It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My visit to The Skinwalker Ranch, 2018

page: 50
<< 47  48  49   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

I’m not totally sure, but I think they are used to predict landing sites.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Your ridiculous comment "armchair debunkers - And these are the people who do not want to get to the bottom of something, they just want to debunk, because that is what they like to do" is complete garbage and a reflection of your own lack of research and knowledge into that accusation. If you look at the skeptics on this forum you see most, if not all, will back up their skepticism with evidence, research, and a description of why they don't believe an incident or the story of an eyewitness - aka "get to the bottom of something" If I see a photograph or video which I don't think is a UFO that someone claims, I make a point to post a screen shot or photo outlining or pointing out why I don't believe. If I think a story is questionable I will write a description of why and any evidence I have found after researching. I have done this many times. Writing is not my strong suit so I try to include visual information when I can. I think my Roswell thread shows I do deep research into cases and not just a cursory look at them. If I had the luxury of writing the same type of threads with JAL 1628, Betty and Barney Hill, or other cases I would. But I was disappointed that I was not challenged more by those who believed Roswell was a crashed alien spacecraft. Might as well be blog info.

So saying in effect that debunkers are lazy when it comes to debunking and research, is BS. James Randi mainly debunks the paranormal but Philip Klass did extensive research into UFO/aliens and did add much needed understanding to some cases. For those to say he didn't seems more like a defensive lashing out than an educated response.

originally posted by: Jay-morris
I know you most prob spent a day going through my history, and the best you could do was come up with three examples that prove absolutly nothing.

Again, I did not search through your entire history for a day to only come up with 3 examples. My search only went to late 2017 and I became bored and stopped. Look at the dates of your posts in the links I provided after your quotes and you'll see this. You've been a member for 9 years and have 3,770+ posts. I don't have hours nor the interest to read over all your postings. That's a waste of my energy.

I'm saying you contradict your stance every time you associate yourself with or argue for those who are diehard believers in Earth-bound ET. Friedman has not successfully taken down debunkers. Listen to his "debate" with Robert Sheaffer here and tell me if he comes out ahead. He continues to support the Hill star map. He argues for the Yukon UFO as if the evidence doesn't show this was a rocket reentry. This is not a person to support or argue for and you support his nonsense by doing so.

My comments are off topic and I'm becoming bored with this discussion. Comment as you will but I'd rather focus on other things.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

I wouldn't discount Stanton Friedman so easily. He absolutely comes at it from the belief angle and might be biased. But, the Debunker come at it through a purely scientific angle of what is known today. Science didn't move forward by relying on what we knew today but opened up to ideas and theories that yielded progress of mankind's technology.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

Ok Ct.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ectoplasm8

Your ridiculous comment "armchair debunkers - And these are the people who do not want to get to the bottom of something, they just want to debunk, because that is what they like to do" is complete garbage and a reflection of your own lack of research and knowledge into that accusation. If you look at the skeptics on this forum you see most, if not all, will back up their skepticism with evidence, research, and a description of why they don't believe an incident or the story of an eyewitness - aka "get to the bottom of something" If I see a photograph or video which I don't think is a UFO that someone claims, I make a point to post a screen shot or photo outlining or pointing out why I don't believe. If I think a story is questionable I will write a description of why and any evidence I have found after researching. I have done this many times. Writing is not my strong suit so I try to include visual information when I can. I think my Roswell thread shows I do deep research into cases and not just a cursory look at them. If I had the luxury of writing the same type of threads with JAL 1628, Betty and Barney Hill, or other cases I would. But I was disappointed that I was not challenged more by those who believed Roswell was a crashed alien spacecraft. Might as well be blog info.

So saying in effect that debunkers are lazy when it comes to debunking and research, is BS. James Randi mainly debunks the paranormal but Philip Klass did extensive research into UFO/aliens and did add much needed understanding to some cases. For those to say he didn't seems more like a defensive lashing out than an educated response.

originally posted by: Jay-morris
I know you most prob spent a day going through my history, and the best you could do was come up with three examples that prove absolutly nothing.

Again, I did not search through your entire history for a day to only come up with 3 examples. My search only went to late 2017 and I became bored and stopped. Look at the dates of your posts in the links I provided after your quotes and you'll see this. You've been a member for 9 years and have 3,770+ posts. I don't have hours nor the interest to read over all your postings. That's a waste of my energy.

I'm saying you contradict your stance every time you associate yourself with or argue for those who are diehard believers in Earth-bound ET. Friedman has not successfully taken down debunkers. Listen to his "debate" with Robert Sheaffer here and tell me if he comes out ahead. He continues to support the Hill star map. He argues for the Yukon UFO as if the evidence doesn't show this was a rocket reentry. This is not a person to support or argue for and you support his nonsense by doing so.

My comments are off topic and I'm becoming bored with this discussion. Comment as you will but I'd rather focus on other things.

You know what! You will get more sense out of a brick wall than a debunker like you!

If you are going to get evidence that I am a believer that some of these UFOS are ET, at least get some real evidence instead of posting my past postings that proves that you are just feeding your own belief.

Also, if you have bothered to look properly at my history, you would have seen that I have changed my opinion on certain cases because of skeptics. Esp Phage and Oberg.

You think you are in the same league as the good skeptics of here because you like to say words like "critical thinking" lol

What I cannot stand is debunkers like you, who clearly know little about urology. If you really believe that Klass was good for urology, then clearly you know nothing about urology.

So, I put you in the same category as hard-core believers who believe 100% that ufos are ET. Both groups heavily rely of their belief.

Again, if you are going to accuse me of being a believer that some ufos ARE ET, then at least be bothered to back that up!

You have spent most of the time putting words in my mouth. Please, stop doing this to suit your beliefs!
edit on 22-7-2018 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

A little civility on both your parts would be good. Let's not drift this thread with inter-personal disagreements and arguing

We can all change our perceptions and opinions as freely as we wish and we MUST examine our own confirmation bias when it comes to this subject to maintain objectivity and consider other perspectives we would not have otherwise.

edit on 22-7-2018 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400

A little civility on both your parts would be good. Let's not drift this thread with inter-personal disagreements and arguing

We can all change our perceptions and opinions as freely as we wish and we MUST examine our own confirmation bias when it comes to this subject to maintain objectivity and consider other perspectives we would not have otherwise.

Sorry, just do not like someone calling me something I am not
Its annoying!

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

The only one doing that here is you! I responded to your weak argument including James Randi as some great debunker. Dude, you brought it up first!

I never mentioned James Randi for the 10th time.

Without mentioning him how could I make an argument?

Forget what I said earlier, keep this insanity coming, its hilarious

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

The only one doing that here is you! I responded to your weak argument including James Randi as some great debunker. Dude, you brought it up first!

I never mentioned James Randi for the 10th time.

Without mentioning him how could I make an argument?

Forget what I said earlier, keep this insanity coming, its hilarious

So you edited your post to cover up your Randi comment, so what. You do like to lie, don't you!? You're not worth my time or space on this thread. Don't bother replying. I'm muting you.
edit on 22-7-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

So you edited your post to cover up your Randi comment, so what.

Yeah keep this insanity coming.

I actually had a feeling you make this crap up.

an edited post shows when it was edited.

Pg 47, I told you where it was, there is no edit.

Keep this BS coming.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JeremyCorbell

hey jeremy, what was all that nanoman stuff about? and has anything else related to that happened?

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

john lear

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

cosmic trickster

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49   >>

join