It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Life must exist according to the Laws of Physics

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I say Alien life must exist because the universe is fine tuned to for life to exist. We look at this in the wrong way. We go from planet to planet and say can life form here or can life form there when:

1. We don't know if life formed on earth.
2. We don't have any evidence that the universe will have a hard time forming life based on the Laws of Physics.

We should look at planets and say are the conditions right for life to evolve. I think life forms and is seeded on planets and it can thrive on some planets like earth but it will have a harder time evolving on other planets. I think we will find microbial life everywhere. Also intelligent life would be spread throughout the universe.

This is because the universe is fine tuned to produce life, stars, moons, galaxies, comets and more. The constants of nature and the Laws of Physics tells us that this universe has no choice but to produce life.

The universe favors earth sized planets. Why? Just because? No, it favors earth sized planets because the Laws of Physics tells us that life will form in a universe like ours and as far as we know, earth sized planets are the best places for life to evolve.

Here's a new paper that talks about Octopus eggs lol. What this shows is that life doesn't form on planets. It most likely forms in space and seeds planets. One of the things they say is this:

The transformation of an ensemble of appropriately chosen biological monomers (e.g. amino acids, nucleotides) into a primitive living cell capable of further evolution appears to require overcoming an information hurdle of superastronomical proportions (Appendix A), an event that could not have happened within the time frame of the Earth except, we believe, as a miracle (Hoyle and Wickramasinghe, 1981, 1982, 2000). All laboratory experiments attempting to simulate such an event have so far led to dismal failure (Deamer, 2011; Walker and Wickramasinghe, 2015). It would thus seem reasonable to go to the biggest available “venue” in relation to space and time.

evolutionnews.org...

Here's a link to the paper:

www.sciencedirect.com...

So life originates in space and I believe was designed by intelligence.

I want to know, how a universe like ours can't produce life. Also, we could be Alien life that didn't originate on earth and to life on other planets we would be the Aliens so we can't be so egocentric when talking about these things. Going from planet to planet is fine when we're looking for the best places for life to evolve.

We need to stop going from planet to planet and begin a scale as to how life will evolve under different conditions. Here's an article from National Geographic that's about how Aliens may look.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

I think when you go planet to planet, you have to look at if the planet has the right conditions for life to exist. I think all planets have the right conditions for life to exist or be seeded but not all planets will allow life to evolve. I think life finds a way and even on the planets with the worst conditions, it finds pockets where it can survive. Just look at extremophiles.

5 Creatures That Can Survive the Most Extreme Conditions

So you think you’re pretty tough, don’t you? You think you live on the razor’s edge of life? Well, compared to many creatures on this planet, humans are soft. We like sunlight and water, and we can’t get too cold or too hot or else we’ll die. But extremophiles can live in downright hostile environments.

www.ibtimes.co.in...

The paper also says this:

The most crucial genes relevant to evolution of hominids, as indeed all species of plants and animals, seems likely in many instances to be of external origin, being transferred across the galaxy largely as information rich virions.

evolutionnews.org...

The question is, how did the virions become information rich. So you're just kicking the can.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

The problem is we haven't found it yet, even in the simplest forms...

We've been to all of the planets in the inner solar system, and cruised by the rest...

We have found the "building blocks" of life... but still no actual life...

perhaps fossilized bacteria... maybe

And im sure one day we will find it somewhere... unfortunately thus far, its only here

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I’d be looking for the seed bank.

But if you don’t know how life started, then you don’t know what to look for.

Need a special council, maybe when mueller finishes finding Russian collusion he can Find life on other planets.

Let him complete his investigation, don’t interfere.

Lol. Couldn’t help it!

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

What? "...the universe is fine tuned for life to exist"?
Since when? The universe is full of all kinds of radiation, flying rocks, small dust particles so fast they put a hole in the strongest materials, explosions everywhere, ....
Earth is fine tuned for life. That much is true. But take away the Moon and the magnetic core and you get a wobbling rock without seasons and atmosphere.
How many planets have we found with magnetic core and a moon, or something similar that keeps the axis stable?

