It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More guns = more gun deaths

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

Ban rocks? Ban pointed sticks?

This has been a major issue for years now. (Sorry. Couldn't help it).

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Harpua

...and whose criteria are we going to use to decide if one is "mentally healthy" enough to be able to purchase a gun?

What criteria, for that matter. Who? Some petty little bureaucrat with an ax to grind with the world, or just some in it? Some doctor with more degrees than years of experience with the real world?

Or better yet... Congressmen who are, as we all should know, for sale to the highest bidder?

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I have never shot anyone, now WHY would I give someone my gun? Just plain common sense here. What if I need it, like say my wife is being raped or something? Liberals are idiots to think anyone should give up a means of self defense. Seems to be a complete detachment from reality or common sense.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Harpua

Its true but is also basic math. Unfort, for basic math folks, we have a constitution and bill of rights and really a long history of salvaging the right to arms for the common man from the hands of "power".

Putting armed folks in schools not only protects what means the most to us. but also is preserving and exercising a right, and for the reasons intended in the right, ect. Think of the folks that died for that right on battle fields throughout rather. many more dead on the historical world picture due to being over powered by tyrants to cast this right off easy.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bulwarkz

Sorry we have something else, already government controlled, that takes the number one slot for deaths among children.

In 2016, there were approximately:
40,000 motor vehicle-related deaths
39,000 people firearm-related deaths
64,000 people drug overdose-related deaths

The latest provisional data from the CDC indicates that between June 2016 and June 2017, drug overdoses killed more than 66,000 people in the U.S. This marks a 16 percent increase from the previous 12-month period.

Imagine the numbers after the government take complete control of the guns.

We Asked, You Answered: Did Guns, Car Crashes or Drug Overdoses Kill More People in 2017?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join