a document stating Pyongyang would work toward "complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula."

Trump said at a press conference that he will be ending joint military exercises between the United States and South Korea. He also said Kim agreed to destroy a “major” missile testing site, but did not offer specific details.

“His country has to be de-nuked and he understood that, he fully understood that, he didn’t fight it,” Trump said.

www.foxnews.com...

Obviously, we'll have to wait and see if Kim Jung-Un is sincere, in his desire to change his ways and advance his country towards peace, for the benefit of his people. If this United State's "propaganda" video helps in achieving that peace with North Korea, then it was a brilliant move IMO. However, anything president Trump does, is often scrutinized and ridiculed by mainstream news outlets, so it wouldn't surprise me if this bashing continues. Here's a good example of this:

Mara Gay, an editorial board member for The New York Times, suggested Monday on MSNBC that the meeting between North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un and President Trump exists to distract from the Russia investigation.

dailycaller.com...

Instead of saying "F@ck Trump," like some elite, Liberal snob said, I think all Americans should say "Thank you" to president Trump, for at least trying to establish peace with the North Koreans.

+31 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It really is sad. Even a year ago, could you imagine that "liberals" would be aghast at the thought that we're about to have peace with an enemy that's been around for 60 years now?

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It’s not causing heads to explode round these parts.

I don’t like trump, I am a “liberal”

Yet my head remains intact, it’s not exploded and I actually think he and his administration have actually done something amazing with the progress they have made.

I just hope that we don’t all start squabbling about this with threads from the right trying to bash the left with it or threads with the left trying to pretend this isn’t a big deal.

edit on 12-6-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Would you put any money on that?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny
Dude my head exploded and now it’s gone.
Good thing my hands are still here and I can type

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Too late on both accounts, but I won’t be letting that stop me from enjoying the potential for peace. I am so happy that we are at least trying to move towards a safer world. War and especially nuclear war are no longer acceptable.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Kind like how the Right lost their # when Obama sought to open up relations with Cuba.

That said all I've really seen coming from the Left is cautious optimism. Meanwhile the Right actually did lose it over Cuba.

+28 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Liberals freaked out when they thought we might go to war with NK, now they are freaking out over the idea of peace with NK.

Some people just wanna freak out I guess.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The 4 Minute Video Shown During The Summit That's Causing Leftists Heads To Explode....

No heads exploded.

Peace is always a good thing. partisanship has nothing to do with it.
edit on 12-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Kind like how the Right lost their # when Obama sought to open up relations with Cuba.

That said all I've really seen coming from the Left is cautious optimism. Meanwhile the Right actually did lose it over Cuba.

they did?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
So, do you all think maybe with the ousting of MSM being corrupt and fearmongering to the masses that the global conciseness has change to a more positive outlook causing the start of positive change within the world? Such as the pending new diplomacy that the U.S. and SK are forging with NK and the possible denuclearization of NK.
I mean a year and a half ago I could not believe how many ppl where suggesting just nuking NK. It blew my mind.

~Morpheus

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
It really is sad. Even a year ago, could you imagine that "liberals" would be aghast at the thought that we're about to have peace with an enemy that's been around for 60 years now?

uhmm, no.....why?......because liberals and conservatives know that the U.S. has been down this road many times with north Korea...what's really sad is that you don't have a clue about the many good-faith attempts made, during the last few decades for peace with north Korea....to me...same s**t, different president.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Oh, I agree, but unfortunately, common sense is sometimes suppressed by hate.

She argued that many in the press have a "pathological" personal loathing for Trump that's been exacerbated by the fact that he's having successes and following through on campaign promises.

insider.foxnews.com...

The left, so blinded by its ideology and consumed with hate toward President Trump, refuses to acknowledge the peace and prosperity he’s bringing to America and the world.

www.bostonherald.com...

The summit is nothing more than a glorified photo-op, but optics count. These flag-heavy photos will greatly extend the influence and the power of both these men – particularly Trump, who will be credited with having tamed a small but vicious beast.

Anyone else feel slightly uneasy as if this is a modern day Munich Conference moment where both leaders can go home and claim “peace in our time” before ending up going to war because the other side wasn’t playing by the rules they’d agreed on? Rather than a peace conference, this could well be the prelude to war that neither side will win.

So sad to see Trump the POTUS showing more affection and genuine handshake to North Korea than to his own allies like Canada and Germany. Have now lost all respect for the man. I shudder for all our democracies when the so called leader of the free world shows more love for a dictator.

What plenty of people suggested would happen is that despite all the pre-summit promises that nothing much would happen and nothing much has happened. You can blame Trump - he promised a lot and has delivered little. A nice photo-op though.

www.theguardian.com...

Former CIA chief of staff Jeremy Bash slammed the summit between President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on Monday, saying it was disgusting to see the U.S. flag alongside that from the "despotic regime" of Pyongyang. "A summit is not an accomplishment for the American president," Bash told MSNBC's Brian Williams. "It is a major accomplishment for Kim Jong Un. In fact, the spectacle of seeing the American flags along with the [North Korean] flags as the backdrop for that handshake is really jarring, actually, to see, to witness. In fact, I would say it's somewhat disgusting. It is actually a debasement of the American flag," he continued.

thehill.com...

Dems rip Trump concessions, 'embarrassing' rhetoric with Kim

thehill.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
1) Lefties heads are not 'exploding'.

2) You don't have to be a 'leftie' to be opposed to Trump. Plenty people on the right are appalled by him too.

3) Gloating about the joy you feel when Trump does something that upsets people is really not a good way to form foreign policy.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Cause the left wanted to turn Cuba into the biggest resort in the world......But that sorta backfired...cause there's TWO Castro's and the left simply forgot about the younger one.....Resorts on hold till he kicks off and they get back in power...which I hope is when hell freezes over.
edit on 12-6-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA
So, do you all think maybe with the ousting of MSM being corrupt and fearmongering to the masses that the global conciseness has change to a more positive outlook causing the start of positive change within the world? Such as the pending new diplomacy that the U.S. and SK are forging with NK and the possible denuclearization of NK.
I mean a year and a half ago I could not believe how many ppl where suggesting just nuking NK. It blew my mind.

~Morpheus

maybe Russia can quit the killing of millions of it's own citizens now in frozen gulags, and with widespread starvation...that would also be a positive sign
edit on 12-6-2018 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Don't throw Conservatives in your narrative. Look up the word "optimism." That word doesn't exist for Liberals concerning anything Trump does.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

"Plenty?" Maybe in your distorted view of the world.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yep. They had an issue with Obama dealing with an authoritarian regime. Funny how that rationale doesn't seem to apply with North Korea.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Amusingly enough, Obama got bashed or communicating with a communist dictator, now, they are ignoring the fact that Juche is North Korea's state ideology, and Kim is a dictator

as long as some countries hold nuclear power there will never be "peace" forcing some countries to denuclearise and not their own and others is just more imposing power and authority over supposedly "sovereign countries/nations" or, so, people preach about

<<   2  3  4 >>

join