None. If you don't mind me answering my own question.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

We've been to the Moon and sent rovers to Mars. We haven't explored every planet in the inner solar system. This is why these future missions are planned.

Mars 2020

The Mars 2020 rover will investigate a region of Mars where the ancient environment may have been favorable for microbial life, probing the Martian rocks for evidence of past life. Throughout its investigation, it will collect samples of soil and rock, and cache them on the surface for potential return to Earth by a future mission.

Europa Clipper

NASA's Europa Clipper will conduct detailed reconnaissance of Jupiter's moon Europa and investigate whether the icy moon could harbor conditions suitable for life.

The mission will place a spacecraft in orbit around Jupiter in order to perform a detailed investigation of Europa -- a world that shows strong evidence for an ocean of liquid water beneath its icy crust and which could host conditions favorable for life. The mission will send a highly capable, radiation-tolerant spacecraft into a long, looping orbit around Jupiter to perform repeated close flybys of the icy moon.

Wide Field Infrared Survey Telescope

WFIRST, the Wide Field InfraRed Survey Telescope, is a NASA observatory designed to settle essential questions in the areas of dark energy, exoplanets, and infrared astrophysics. The telescope has a primary mirror that is 2.4 meters in diameter (7.9 feet), and is the same size as the Hubble Space Telescope's primary mirror. WFIRST will have two instruments, the Wide Field Instrument, and the Coronagraph Instrument.

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

Why is NASA preparing these missions if we already searched these planets? Here's some more headlines:

It’s Official. In 2025, NASA and the ESA Will Land on Europa to Look For Alien Life

futurism.com...

NASA Research Gives Guideline for Future Alien Life Search

www.nasa.gov...

NASA Mulling Life-Hunting Mission to Saturn Moon Enceladus

www.space.com...

NASA develops AI for future exploration of extraterrestrial subsurface oceans

phys.org...

If we already explored these planets, what's the point?

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Or life on Earth could be the first of it's kind in the universe.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Or the only life that can get off their planet.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   

What is this based on? I think if you say because we're on this planet and therefore that's evidence that excludes life from existing on other planets, I think that's just egocentric.

We visited the Moon and that's it. Look at these numbers.

Hubble Reveals Observable Universe Contains 10 Times More Galaxies Than Previously Thought

One of the most fundamental questions in astronomy is that of just how many galaxies the universe contains. The landmark Hubble Deep Field, taken in the mid-1990s, gave the first real insight into the universe's galaxy population. Subsequent sensitive observations such as Hubble's Ultra Deep Field revealed a myriad of faint galaxies. This led to an estimate that the observable universe contained about 200 billion galaxies.

The new research shows that this estimate is at least 10 times too low.

"It boggles the mind that over 90 percent of the galaxies in the universe have yet to be studied. Who knows what interesting properties we will find when we discover these galaxies with future generations of telescopes? In the near future, the James Webb Space Telescope will be able to study these ultra-faint galaxies, said Conselice.

www.nasa.gov...

These numbers just blow your mind:

The Number Of Earth-Like Planets In The Universe Is Staggering - Here's The Math

What they do know is that based on measurements of portions of the sky and extrapolation, that there are about 100 billion stars in our galaxy and up to 10 trillion galaxies in the universe. That means up to 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars. About 7.6% percent of those stars are class G stars (like our Sun).

That means there are up to 76,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars similar to ours and almost all of them have some form of planets. Based on the Kepler observations, it is now estimated that a quarter of those stars have at least one rocky planet similar in size to the Earth and in the habitable zone.

That means there are up to 19,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars similar to ours with at least one planet similar to Earth.

www.forbes.com...

We're a type 0 civilization that has visited the Moon. I can't fathom that we will use that data point to come to the conclusion that w're the first or only life in the universe.

edit on 11-6-2018 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Life as we know it is like fungus on a loaf of bread in just the right conditions.

