It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lower The Voting Age?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
By lowering the voting age they want to open the option for lowering the age of consent. I personally would disagree with that. We honestly don't need more perverted manipulation victims, of any stripe, do we?

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Do you disagree with 16 for the UK as age of censent?
Personally I would avoid #ing a 16 year old but it is legal, and I wouldn't protest to make the age 18.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by:okrain

I've been around plenty of people with this so-called life experience. Sure, they experienced it, but they can't remember it. And certainly don't understand the world we live in now. This world might as well have been a foreign planet to my grandparents before they kicked it.

As a great grand parent I say .....Hats off to them they all managed

to get by without needing special *cosseting* or *safe places*

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
NO.

If a 28 year old like David Hogg can't even figure out politics then 16 year olds shouldn't be allowed to vote either.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: theatreboy

instead of an age restriction is should be an intelligence restriction. i just dont know how to go about that.

people are stupid man and not just kids.

we have some #in half mongos out there and that is a major problem.

not just with voting age though that is the major one.

My wacky idea would be for a 10-question quiz on every ballot, with questions taken randomly from our naturalization tests. For every question answered correctly, the voter gets 10% of a full vote. Final tally of correct answers gauges the voting power of the ballot. So if the person scored 10/10, they get a full vote. If they scored 6/10, their ballot is worth 0.6 votes. Rinse and repeat.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

At what age can you join the military and fight for your country ?
That is the age you should be able to vote.

18 years of age normally, but I have heard about 17-year-old kids being accepted under special circumstances.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: seeker1963

Yes, I get ya

My now early 20's son didn't want forces or university, he's now a plumber earning more money than me lol
He voted for the first time when we had the referendum to leave the EU...he voted leave good lad, and took his own pen same as me because they only offer pencils in UK polling stations...conspiracy or what!

Yes this. ☝

Me and the Mrs took our own pens too. Good lad indeed.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Furthermore, it makes me wonder how many pencil votes were erased. I wonder if the true number of leave voters was actually much higher than what we were told.

Never ever vote with a pencil or online.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Lower the voting age

Yesterday for the very first time I watched the reality TV show 'Love island' due

to the hype.

For those who dont already know It is about the real life antics of a mix of twelve

good looking males and females, none older than 26 years, and tweaked to within

an inch of their lives

Yesterday's episode was to be a change from the normal, ( hair fiddling, looking

daggers and generally whinging) there was to be a serious discussion!! ...

The EU.

Now this is where it gets sad, very sad ..... They knew little or nothing about the

EU the most that came out from their conversations was ..... they thought they

wouldn't be able to holiday abroad in Europe again when we left the common market !!!

That was from 18 to 26 year olds and you want to give them the vote at 16yrs.

edit on 9-6-2018 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join