It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump does not have the 'skill set' to help bring peace to Northern Ireland, Irish premier says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   

He said: "I have read The Art of the Deal and the basic concept behind that is 'a good deal is when I win and you lose'. That's not the kind of deal that is going to work in Northern Ireland."

"So while President Trump has many enormous talents and abilities, I don't think bringing about peace in Northern Ireland would be his skill set.

"But certainly we are always open to assistance from the US."

Link

There will be two basic reactions to this news:

The cult of Trump will be outraged at the blasphemy.

The rest of the world will say, "Tell us something we don't know."

As a non-Trumper, I hope I'm wrong. No matter who you are, I think you have to agree that this is bad news.

The world needs confidence in the POTUS. This is a terrible sign.

How will Trump respond? I see a tweet on the way...

"The Irish premier needs to read my masterpiece again. I'll send Dennis Rodman over to deliver a copy. #MAGA"

www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-1-2018 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

Yeah, that would be the guy that has not been capable of even forming a government for the last 12 months.

The Irish Premier is a bit of a joke. He can't negotiate so therefore, he slings mud at someone who would not give a bat's eye for Ireland.

Lol. Why would you want to listen to this guy from the other side of the pond.

P

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Who gives a damn about some foreign country,it's about time everyone ran their own country and quit worrying about others,Ireland has been at war with each other as far back as I can remember,who gives a damn

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   

I’m not a trump fan however....

I thought the world wanted us to stop being “global police”. So why should this even have any bearing?

Let them find their own peace

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Why is the Irish PM dragging Trumps name into their countries long standing unresolved problems?

Seems like an attention getting statement, using Trumps name to get free publicity from a Trump obsessed media.
edit on 2-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   
oh man this gave me a chuckle. so trump cant help him but hes totally fine to get free aid from the US. i kinda wonder if this is just a ploy to try and get trumps attention so he can make a deal.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   

DEFUND The International Fund for Ireland.

Quit giving our money away.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

Why is the Irish PM dragging Trumps name into their countries long standing unresolved problems?

Seems like an attention getting statement, using Trumps name to get free publicity from a Trump obsessed media.

Disparaging another world leader for not having the skill set to fix an issue in his own country, that he clearly doesn’t have the skill set to fix himself

Pretty ironic

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   
But, but he could bring a golf course to Northern Ireland.
Ok, it would be strictly his golf course, but who needs boring peace if he could have a Trump golf course on it´s own soil?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
First of all When did the war start again.? The IRA, Provos etc have already layed down their arms and it's the Same on the other side. The tit for tat shootings and bombings have ceased for nearly 2 decades, So what peace is it Trump can or cant Bring to Norn Irn.??

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Dec. 22, 2017 · Local authorities in Ireland on Thursday gave the green light for a company owned by American President Donald Trump to build a 38,000-tonne sea wall at its golf course in the west of Ireland

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Don't y'all just love the smell of more of that panicked hyperbole in the morning? The delicate bouquet of garbage and desperation...with a subtle hint of bitter disappointment to round off a brisk top note of give me a #ing break. Just getting whiffs of it all over the place these days...🤔

Seriously...isn't it past time for other countries to handle their own sh!t? Over there crying about needing help to bring peace...and bashing the very person who would be in the position to provide it. Maybe they need a PM with some basic common sense instead of trying to involve other people in their mess. They've got ninety nine problems...and they've had them for a good long minute now.

But hey...any opportunity to blame something, anything on our POTUS, right? And make it look like it's A REALLY BIG SERIOUS PROBLEM GUYS!! Even if it makes you sound like a petulant child.

Bless y'alls pea pickin little # stirring hearts. Best to get an umbrella. I hear a storm is coming.
😹😹😹

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Okay I read the thread.

This whole ordeal is... weird. LOL!

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   

He said nothing inflammatory or untrue.

Trump is a hammer. You dont always need a hammer.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Yeah, that would be the guy that has not been capable of even forming a government for the last 12 months.

The Irish Premier is a bit of a joke. He can't negotiate so therefore, he slings mud at someone who would not give a bat's eye for Ireland.

Lol. Why would you want to listen to this guy from the other side of the pond.

P

Because he knows something about the subject matter?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I think the Irish Premier is a bit star struck.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I have relatives by marriage on both sides of the Irish border. The peace process defies any kind of quick fix. Hell, the peace process in Ireland is something that will take decades. There is no possible deal for Trump to easily broker.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Why is it now Trump's job to do the Irish Premier's job? The one truly lacking any skill is the Premier to make an idiotic comment like that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join