Give that life or fungus a chance and it'll begin creating it's own little habitat, I've always seem two distinct possibilities as to why life is so abundant here.

1. The physics just happened to be perfect so everything was nurtured into complexity

2. Things were changed over a long period of time and the Earth is a living planet, manipulated by life.

They're opposite thoughts in a sense, I believe the 2nd conclusion makes more sense. To me anyways. We have a few earth-like planets in our solar system, they may even have life. But they haven't "Terra formed" anything.

The experiment you mention and linked... It's a numbers game, we'll probably see a second genesis given enough time and resources. If/when life was created on Earth it's worth noting it had a full planet to do it on.

Then again we don't have enough information. I try not to jump the gun.

Is it extremity that evolves life or protection?

We're shielded from a lot of nasty stuff on Earth, but Earth itself is brutal and we can be hit from external influences too. We always figured our neighbouring bodies, mainly Mars and Venus were dead in comparison. We keep finding cycles and potential for exploit-ability.

So what is life and how does it start? Are extremophiles the epitome of life or is it something else?

Personally I like to believe that evolution is a bitch, often enough evolution comes with mutual benefits amongst species but that is most definitely not the rule in regards to history.

Triceratops didn't develop it's horns to feed the carnivorous beasts of the day, tree life does not have a vast arsenal of chemicals producible within it's DNA to enable it to share the Earth. Quite the opposite really. But life finds a way around any obstacle given half the chance. Especially when other life is the biggest threat.

Food or # off, it's generally the latter and in a very rude way.

I'll leave the post here as it's already getting long, Earth life is unique, doesn't mean life is. I do feel Earth's are rarer than you believe though and vast evolution isn't a favoured trait of life.

It's survival.

Good, thought provoking thread
I'm looking forward to further comments by the community.
edit on 11-6-2018 by RAY1990 because: Spelling, checking ppst

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Don't go putting words in my mouth.

I said it could be, which is only a thought.

But as far as observable clear cut evidence there is none for life existing outside of Earth, which I might add does not mean there is not life outside of Earth.

To dismiss the thought that life in this Universe originated on Earth is very close minded also.
edit on 11-6-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

That is true.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Don't go putting words in my mouth.

I said it could be, which is only a thought.

But as far as observable clear cut evidence there is none for life existing outside of Earth, which I might add does not mean there is not life outside of Earth.

To dismiss the thought that life in this Universe originated on Earth is very close minded also.

You mean observable evidence that you have observed yourself, which it sounds like you haven't. You have no knowledge what other people have observed.
Just because there isn't public official and academic confirmation of something concrete does not mean it doesn't exist, or that no one has ever seen it, it only means you haven't seen it. You don't speak for everyone. But the same thing you just said is often parroted by some scientist, or some other public figure, as if they know. They only know what they know personally. Having most all of society agree on something like "nobody knows for sure" is also completely false. It is only true for those who agree with it based on what they know or don't know.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Just because we have not found scientific definitive proof of life outside earth's biosphere does not mean it is not there. It just proves our science is primitive or there really is no life; very doubtful IMO..

There have been many articles about some gas cloud that was discovered to contain the building blocks/amino acids of life. Each new discovery gives more credence to the Panspermia theory. Earth has/was seeded by comets or asteroids just as everything else in the universe has been seeded. Just keep seeding until something grows..

Europa probably has smokers in it's deep ocean as does a few other moons in the outer solar system due to tidal forces of the parent planet.. If there are smokers then there MIGHT be life that does not depend on photosynthesis just like there is on earth.

Some of these arguments remind me of the crew of Columbus wanting to turn back before the ship fell of the edge of the earthen sea......

