It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Oprah….please!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Really….?

Has it got this bad, is the left this screwed and is the democratic party weak that this is the best they can muster, Oprah for President?

I really hope not because quite honestly, I think she could be just as bad as Trump by being his almost exact opposite, whereas Trump might just lose his mind over a few footballers kneeling Oprah would want to send the entire nation to some self-help group to get over it. They are two polar opposite extremes and it is a fallacy to believe that she is the answer to the problem with leftist politics right now.

Many of the same criticisms that Trump faces are just as applicable to her, she has zero political experience just like Trump for a start. She also, to me, seems to be at an extreme side of the political divide, she speaks for her side and that is all, just like how Trump only seems to speak for his base. I think that just like Trumps branks of strong nationalism and tough man attitude is damaging Oprah’s brand of extreme social justice warrior would be just as damaging but in very different ways. I also think that in times of a deep national crisis or war I would rather have Trump rather than Oprah because I think he might at least do something rather than turn to a self-help book and meditate on the issue for days until its too late. And just like Trump can someone please explain to me why anyone thinks a billionaire can ever possibly relate to the struggles of the everyday man??

Now sure, its early, she has not even been formally announced as a candidate, but I think we all know it’s coming. Although she has her problems right now that I can’t really see how she could ever get over them. Who knows though, she could run a really good campaign, win the nomination and put up a good fight against Trump but right now I doubt it. Actually, I think if she were to win the nomination it would only make America even more divided as it would be truly a fight against two extremes.

Finally, I think her running turns the democratic election process into a popularity context akin to that of pop-idle only now it’s for who sits in the big chair. I oppose this idea that celebrities make for politicians and I think if she were to win the nomination it would just further encourage other to follow in her footsteps. If that happens before long we could be complaining about President Kardashian and her cabinet of West, Bieber, and vice president cyrus….

Anyway those are my thoughts on this stupid idea that President Oprah is the answer Trump.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The spin from the Color Purple will leave her black and blue.. N....opra

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I think it was more like a joke, that went "viral", in this new freakshow we call reality.

Nothing more.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The presidency has slowly changed to nothing more than a popularity contest.
But look at the bright side.
Everything will crash and burn sooner so we can start fresh.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Just so you know, Oprah nor anyone related to her has said/made an announcement for POTUS.

She made a speech. Some people commented about how she should run.

That's it. This whole "is this all the left can muster up," is typical right-wing propaganda.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I applaud you to recognize they idocrazy going on on the other side (no pun intended) of the current ruling spectrum.

They do not advocate policies or better plans, instead they only complain, ridicule and are trying to be"smarter" in influencing the people. They take people as fools ( with might be true for many) but to any intelligent independent mind it is a disgrace.

The left have some good and or interesting ideas, they should advocate their ideas and stop playing silly games.
I really thing the left needs a radical purge of leadership, its sick.
Let it be said there is enough idiots and selfish power hungry basterds on the other side as well.

Having said that, my way would be to get rid of the left and right ideas in total.

Just take ideas on their merrit and progress for the human kind.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
I think it was more like a joke, that went "viral", in this new freakshow we call reality.

Nothing more.

I really hope it is.

she would be awful.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Who else is going to run? She has a better shot at winning than any other dems that I know of. Kim Kardashian maybe popular amongst the left as well...tough choices.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

you make fair points but I still think its valid to post out why I don't think she should run.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
no sir, the rumors are just that. Make believe fairy tales.
Now, if you read the other handful of threads, what was the point of making another? Is it because you have discovered the formula to getting attention?? Surely you could have conveyed this opinion in the other ones?

In any case, do not be concerned. She will not be running for President, that is a FACT . If you ask me how do I know, it is because , I KNOW .

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Nothing more.

I really hope it is.

she would be awful.

All that shouting? Ugh.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'd vote for a carrot if the other choice was Donald Trump.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Everything will crash and burn sooner so we can start fresh.

It won't be ''we'' that start fresh. It will be those few rich who have their bunkers and redoubts in the mountains. And they won't start ''fresh''. They will continue until they can blow it all up again.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

what was the point of making another? Is it because you have discovered the formula to getting attention??

Well if I wrote this out in any of the other threads I would hijack the thread by making it about my views on the possibility of her running for POTUS.

I don't know what this magical formula you speak of is.

In any case, do not be concerned. She will not be running for President, that is a FACT . If you ask me how do I know, it is because , I KNOW .

hmmm that sounds like of like how a flat-earther knows the earth is flat....

Like I say I am not saying she will run, but there is a lot of speculation right now about the possibility of her running and I wanted to write a thread expressing my views on this.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

delicate don is like kim kardasian in a way - their worth is thier brand. lol

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

🙌 OPRAH 2020! I'm serious, I want her to run big league! She's Trump's pal isn't she? It will be like Trump vs Hillary all over again! Great entertainment.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

edit on 12-1-2018 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: knoxie

delicate don is like kim kardasian in a way - their worth is thier brand. lol

No.

link   
Thats because you don't know any other Democrats except for whatever name is put in front of you on TV. I am surprised you have not just written Hillary Clinton's name again, like the rest of the population that have zero ability to do any effort and research what other Democrats are out there that do not splatter their name in the TV and magazines. The strongest candidate for DNC leadership, by far is Tulsi Gabbard.

The New Mexico governor is quite a quack to be honest so she does not cut it. Look for Senators from state to state. They all have Twitter accounts now, helps you get an insight into the person. Expect it to be a female. California has no good candidates. I am looking through the northern mid-west states to see what Democrat Senators and Reps. they have to offer. Likely not many. But I am just doing it for the sake of knowing who is out there so I don't have to seem like a fool repeating the same washed out nobodies that come up on TV.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Nothing more.

I don't think so..the left is all about the first black President, first woman...holy crap how about the first black woman President!!! They will work their way though the first LGBT etc too.

That is what it is all about...lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join