It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Schiff Confirms Democratic Memo Contains ‘Sources and Methods’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

White House problems with the Democrats’ “rebuttal memo” on the surveillance of Trump associates are genuine and the document could disclose “sources and methods,” California Rep. Adam Schiff, the ranking Democrat on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence confirmed.
Link
So it appears that even Schiff came to his senses and decided it might not be such a good idea to release classified information.

I found this particular part of the story interesting.

He also somewhat backtracked on the Trump-Russia collusion issue, saying the Democrats’ definition of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia was much lower than potential criminal acts being reviewed by special counsel Robert Mueller. Collusion is not a crime under the federal statutes.

“I’ve never said there was proof beyond a reasonable doubt” about collusion, the California Democrat told reporters. “Our responsibility is not determining what can be proved to a jury beyond a reasonable doubt. Our responsibility is to tell the country as much as we’ve been able to learn.”

If collusion is not illegal what has this whole investigation been about?

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

And the back peddling begins. Glorious and tragic.

Now someone should file criminal charges against everyone knowingly and willingly involved.

edit on 2 14 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted

White House problems with the Democrats’ “rebuttal memo” on the surveillance of Trump associates are genuine and the document could disclose “sources and methods,” California Rep. Adam Schiff, the ranking Democrat on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence confirmed.
Link
So it appears that even Schiff came to his senses and decided it might not be such a good idea to release classified information.

I found this particular part of the story interesting.

He also somewhat backtracked on the Trump-Russia collusion issue, saying the Democrats’ definition of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia was much lower than potential criminal acts being reviewed by special counsel Robert Mueller. Collusion is not a crime under the federal statutes.

“I’ve never said there was proof beyond a reasonable doubt” about collusion, the California Democrat told reporters. “Our responsibility is not determining what can be proved to a jury beyond a reasonable doubt. Our responsibility is to tell the country as much as we’ve been able to learn.”

If collusion is not illegal what has this whole investigation been about?

To answer your last question...partisan politics, as usual!

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman
Right here is what CNN is reporting on the matter.

Rep. Chris Stewart, a Utah Republican, told CNN's Don Lemon on Tuesday that the FBI requested revisions or redactions of 47 items in the Schiff memo.

"It was obvious in the first two paragraphs, this can't be released. You read a little bit further, that can't be released," Stewart said. "You look at the footnotes, I think they've asked for revisions of 47 things in that memo. And that wasn't the White House, by the way, that was the FBI and the Department of Justice that asked for those revisions."
Link
So it wasn't Trump that didn't want the Dems memo released. It was the FBI and DOJ.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Its about distraction

Schiff essentially said exactly that without using the word ‘distraction’

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Schiff is also saying (whining) that the FBI and DOJ are requesting too many changes to his MEMO.
www.politico.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Okey collusion isnt illegal. Havent they been screaming RUSSIA since Trump got elected?

And The FBI and the DOJ were against releasing it?

Glad were clearing this silly confusion.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Yeah Schiffty is in deep now. He didn't factor in all the people unearthing all the skeletons from his past. He seem to lost some vocal support of his side as well. Wonder why. Well you reap what you sow. No deals scumbag.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
So , who believes "Shifty Schiff" anyway ?
Is there a name of a musical group in there ?

edit on 2/14/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
The funny thing is that the Dem memo was 10 pages. There were 47 items that needed to be redacted. That is 4.7 redaction's per page.

It seems as if the Democratic party needs to be taught what the word classified means.

If the had their way they would be leaking top secret information to everyone.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Yeah Schiffty is in deep now. He didn't factor in all the people unearthing all the skeletons from his past. He seem to lost some vocal support of his side as well. Wonder why. Well you reap what you sow. No deals scumbag.

Like the things most Democrats do, ADam Schiff didn't think things through. I don't think he can even strategize how win a checkers game. Chess? Forget it!

edit on 2/14/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
YAY Trump!

Sent it back and said clean it up!

I wonder where his rope factory is?

He seems to be giving out a lot of it lately.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted
a reply to: Gothmog

It seems as if the Democratic party needs to be taught what the word classified means.

When you consider that the party LEADER, Hillary, thought that the word "Secret" was a deoderant, their ignorance is understandable.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

When you consider that the party LEADER, Hillary, thought that the word "Secret" was a deoderant, their ignorance is understandable.

That's funny.

I can see old Hillary now handing out deodorant to everyone.

Except for Huma she gets a double dose ! for her and 1 for Weiner!

edit on 14-2-2018 by Diisenchanted because: to add

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Adam Schiff though, has more immediate worries. He's so distracted by investigations into the death that he's (allegedly) responsible for, that he's not thinking straight.

SOURCE: ______beforeitsnews/blogging-citizen-journalism/2018/02/qanon-fingers-the-standard-hotel-and-adam-schiff-2586444.html

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Wow.. Adam Schiff is coming at us with multiple ramblings today!

Another one: If you can't see that Trump Colluded With Russia, you're wearing blinders!

Source: www.usatoday.com...

Poor guy is actually cracking up. Apparently, Californians like people who don't fire on all cylinders. (Schiff - Pelosi - Waters - FeinStein)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Just gonna leave this here and say I called it.
Previous Post

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Distraction? They're distracting from what exactly?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Well well well... what an interesting turn of narrative... i wonder whats been said behind closed doors..

MAGA MOFOS!! All you babies crying about Russia and collusion better start pouring salt on those words - you r gunna be eating them shortly.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: samuelsson

They were against releasing Nunes' memo too. Strongly against it. Grave concerns was what they said.

But trump released that toot suite Because it left out anything that showed it didn't exonerate the whitehouse. Trump touted it as complete vindication. It was a lie.

The dem memo shows that Nunes committee did not give a complete picture of actual events.
Schiff also said he is okay with redactions but believes that no amount of redaction will suffice and that ultimately their memo will not be released.

Wow if this was Hillary or Obama you guys would be on fire screaming dirty pool.
You know it and I know it.
But since it's "I can get away with anything with these people" trump you're all thinking this is fair and just.
It is not.
edit on 2152018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join