True no scientific evidence unless you count the 1000s of UFO and Alien reports that are published every year. All it takes is ONE factual report and then the naysayers will probably still find something to naysay ! hahah

I will close with this: Earth and our sun are not the old kids on the block when you consider the universe is 13.8 billion years old by our best guesstimate.. There are red dwarf suns that were burning before our solar system was born and will continue to burn long after our sun goes kaput. There are opportunities in every nook and cranny of the known/unknown universe for life to get a foot hold and thrive.. Without the Permian extinction event our earth today would be a whole lot different and none of us would be here...Just one of many extinction events that brought us to present day earth.

edit on 727thk18 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   
A paper is not proof the conditions to generate life actually exists from solar system to solar system.

And the dear old earth that is conclusive to life has good through how many periods of mass extinctions before man over showed up?

A paper is no proof of extraterrestrial life. Physical evidence of extraterrestrial life is proof of extraterrestrial life? What has SETI found so far?

Why do people get hung up on there has to be extraterrestrial life, even if it’s just fungus, like people get hung up on religion. There is life out there or not. It will be found when it is physically found. The impatience is telling of an emotional condition and biased view.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Just because we have not found scientific definitive proof of life outside earth's biosphere does not mean it is not there. It just proves our science is primitive or there really is no life; very doubtful IMO..

There have been many articles about some gas cloud that was discovered to contains the building blocks/amino acids of life. Each new discovery gives more credence to the Panspermia theory. Earth has/was seeded by comets or asteroids just as everything else in the universe has been seeded. Just keep seeding until something grows..

Europa probably has smokers in it's deep ocean as does a few other moons in the outer solar system due to tidal forces of the parent planet.. If there are smokers then there MIGHT be life that does not depend on photosynthesis just like there is on earth.

Some of these arguments remind me of the crew of Columbus wanting to turn back before the ship fell of the edge of the earthen sea......

True no scientific evidence unless you count the 1000s of UFO and Alien reports that are published every year. All it takes is ONE factual report and then the naysayers will probably still have something to naysay ! hahah

I will close with this: Earth and our sun are not the old kids on the block when you consider the universe is 13.8 billion years old by our best guesstimate.. There are red dwarf suns that were burning before our solar system was born and will continue to burn long after our sun goes kaput. There are opportunities in every nook and cranny of the known/unknown universe for life to get a foot hold and thrive.. Without the Permian extinction event our earth today would be a whole lot different and none of us would be here...Just one of many extinction events that brought us to present day earth.

There are space clouds of beer too. Pine brewery makes beer to drink in space.

Volstock?

There is life in more places we can dream of, just look where we find it here.

Do they have tech to communicate? Get here?

Are we life so different we fly under their radar?

Do they think of finding us?

We cant figure ourselves out, let alone them.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Of course alien life must exist , its only common sense.

The only people who cant accept it are the religious because of that little phrase in the bible that says "god made man in his own image."

To the religious it means, that other intelligent life forms, let alone other MORE intelligent life forms than humans, simply cannot exist can it? That would not do would it? It just doesn't fit with established dogma.

How would the religious explain it? It might mean having to admit that the bible is wrong and god did not say that he made man in his own image but they cant have that either can they?

The religious leaders, know the only way they can accommodate aliens in the bible is to go into a huddle and say that god made made man like himself and that he made aliens too.

No matter what they do they cannot get out of it with any credibility.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Since when? The universe is full of all kinds of radiation, flying rocks, small dust particles so fast they put a hole in the strongest materials, explosions everywhere, ....
Earth is fine tuned for life. That much is true. But take away the Moon and the magnetic core and you get a wobbling rock without seasons and atmosphere.
How many planets have we found with magnetic core and a moon, or something similar that keeps the axis stable?

It is not like we have searched all the planet's in the universe. Maybe we have searched 000000.1% or less. So, we cannot really go with what we know So far.

I think the chances of life in the universe is stupidly high, but thst is just my opinion. Will not know until we actually find life outside my planet.

But i believe we could find other forms of life in our own solar system in about 10 years.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   

This was an interesting read on the Mar rover and life.
www.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

From the fires of chaos, emits an eternal spark. life. human. the vagrant virus that consumes all.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

It is a cold and lonely realisation that we are the last of life in an even colder and lonelier reality.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join