It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s Science Advisor, Age 31, Has a Political Science Degree

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No where did I say otherwise, you do however need an engineering degree to design rockets despite what one's self-appointed corporate title may be.

I said that was my point, not yours. I didn't say you said otherwise. There is really no need to twist what I am saying here. I'm not trying to be combative. Anyways, according to Jim Cantrell, he learned enough to become lead designer of SpaceX, whether self-appointed or not.

Educated rocket scientists, and every space agency on earth, didn't have the combined expertise to build cheap rockets that could land.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The Falcon 9 borrowed heavily from NASA designs and used their funding. The Falcon Heavy is directly derived from that.

Point is, he is getting things done.

Maybe we don't have to hitch a ride with the russians anymore?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: jimmyx
...how could you possibly give advice on something if you haven't a clue about the subject???

James, you've been here as long as me, this place has seen it share of self-appointed experts on all subjects and topics who freely dispense advice regularly. The medical and legal advice is always some of my favorite.

yeah you're right, auggie....the amount of ridiculous wordplay shouldn't faze me, I've gotten up and walked away from this site for a few days on hundreds of occasions, when I thought people's statements couldn't get more absurd. to me, it's like using the phrase "all logic has left the building" as a valid response.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

wtf?......a science advisor HAS TO KNOW SCIENCE!!!!!....how could you possibly give advice on something if you haven't a clue about the subject???.......are you trying to appeal to stupid people, or are you just joking?

A lack of degree in science does not preclude scientific knowledge. The point about the OP is that he has a degree elsewhere, not that he doesn't know science.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

wtf?......a science advisor HAS TO KNOW SCIENCE!!!!!....how could you possibly give advice on something if you haven't a clue about the subject???.......are you trying to appeal to stupid people, or are you just joking?

A lack of degree in science does not preclude scientific knowledge. The point about the OP is that he has a degree elsewhere, not that he doesn't know science.

at least that's a valid statement....but, scientific knowledge is required to get a degree in science, just like medical knowledge is needed to get a medical degree

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

at least that's a valid statement....but, scientific knowledge is required to get a degree in science, just like medical knowledge is needed to get a medical degree

But a degree in science is not required to get scientific knowledge. I am arguing that a technocratic solution isn't always the best solution, especially in politics.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

But a degree in science is not required to get scientific knowledge. I am arguing that a technocratic solution isn't always the best solution, especially in politics.

Agreed. It's good to have a good foundation of logic and economics and sociology and some brains to understand the basics of what you're dealing with. But politics is about human values, and hard science isn't really built for dealing with stuff like that.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Trump said he would get the best people for his administration. I, personally, am willing to wait at least (AT LEAST) another 2 or almost 3 years for that to happen. We have to have faith in our president and America. He's not your average politician, he's a billionaire and always keeps his promises.

My advice? Ignore all the issues with his cabinet and just have faith it will happen later rather than sooner. Anyone who disagrees is just an un-American leftist who hates America and its values and wants everything about those values to be destroyed because they just can't stomach the fact that Trump is winning and that they lost the election. They're probably just lazy communists who want everything handed to them so their opinions don't matter anyways.

That isn't really a good plan since we already saw that happen with Obama. The same themes still fit Hillary as well. And even though you are using sarcasm to make a point, it actually fits perfectly and literally what best describes what happened under the Obama administration and all his loyal followers. Even the lazy communists tag fit many of those he hired..

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Educated rocket scientists, and every space agency on earth, didn't have the combined expertise to build cheap rockets that could land.

The DC-X was the precusor to the Falcon Heavy and their technology was given to NASA who then gave it to Space-X so the tech did exist, they invented it.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Point is, he is getting things done.

Maybe we don't have to hitch a ride with the russians anymore?

If you gave me billions in tax subsidies and breaks I'd get some things done too.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Egad! I almost forgot what the topic was! Honestly, we are talking about a political position here. The top advisors never know everything except how to communicate efficiently. They all have trusted sub-specialty-advisors to provide the actual technical and scientific data points. They just add their shine to make it understandable and sign their name on the line. I have no problem with this. They either lead effectively in their roles or will quickly be dismissed.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Trump said he would get the best people for his administration.

He did get some of the best people.

The problem is that they all came with some sort of "defects".

Finding the "perfect" person is the challenge.

Rob Porter may have beaten his wife, but otherwise he was, by all accounts, a talented individual, and certainly up to the job the white house had for him.

That White House job, in fact, did not require him to meet and greet any of his ex-wives, so it wouldn't have been a problem for him in performing his functions.

The only people with no "defects" happen to be people who haven't done anything at all in their lives. Again, Trump has tried a few of these too, but although they come without any blemishes, they also come without any talents, and are quickly found out and rejected by the interrogators.

So, what's a Trump to do?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Trump’s Science Advisor, Age 31, Has a Political Science Degree

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   

a reply to: Wardaddy454

RINO's stole the nomination from Bernie? Ohhh... I think you're saying RINO's are DNC operatives who vote and pander to the right almost exclusively until they say something that goes against party lines, then they out themselves as spies from words instead of actions! Who cares that they probably voted for Trump and voted Republican for years and years and years, they said something I don't like!

By the way, I seriously doubt that there are such things as DINO's who are Republican spies. That idea is ridiculous. Republicans wouldn't want Democrats to look bad, would they? They're the only non-corrupt party in existence and play fair all the time. So I'm going to continue acting like Democrats are the worst thing ever while ignoring anything bad the Republicans or Trump do.

Lol you don't get it. RINOs can be seen by how they vote. Public record. And there will be DINOs if the Dems continue on their current course with the current leadership.

But isn't the whole "I don't like what he said" thing your shtick? Your post history suggests as much.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join