It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s Science Advisor, Age 31, Has a Political Science Degree

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I guess understanding politicians is a science within itself worthy to stand among other sciences?

A job that's been held by some of the nation's top scientists is now occupied by a 31-year-old politics major from Princeton University.

And it's unlikely to change soon, observers say, leaving President Trump without a science adviser as the administration wrestles with a severe outbreak of the flu, lead-poisoned drinking water and record-breaking disasters that many scientists say are sharpened by rising temperatures.

More than a year into his term, Trump hasn't identified a potential nominee for the key position held by prominent scientists in Republican and Democratic administrations alike. And it stands to get harder. There's a razor-thin margin for Senate approval, and Trump's critics and supporters could complicate the confirmation of anyone who rejects mainstream climate science.

www.scientificamerican.com...

It's an ongoing Saga. The matter of staffing and the Trump administration. Last month we learned Trump's appointed 24 year old Drug Czar misrepresented his professional and volunteering background in the resume and was set to resign. Whitehouse secretary Rob Porter signed amidst domestic abuse allegations and now there's controversy going about that some senior officials were aware of those allegations for sometime.

This one is my favourite. Matthew Petersen. Trump's pick for federal judge who couldn't answer basic legal questions in and brutal comfirmation hearing. He never tried a jury trial either. Trump's judicial picks in general have been highly questionable and unqualified. Whitehouse has had to withdraw a number of them.

There's Betsy DeVos, appointed to head the department of education, who has never been a teacher or worked as a school administrator. Failed to give clear answers at her comfirmation hearing.

Then there's just the fact the administration is still riddled with vacancies and are facing a crises of losing staff.

This is the second year under the Trump Administration.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I heard that on occasion, we've had civilians in charge of the military.

PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER SERVED!

Madness!

Insanity!

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I guess understanding politicians is a science within itself worthy to stand among other sciences?

No, Poly Sci is the science of destabilizing and subjugating other nations.

How many men, how much will it cost, is there a cheaper way to destabilize a regime?

The politics of that is what they tell us in the News. Politics is the art of speaking without saying anything,

Science is the covert part.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
On the one hand, i am a fan of hunting differently. From my own personal experience, i have been in charge of projects that I had no experience in....and have typically outperformed expectations. This has made me value outside perspectives greatly.

On the other hand, i have to question what kind of breadth of knowledge a 24 year old could have, and what makes such a person viable for being the "drug czar"?

Had the establishment not threatened to blacklist people for working in his administration, i'd blame him for the vacancies. But the fact is, #resist made it impossible for him to execute the job he was elected for. And I find that to be utterly disgusting.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Trump said he would get the best people for his administration. I, personally, am willing to wait at least (AT LEAST) another 2 or almost 3 years for that to happen. We have to have faith in our president and America. He's not your average politician, he's a billionaire and always keeps his promises.

My advice? Ignore all the issues with his cabinet and just have faith it will happen later rather than sooner. Anyone who disagrees is just an un-American leftist who hates America and its values and wants everything about those values to be destroyed because they just can't stomach the fact that Trump is winning and that they lost the election. They're probably just lazy communists who want everything handed to them so their opinions don't matter anyways.
edit on 2/14/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
New and fresh people are evil, if he picked old people, that would be the evil establishment

Maybe Trump should have left Citigroup to pick his cabinet...

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

No, Poly Sci is the science of destabilizing and subjugating other nations.

How many men, how much will it cost, is there a cheaper way to destabilize a regime?

The politics of that is what they tell us in the News. Politics is the art of speaking without saying anything,

Science is the covert part.

Ever think about running for public office or doing something to change that?

Because it might be more effective than this near daily reminder that America is the only bad country in the world.

I don't recall threads like this from the numerous Obama appointees that had no relevant experience. Oh, and your vacancy article is dated July 2017. I imagine there are other such discrepancies in this OP, but narrative is everything right?

edit on 14-2-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I don't recall threads like this from the numerous Obama appointees that had no relevant experience.

My exact thoughts as well. Where was all this complaining when Obama was in office? I don't mean from the right because there was plenty of that, I mean from the left. If Obama did it then then Trump is totally justified in doing it now. Trump is completely different after all. I don't understand why people just can't understand that even though he is making the same kind of moves and mistakes as pretty much every other president that came before him.
edit on 2/14/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Just think, if he had a real "scientist" in that slot, he could have them run in the Oval, office, screaming about how we were all going to die or be burned up really soon, if we don't stop using fossil fuels, and then give him that puzzled look when he asks what the alternative is.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I don't recall threads like this from the numerous Obama appointees that had no relevant experience.

My exact thoughts as well. Where was all this complaining when Obama was in office? I don't mean from the right because there was plenty of that, I mean from the left. If Obama did it then then Trump is totally justified in doing it now. Trump is totally different after all.

Yeah exactly, I mean its lucky for Obama that his party owned the senate when he had to make a cabinet.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I know, luckily Trump's party owns the entire government now so I'm sure he'll get it figured out at some point, we just have to keep the faith and wait. Who cares for how long? I'm willing to wait at most another 6 to 7 years and if it isn't figured out by then it was the Democrat's fault 100%.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Wait a second. So a Political Science major is not a scientist?!

Does this mean a Liberal Arts major is not really an artist? No wonder that painting I bought when I was up at Smith College was awful.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I know, luckily Trump's party owns the entire government now so I'm sure he'll get it figured out at some point, we just have to keep the faith and wait. Who cares for how long? I'm willing to wait at most another 6 to 7 years and if it isn't figured out by then it was the Democrat's fault 100%.

I tell you its a shame that for senate confirmation, you need a simple majority (60 votes). Though Democrats did change this not long ago. But 52 Republicans give or take a few RINOs a cabinet does not make. It's almost as if people don't want Trump to succeed.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Wait a second. So a Political Science major is not a scientist?!

Does this mean a Liberal Arts major is not really an artist? No wonder that painting I bought when I was up at Smith College was awful.

Where have you been?! A jar full of piss and a crucifix is art these days. And things that involve semen, menstrual blood, and cooking to boot!

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

RINO's are the worst, you don't know who they are until they say something you don't like! Then they're Democrat spies all of a sudden. Sneaky bastards.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

RINO's are the worst, you don't know who they are until they say something you don't like! Then they're Democrat spies all of a sudden. Sneaky bastards.

Yeah! Remember when they stole the nomination from Bernie?! Hard to believe but it happened. I was shocked I tell ya.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Elon Musk has an economis degree. I guess he can’t make spaceships.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

"You didn't build that" - Obama

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

"You didn't build that" - Obama

The soviet union was a technocracy. Look how well that worked out.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

RINO's stole the nomination from Bernie? Ohhh... I think you're saying RINO's are DNC operatives who vote and pander to the right almost exclusively until they say something that goes against party lines, then they out themselves as spies from words instead of actions! Who cares that they probably voted for Trump and voted Republican for years and years and years, they said something I don't like!

By the way, I seriously doubt that there are such things as DINO's who are Republican spies. That idea is ridiculous. Republicans wouldn't want Democrats to look bad, would they? They're the only non-corrupt party in existence and play fair all the time. So I'm going to continue acting like Democrats are the worst thing ever while ignoring anything bad the Republicans or Trump do.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join