It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans woman wants 50K because Muslim woman refuses to wax xir's testicles.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: KatWouldKillYou

If it's not a service they provide to any male (male genitalia) -- then there's no discrimination.

Has nothing to do with being transgender.

edit on 12-7-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

If it's not a service they provide to any male -- then there's no discrimination.

I agree with that, I kinda thought that is what I said.

My medical example is like when a woman demands a vasectomy and the doctor tells her ???no???. she cant sue on the basis of equality that men are allowed to get a vasectomy, but they won't let her because she's a woman. It's the same reasoning, just exaggerated.
edit on 12-7-2018 by KatWouldKillYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: KatWouldKillYou

If it's not a service they provide to any male -- then there's no discrimination.

I agree with that, I kinda thought that is what I said.

My medical example is like when a woman demands a vasectomy and the doctor tells her ???no???. she cant sue on the basis of equality that men are allowed to get a vasectomy.

Yes, it is what you said.

I just try to use as few words as possible.

A post-surgery transgender, still having male genitalia, needs to accept they can not be treated the same (in a physical capacity), as they should be if they had surgery.

I think in the US this might be thrown out of court.

Don't know about U.K. law.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Personally, I believe any business owner should be able to refuse to serve anyone for any reason at any time, whether based on race/skin color, religion, sex, mental illness (ie trans). the business will either thrive or not, on its own merits.

Fact is Equality had to be forced.

Define 'Equality'. Forcing someone at gunpoint to accept someone else's delusional belief as valid isn't 'Equality', it is PC criminal nonsense.

My experience is having a disabled mom. Prior to the Disability Act -- she was denied service at restaurants and other businesses.

Bulls!@t. Maybe she was denied service at some restaurants, but I guarantee it wasn't at all of them.

What you and your Mom should have done is find restaurants that would serve you, then if you like, spend time picketing the ones that wouldn't.

Instead, you picket government thugs to 'pass laws' forcing business owners to spend tens of thousands of dollars against their will.

We were once forced out of a restaurant, in the middle of our meal, because another customer complained he felt uncomfortable.

I seriously question this claim. Yes, to be blunt, I think people make crap up all the time to 'support' their assertions. This one just doesn't pass the smell test.

One of the main issues with a physical disability is exhaustion. So easy, to say -- go somewhere else -- when you're not dragging around a 10 pound brace and walking on crutches.

So be sure ahead of time the place you are going isn't going to treat you like crap.
edit on 20-9-2018 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Personally, I believe any business owner should be able to refuse to serve anyone for any reason at any time, whether based on race/skin color, religion, sex, mental illness (ie trans). the business will either thrive or not, on its own merits.

Fact is Equality had to be forced.

Too broad a statement.
In most cases forcing equality is unnatural, inappropriate, and dangerous
The wonderful thing about humanity is that we are all individual and yes, unequal in almost every way. That's good.
As long as there is equal opportunity and equal application of the law we are fine.
Beyond that, it's great that some people have more than others, achieve more than others, are stronger than others, smarter than others, quicker than others, more attractive than others, more emotional than others, more caring than others, more happy than others...

We're not all equal and never will be.

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join