It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Racist" Trump signs H.R. 267 creating MLK National Historical Park....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Trump signed it. He could have vetoed it.

He could have vetoed it if he was an idiot and wanted to shoot himself in the foot.

are calling Trump a racist POS today for a non-story about something he did not actually say it seems.

It seems according to... Dishonest Donald? Durbin came out and straight up said that Trump had made the comments. Prior to that, two congressional aides confirmed them.

And since then Lindsey Graham has tacitly confirmed the quotes and according to Republican Sen. Tim Scott, Graham confirmed them to him personally.

“Following comments by the president, I said my piece directly to him yesterday," Graham said.

"The president and all those attending the meeting know what I said and how I feel," he added. "I’ve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals."

Durbin told MSNBC that Graham objected to the president's phrasing.

"My colleague, (Sen. Graham), spoke up and made a direct comment on what the president said," Durbin said.

He added "for him to confront the president as he did, literally sitting next to him, took extraordinary political courage and I respect him for it."

Graham only acknowledged he appreciated Durbin’s statements and has enjoyed "working with him and many others on this important issue. I believe it is vitally important to come to a bipartisan solution to the immigration and border challenges we face today."

Graham also reportedly confirmed hearing Trump's racially charged remark in a conversation with fellow South Carolina Republican Sen. Tim Scott.

Reached Friday at a Samsung appliance plant opening in Newberry, Scott said that Graham told him the comments, as reported in the media, were “basically accurate.”

Meanwhile, who there has come to Trump's defense? Oh, nobody? It seems that once more, Trump has lied and once more, you've believed it.

Why doesn't Don Lemon go on CNN and say, hey, my bad, looks like this is guy is not a racist bigot because NO racist bigot in the world would have signed it.

Because signing a piece of inconsequential legislation that he had nothing to do with doesn't prove anything about Donald Trump. Does it?

As I pointed out, LBJ who had a fondness for calling black people "n-gg-rs" signed the Civil Rghts Act of 1964 into law — a momentous piece of legislation that changed society profoundly and was highly contentious at the time.

Does that mean LBJ wasn't a racist? No. It means that he recognized the political expediency and signed his name on a piece of paper.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: EartOccupant
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So when he is doing something good it is out of a evil thinking
When he is doing something bad it is I told you so.
When he is doing something else it is a waste of time.

Got it!

I still think this is all going to backfire tremendously. They are not even consistent in their ridicilous hate for Trump anymore. They just don't know when to stop.

Really now?

So being against Trump for not following up on campaign promises such as "lock her up, build the wall, no more regime change, defeat IS in 30 days, repeal and replace," is not consistent?

Jesus, you guys want to give Muller a frickin lifetime to run his "investigation", but Trump has to fulfill all his campaign promises in the first year? You wouldn't be a tad bit unrealistic would you?

Keep watching, eventually, Hillary might find a justice department that she doesn't own.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Got it!

I still think this is all going to backfire tremendously. They are not even consistent in their ridicilous hate for Trump anymore. They just don't know when to stop.

Really now?

So being against Trump for not following up on campaign promises such as "lock her up, build the wall, no more regime change, defeat IS in 30 days, repeal and replace," is not consistent?

Didn't know you voted for him.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
What does everyone think Trump would say to MLK if he was alive today and said something critical of Trump?

What do you think the left would say about MLK if they became BFF's?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

What does everyone think Trump would say to MLK if he was alive today and said something critical of Trump?

Thought provoking.

I'm not going to leap to conclusions although I can confidently speculate that some people would lose all respect for MLK.

But they do share some common ground they could bond a friendship from -- both have been targeted by the FBI and perhaps both were even set up unfairly and spied on unlawfully by the FBI.

edit on 1/12/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Got it!

Really now?

Jesus, you guys want to give Muller a frickin lifetime to run his "investigation", but Trump has to fulfill all his campaign promises in the first year? You wouldn't be a tad bit unrealistic would you?

Keep watching, eventually, Hillary might find a justice department that she doesn't own.

Who is "you guys?"

Lol. I'd love to see Hillary locked up.

Uh, by the way, I'm not the one who said "I have a secret plan to defeat IS in 30 days," nice try, though.

I want to give Muller a lifetime for his investigation?

Care to provide a citation for where I made that claim? Don't worry, I'll wait.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Got it!

Really now?

Didn't know you voted for him.

How about sticking to the OP.

Where's the OP now to whine about off-topic posts?

I didn't vote for Trump. Would've been nice if he lived up to what he preached, though.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: RomeByFire

lock her up - it takes time
build the wall - prototypes done
no more regime change - hasn't happened
defeat IS in 30 days - took a bit longer but...
repeal and replace - No more Mandate and McCain is a traitor...

How about sticking to the OP. Go ahead and tell me how him signing this bill is bad.

Oh, so I should stick to the OP?

Why single me out, considering the number of comments who haven't been?

Trump is a bigot. Pot meet kettle.

Wow! Really sticking to the OP, there! Funny, you guys only care about comments that don't fit your narrative.

Again - she's not locked up, the wall is imaginary, the ACA is still alive, Russia defeated IS, we still arm/fund SA, people are beating the war drums on NK and Iran - but make all the excuses you want.

You got conned.

.I got conned by Obama Trump is still up for debate

Those who voted for Obama and Trump... keep on voting. The next person will be different.

Politicians and presidents never lie, especially when running for office.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: carewemust

I love how President Trump create chaos by being himself in one room, and then stroll over to the next venue and be relaxed and social. That's how you sleep well at night. Be yourself, thru thick and thin.

It's called allzheimers.
You're welcome

I suppose liberals will hope to win in 2018/2020 via personal attacks? I suppose that makes sense, when its the only ammunition you have.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

I love how President Trump create chaos by being himself in one room, and then stroll over to the next venue and be relaxed and social. That's how you sleep well at night. Be yourself, thru thick and thin.

It's called allzheimers.
You're welcome

I suppose liberals will hope to win in 2018/2020 via personal attacks? I suppose that makes sense, when its the only ammunition you have.

I think you miss spoke there. Personal attacks are 100% Trump's modus operandi. It was the most common thing he did during the primary and general election. He brought it into the white house with him.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Thought provoking.

I'm not going to leap to conclusions although I can confidently speculate that some people would lose all respect for MLK.

But they do share some common ground they could bond a friendship from -- both have been targeted by the FBI and perhaps both were even set up unfairly and spied on unlawfully by the FBI.

MLK was a known pootang grabber... him and Trump would get along just fine.
edit on 12-1-2018 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Trump signed it. He could have vetoed it.

He could have vetoed it if he was an idiot and wanted to shoot himself in the foot.

You guys keep telling us he is so..

Maybe he's not?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I didn't vote for Trump. Would've been nice if he lived up to what he preached, though.

And what if he does?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: neo96

ahhh so how am I a bigot?

or do you just like resorting to baseless name calling

Seriously? You essentially call any views which aren't your own racist and bigoted.

It's basically the textbook definition of a bigot.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Get a time machine go back pick up Mr King go back father Pick up Washington .
Bring them to 2018 then let them see the world .
You think ether one would care about meeting Trump or any world leader ?
My guess is they would want to restart the new revolution ( that is if the sadness of seeing the ruined of what they fought so hard for .

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I do not think Trump is a racist and I guess this is a good gesture on his part, but your overall premise in the OP is highly illogical.

Signing this resolution in and of itself is not indicative of what is in the man's heart.

It's also concerning that so many of you have become such outspoken propagandists for the man.

You don't even try to hide it anymore. Out in the open for all to see.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

So what?

If he refused to sign this you would be defending him for not doing it and calling me a "libtard" for calling him out on it.

Trump is a bigot.

He does this and what, you expect everyone to kiss his ass like you do and and forget that all his rhetoric about Mexicans, Islam and transgenders?

So I personally do not deny that this is a good thing, but lets not pretend it makes up for his past.

Welcome to trigger level 5,000 sport...
How does it feel to be so driven by your identity that you would rather see people suffer than the opposition do anything good?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   

So I personally do not deny that this is a good thing, but lets not pretend it makes up for his past.

By that logic do you believe a person who has done something perceived as bad is therefore a bad person as a whole regardless if they have ever done anything good?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

He does this and what, you expect everyone to kiss his ass like you do and and forget that all his rhetoric about Mexicans, Islam and transgenders?

Mexican here....Are you mexican as well? If not then why do you feel the need to feel 'offended' for me? Because I sure as hell don't. And guess what else? I live in California, you know where all the 'offended' mexicans live and what not? You know, the same mexicans who recognize the real problem? The real problem being illegal criminals pouring into the state with drugs and violent tendencies? You know, the same ones who rape the occasional underage child in my very own town alone? The same illegals who are only 15 years old and like to stab the occasional fellow student for the most ridiculous reasons?

Yea, you must be right, Trump is such a bigot for being wrong on that one.

Sarc over.
Gimmie a f*%$*n break.

GO TRUMP!
edit on 16-1-2018 by Zeta Reticuli because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join